Your Krathong!

goski

Hello!

Loy Krathong has already passed and for those who put on their flak gear and managed to reach the stage for the Thai way of simulating the D-day (with live ammunition of course) you must have had something to loy. I was insisted upon by my better half to show a friend of mine how Loy Krathong is celebrated, including making your own krathong.

Here are my pictures of the krathongs we made that will surely bring a tear to your eyes. My friend (who was trying to portrait a dragon) had some difficulties with the actual "loy" bit but we came up with a solution.

post-24806-1163822190_thumb.jpg

post-24806-1163822201_thumb.jpg

I have been making kratongs for years, not litterally of course as my girlfriend actually made them, just leaving a little space for me to mess them up somehow.

Even when she already was my ex-girlfriend she came to share this ceremony with me last year.

The result has always been depressive.

They never sailed away the way they are supposed to do, mostly they got stuck some meters further on, candles blew out directly and some even keeled over. And never, never, they followed the same course. It was embarrassing, I have no other words for it.

So this year, finally really alone, I tried to neglect the whole thing.

Driving home through the villages, looking at all the candle lights the Thai people had put out on their fences and gates, I however got even more depressive than ever before at this occasion: not only alone but lonely as well.

Next year I will join the party again, that's for sure!

Limbo :o

PS: Indeed Goski, your kratongs are really tearjerkers :D:D:D