Where to go for cinema with English in Udon Thani

Ireland32

The new cinemas at Vientiane Center in Vientiane Laos frequently have English movies. Check their website.

This may be an expensive trip with the fee for a VOA.

But might be worth it if you're wanting to see that special movie.

According to their website, today they are showing 3 Western movies with English soundtracks.

http://www.majorcineplex.com/booking/search-results.php?cinemaId_1=19

I've only ever seen one English soundtrack movie at the Big C cinemas and none at all at Landmark.

That's odd...I watch their online listings all the time and always see English soundtrack movies listed at LandMark and sometimes at Big C also. I have never seen anything listed that I really wanted to see yet. Are the online listings wrong?

Most films will have Enflish Subtitles, and actually Thai Films are really good...

Thai T.V. Is terrible, but there Films are excellent.

I was at the cinema yesterday went to see Cafe Society, it was a Woody Allen Production, it was excellent....

Not too long ago I flew to Bangkok for a film because I really wanted to see it on the big screen in English. Most of the time though, for big films I just wait until I can download them.

It's cool that some Thai films have English subs, but most international films with dubbed thai soundtracks don't have English subs.

I wish they'd leave the soundtrack in their native language, and subs for other languages.

Listening to a well known Hollywood star with the same 3 or 4 voice over people in the industry drives me nuts. A Thai movie in Thai with English subtitles would be great - wouldn't want to watch a Thai film with English dubbing.

One thing I've heard (I'm pretty sure I read it on this forum) is that it does say if it has English, but the information is written in Thai, so unless you know what the word looks like in Thai you could be fooled to believe it doesn't support it when it does.

Major cinemas have apps on Android and more than likely Apple devices too.

App is very detailed and will tell you movie times, length of movie and most importantly which movies have an English soundtrack.

Other information as well.

If you go to Central downstairs they have a board telling you what movies are on and times etc. Look for Soundtrack. This indicates movie is in English and will have Thai subtitles.

I have seen several movies in English with Thai dubs in Central Plaza Udon Thani, they usually have one or two running

As tlcwaterfall says look for Soundtrack on the poster usually near the bottom

I have even seen English language movies in Central Plaza Khon Kaen and that was a real surprise.

They are out there but the best thing to do is go up to the cinema floor and look on the posters there

Good luck or look good

I have seen several movies in English with Thai dubs in Central Plaza Udon Thani, they usually have one or two running

As tlcwaterfall says look for Soundtrack on the poster usually near the bottom

I have even seen English language movies in Central Plaza Khon Kaen and that was a real surprise.

They are out there but the best thing to do is go up to the cinema floor and look on the posters there

Good luck or look good

my gf could see on 1st floor near information desk whether English or not, Thanks everyone it was written in Thai

Archived