THAI wins Skytrax Most Improved Airline and Best Airline Lounge Spa Awards

webfact

THAI wins Skytrax Most Improved Airline and Best Airline Lounge Spa Awards

BANGKOK, 19 July 2016 (NNT) – The government has congratulated national flag carrier Thai Airways International (THAI) for being voted the World’s Most Improved Airline at Skytrax World Airline Awards.

Government spokesperson Sansern Kaewkamnerd announced that THAI was presented two prestigious and coveted awards in the Skytrax 2016 World Airline Awards ceremony at Farnborough International Airshow as the World’s Most Improved Airline and the World’s Best Airline Lounge Spa Facility.

THAI was also placed in top three in three categories: Best Economy Class Onboard Catering - for the quality of meals, quality of food, beverage selections and visual presentation; Best Airline Staff Service in Asia - for staff service efficiency, friendliness and service hospitality and overall consistency; and World's Best Airport Services.

He said that THAI is yet to proceed with its organizational reform plan, which has been implemented since 2015 and is now in its second phase to enable the company to achieve the highest excellence in all dimensions.

The government spokesman also said that Thailand has attempted to correct all issues raised by the International Civil Aviation Organization, according to plans from the Department of Civil Aviation of Thailand.

The government has selected personnel with qualifications to be staffed at the DCA while hiring organizations and experts to help inspect and assess the issuance of aviation licenses, he said.

He added that the review of the issuance of licenses for 28 aviation business operators and the preparation for the next ICAO assessment during December this year and March next year are now in progress.

The government spokesman said the ICAO has already expressed appreciations over Thailand’s serious actions and visions to address all problems.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-19 footer_n.gif

Govt: THAI named Most Improved Airline by Skytrax

BANGKOK, 19 July 2016 (NNT) – The government has congratulated national flag carrier Thai Airways International (THAI) for being voted the World’s Most Improved Airline in the Skytrax World Airline Awards.

Government Spokesperson Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd announced that Skytrax, an international airline rating agency, has recently ranked THAI as the World’s Most Improved Airline based on its passenger satisfaction survey conducted between August 2015 and May 2016. The World’s Most Improved Airline Award takes into account an airline’s performance improvements in other survey categories.

In addition, THAI this year won the title of the World’s Best Airline Lounge Spa Facility. It also landed in the top three in the categories of Best Economy Class Airline Catering, Best Airline Staff in Asia, and the World’s Best Airport Services.

Maj Gen Sansern said the Prime Minister would like to offer his congratulations to all staff and executives of THAI for this success. He also encouraged them to proceed with the organizational reform plan, which has been implemented since 2015 and is now in its second phase, in order to enable the company to achieve the highest excellence in all dimensions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-19 footer_n.gif

The details is in the wording: Most improved airline, i.e from mediocre to mediocre plus.....

1. Emirates
  2. Qatar Airways
  3. Singapore Airlines
  4. Cathay Pacific
  5. ANA All Nippon Airways
  6. Etihad Airways
  7. Turkish Airlines
  8. EVA Air
  9. Qantas Airways
  10. Lufthansa

Do they really have a category "World’s Best Airline Lounge Spa Facility" ???

The more categories there are the more airlines can win a prize and the more these airlines will advertize they won a prize.

Result is instant free publicity for Skytrax.

Sansern said "THAI is yet to proceed with its plan which is now in its second phase"!

Seriously though, it really has improved its service standard over the last twelve months. And, this improvement has also been reflected in the stellar rise in its share price.

Let's hope the improvement continues.

Certainly, and being THAI, they can offer spa treatments and massage services, something for which Thais are world famous.

The hub of the rub!

Well they certainly won't win an award for prices ! One of the only straight flights to my country ( from Bangkok), in economy ...more than 1000 euro ...> 41.000 B.

Sure they have promotions but it is for 2 flying together and not in my period of flying home.

I flew to Perth in December last year..ticket price B31,000.00.In May this year I flew to Boston MA via NYC return...ticket price B37,000.00.

The return from Perth to BKK means arriving in a remote part of the airport and taxiing for fifteen to twenty minutes and then a bus trip from the plane to the airport building for ten to fifteen minutes and THEN stare at an empty baggage carousel for thirty minutes until some indolent baggage handler wakes up for long enough to dump the bags on to the said carousel!Most improved.....?Let's face it it could not get any worse!!!

The details is in the wording: Most improved airline, i.e from mediocre to mediocre plus.....

1. Emirates
  2. Qatar Airways
  3. Singapore Airlines
  4. Cathay Pacific
  6. Etihad Airways
  7. Turkish Airlines
  8. EVA Air
  9. Qantas Airways
  10. Lufthansa

Very true,It is easy to improve from somewhere near the bottom. Have at least halve the planes leave on time today,only loose 25% of the baggage they normaly loose,etc.

I haven't flown Thai for a while, are they worth looking at again. Last time I flew was probably 2006. When I have been comparing prices on the internet and look at Thai's prices they seem high compared to other airlines so I have avoided them. They also have a reputation for poor service, which seems like it has improved albeit from a low position.

1. Emirates
  2. Qatar Airways
  3. Singapore Airlines
  4. Cathay Pacific
  6. Etihad Airways
  7. Turkish Airlines
  8. EVA Air
  9. Qantas Airways
  10. Lufthansa

Of course true, turning a penny into two may be a 100% improvement but is still just 2 cents.

As for this list, I have flown Qatar and Etihad, absolutely nothing special and paid a premium

for what was supposed to be a superior airline experience. I will never do that again. ANA and

Lufthansa were efficient and competitive price wise. For me I have come to the conclusion

that price and scheduling are the most important factors in choosing a flight. The shortest

most direct flights are preferable but for me coming from Canada there are no direct flights. Equipment

being used would be a third factor (I do like the Dreamliner and A380, but I suppose it depends

how they are configured.) Save money and spend at the destination. thumbsup.gif

They got some kind of 'honourable mention' for economy catering and probably deserved it. As airline food goes it's not bad. However the real problem continues to be their pricing: given the choice between business class on Malaysia from Bangkok to Sydney ( with 3 hours in Kl) @ 36000B ( as it was just recently) or 32000 for economy on the direct service on Thai: a no brainer.

Othe airlines are beating them on price to Europe: Vietnam on the new A350, Sri Lankan, Malaysian, China Southern: all WAY under Thai fares.

I like Thai Airways, just not enough to pay a significant premium over alternative carriers ( and particularly when 'status' with Thai means less and less, eg no priority immigration line card).

Only retards get voted 'most improved' at anything in life.

utter nonsense

for example, a few years back, GARUDA won that title too. They maintained their standards and even improved further, and are now one of the very few Airlines on this planet rated 5-star

http://www.antaranews.com/en/news/97578/garuda-presented-5-star-airline-award-for-indonesia

plus, best cabin staff WORLDWIDE for three subsequent years

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/2016-world-airline-awards-announced/

Family and I flew business class BNE - BKK return and we were dropped off in the "car park" both times by the plane recently. Had to get a bus to the terminal and to the plane on our return.

Thai airways hub is in Bangkok and they cannot push back from a terminal?

Lounge is good though.

Only retards get voted 'most improved' at anything in life.

utter nonsense

for example, a few years back, GARUDA won that title too. They maintained their standards and even improved further, and are now one of the very few Airlines on this planet rated 5-star

http://www.antaranews.com/en/news/97578/garuda-presented-5-star-airline-award-for-indonesia

plus, best cabin staff WORLDWIDE for three subsequent years

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/2016-world-airline-awards-announced/

Hmmmmm never heard of it

1. Emirates
  2. Qatar Airways
  3. Singapore Airlines
  4. Cathay Pacific
  6. Etihad Airways
  7. Turkish Airlines
  8. EVA Air
  9. Qantas Airways
  10. Lufthansa

Read this! : http://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/worlds-best-airlines/4

This is the same organization that put Chiang Mai on the world # 2 spot as best holiday destination, so I would not take this to seriously,

Family and I flew business class BNE - BKK return and we were dropped off in the "car park" both times by the plane recently. Had to get a bus to the terminal and to the plane on our return.

Thai airways hub is in Bangkok and they cannot push back from a terminal?

Lounge is good though.

The TG business class lounge was good in BKK? In what way?

Certainly not compared to any other business class lounges in which I have been in BKK.

Certainly, and being THAI, they can offer spa treatments and massage services, something for which Thais are world famous.

'Offer', hmm, at a price, for 1st class pax, and honorary circle/senator card holders, the spa being part of the top Royal Orchid lounge, gold card or business ticket not enough then...?

I maybe naive, but if I wanted a spa treatment I'd go to a spa parlor, not to an airport.

I'd rather rate an airline according to the way they make me lose time with bus transfers (CNX-BKK is invariably landing at a distant bus stop), on how they treat their frequent flyers (Thai lounge sucks, sorry guys, I think it has the same menu since 10 years at least) and free upgrades (Thai=1 for me in the last 50 flights or so), and on the leg space on board (Thai much worse than most since they fitted their vintage 747's with electronics boxes which take half of the space under the seat). As for service on board, the average flight attendant is now about 45 and they have forgotten what is a smile. I am also slightly annoyed at seeing all of the crew monopolyzed every time there is a monk on board.

Thai may have improved a lot in the last six months or so... I wouldn't know since I have switched to others.

'Offer', hmm, at a price, for 1st class pax, and honorary circle/senator card holders, the spa being part of the top Royal Orchid lounge, gold card or business ticket not enough then...?

In all fairness to TG, they do offer limited spa services to business class travellers, namely complimentary foot or head/neck massage in nice, quiet area individual areas.

No, they do not offer that for senator/honorary circle card holders. I wouldn't expect TG to, since those are a Lufthansa frequent flyer programme features.

World's best airline at selling recycled steel after a crash....

World's best airline at serving water at proper temperature 4-minutes before cruising altitude...

World's best airline at capturing over 100 poisonous snakes while over an ocean

Archived