‘Crocodile Feeding’ Pattaya Park Owner Ignores Suspension Order

rooster59

Arrest the arrogant son of a prick on the spot and get the army to close the whole park immediately, I am sure that might get his attention.

Arrogant yes, and also a very dangerous individual!!

Since when was anyone allowed to self design passenger rafts for use in crocodile infested lakes, and also deem them 100% safe??? Is this guy a qualified structural or marine engineer?? I very much doubt it!!!!

This is a disaster waiting to happen if allowed to continue.

This times 10000000.

I'm an mechanical engineer and confident in my abilities. But i would never dream of such arrogance of this guy. Is he certified to design something like this? Not a chance, they look a terrible design for what they are made for.

The testing of a build like these would be intense.They look too top heavy and if a croc drew attention to the people in the craft that were on the other side of it and all moved quickly to se it causing the craft to rock, i am pretty sure this ting could go turtle.

What are the provisions if the device starts to take on water on the buoyancy area?

What life saving previsions are there?

Have the welds been NDT'd?

I couod go on for ages and i know there are far smarter guys that me on TV that will tear the design of these things apart better than me.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrest the arrogant son of a prick on the spot and get the army to close the whole park immediately, I am sure that might get his attention.

Since when was anyone allowed to self design passenger rafts for use in crocodile infested lakes, and also deem them 100% safe??? Is this guy a qualified structural or marine engineer?? I very much doubt it!!!!

This times 10000000.

I'm an mechanical engineer and confident in my abilities. But i would never dream of such arrogance of this guy. Is he certified to design something like this? Not a chance, they look a terrible design for what they are made for.

The testing of a build like these would be intense.They look too top heavy and if a croc drew attention to the people in the craft that were on the other side of it and all moved quickly to se it causing the craft to rock, i am pretty sure this ting could go turtle.

What are the provisions if the device starts to take on water on the buoyancy area?

I couod go on for ages and i know there are far smarter guys that me on TV that will tear the design of these things apart better than me.

The use of plastic drums as floatations devices in crocodile infested water, kind of removes the nessesity for TV posters to "tear the design of these things apart"......I'm sure the crocs will eventually do that for us

But this is Thailand... Were they used an oxy acetylene torch in attempting to scrap a mine, a couple of years back... So anything goes, here (mind you, it was turned to scrap.... along with several nearby buildings)

I find it amusing that the same people who are usually slagging the Chinese tourists are so concerned about their welfare.

I'm pleased that you are amused. But then callous idiots are usually easily amused.

The use of plastic drums as floatations devices in crocodile infested water, kind of removes the nessesity for TV posters to "tear the design of these things apart"......I'm sure the crocs will eventually do that for us

But this is Thailand... Were they used an oxy acetylene torch in attempting to scrap a mine, a couple of years back... So anything goes, here (mind you, it was turned to scrap.... along with several nearby buildings)

You know i actually missed they use them till after i posted this. I can't add anythuing. The guy should be in jail as should anyone that gave what ever permits were awarded..

As you say....it's Thailand. A country of complete idiots.

So what's the problem,,,the law can go there and sent every one home and shut/lock the gates than wait for the owner to come back and lock him up ,,,,,Happened in other country why not here?

Why not here?

Money and Face!! The only two things that matter here!

So what's the problem,,,the law can go there and sent every one home and shut/lock the gates than wait for the owner to come back and lock him up ,,,,,Happened in other country why not here?

Why not here?

Money and Face!! The only two things that matter here!

"Face" has completely destroyed what should have been a decent progressive fair country.

This times 10000000.

As said, all it will take is for everyone to rush to one side and it will roll over. Very good chance of that happening, especially if someone drops a 10 baht coin!

As said, all it will take is for everyone to rush to one side and it will roll over. Very good chance of that happening, especially if someone drops a 10 baht coin!

Too right matey.

I've been here about 10/11 years. I am trying hard to think of anything more stupid than this. This is putting lives in danger each time one ventures out into the lake.

I've no idea how dep it is but from watching National Geographic etc, those Crocs use their tail to "jump" to grab stuff. If one tries that it "could" get in the thing or at least get a hold of someone inside or turn it turtle.

My guess is that there are no lifejackets on board.......and of course, no loo........!

If one of those devises overturns in the croc pond a lifejacket will be of little use as the passengers attempt to walk on the water, and as for a toilet, the pond will full of something brown and floating.

Lifejackets would keep the "food" on the surface, making it easier for the crocs to feed.

Archived