TOT Internet 5 minutes on then 5 minutes off in Na Jomtien area

Inn Between

The title says it all, except to say that it's on standard service -- not fibre. I suppose this could more logically go in the IT forum, but I'll try it here as the problem is surely local.

It's been happening for about 5 days and I know I'm not alone. A call to 1100 (service) does nothing, of course.

Wondering if anybody had any info or was going through the same crap. It's amazing that a problem with such a constant pattern can't be found and solved in 5 days. And now with other extra-long holiday weekend going, I don't see any help coming soon.

I guess they are trying to compete with 3BB ...

3BB is a bit faster, 1 minute on, 1 minute off. Been like this for the last 6 weeks.

Soon we will get AIS fiber here ... having more choices will hopefully force them

to get their act together or face loosing all of their customers ....

TOT (standard ADSL service) is up and down here (Thepprasit) but not as bad as you say. Sometimes out for an hour or two but then back for a few days with no problems. I've got around six or eight 038- contact number for TOT "service" but as soon as there's a problem they seem to refuse to answer the telephone. You can drive over to their office on Klang and ask but unless you live nearby that gets tiresome.

From what I've read here I'm not sure 3BB or True are much better at the moment.

Is the fibre service more reliable than the standard one? I'd have thought that these problems are either related to major hardware that would affect all of their internet services or else to international problems (subsea cable maintenance, etc.) that would also affect both fibre and the normal service.

Internet service is in a flux of sorts here in Pattaya. The powers are trying to figure out how to make the most money, another roll out of "service" costing people etc.. The decline in service is an experiment to determine how much people are willing to pay. It isn't a matter of equipment. They aren't talking to farangs, they are talking to Thai people. Farangs don't represent a customer base they actually care about.

The stories from Pattaya internet always sound disturbing.

My ToT fibre in the sticks yesterday had it's first outage since many months.

And that was very likely due to torrential rainstorms and flooding in Khon Kaen (city).

I've been using True for quite some years.

Over the last 6 weeks a lot of problems, starting with some cable blazes.

2 periods of 3 days absolutely NO internet at all and lately it's going on and off.

Have had the engineer here a few times, the modem was replaced and I promised them that I would stop calling in case a new problem occurs.

Issue is, that none of the providers covering the Banglamung area can guarantee a flawless and smooth service.

Luckily I do have my phone with 4G which can be used as a hotspot; it's a bit hanky-panky but it let me do the most important jobs.

I had similar repeated disconnect/reconnect about a week ago..when I looked at my modem settings I saw that somehow

the ADSL standard had been changed to T1.413 changed it back to ADSL2+ rebooted modem and the problem stopped.

TOT are running new fiber cables in the Na-Jomtien ( Ambassador hotel )

area so probably fiddling around with their equipment installed on the electricity poles which wont be helping matters.

TOT (standard ADSL service) is up and down here (Thepprasit) but not as bad as you say. Sometimes out for an hour or two but then back for a few days with no problems. I've got around six or eight 038- contact number for TOT "service" but as soon as there's a problem they seem to refuse to answer the telephone. You can drive over to their office on Klang and ask but unless you live nearby that gets tiresome.

From what I've read here I'm not sure 3BB or True are much better at the moment.

Is the fibre service more reliable than the standard one? I'd have thought that these problems are either related to major hardware that would affect all of their internet services or else to international problems (subsea cable maintenance, etc.) that would also affect both fibre and the normal service.

After 6 days, the problem finally appears to be fixed, although I type this with hesitation, fearful that doing so may jinx me.

The closest neighbor is using TOT Fibre and was not having the problem, but other neighbors with ADSL were getting exactly what I was.

After 6 days, the problem finally appears to be fixed, although I type this with hesitation, fearful that doing so may jinx me.

The closest neighbor is using TOT Fibre and was not having the problem, but other neighbors with ADSL were getting exactly what I was.

Yep, you jinxed it. smile.png Not getting the stop/start now, but sooo slooow. a download test (testmy.net) shows a whopping 57 Kbps. i hope you are getting better speed.

Archived