Quitting Alcohol YouTube Channel

Phantom4

For anyone, that doesn't want to go down the AA route to give up Alcohol forever.

Or if you would like to detox from Alcohol for a few months, or if you are already a non-drinker for years, I find this Youtube Channel "AlocholMasteryTV" very good.

Useful, honest, wise information.

Week One -

[media]

[/media]

Three Years Later - A Different Man!

[media]

[/media]

Can't see week 1

BTW, why mention AA? This is for people who CAN'T quit by themselves, i.e alcoholics(those who get DTs when they stop drinking). Not for people who drink too much but can stop with their own willpower, to make themselves look better, lose weight, save a job etc.

Can't see week 1

BTW, why mention AA? This is for people who CAN'T quit by themselves, i.e alcoholics(those who get DTs when they stop drinking). Not for people who drink too much but can stop with their own willpower, to make themselves look better, lose weight, save a job etc.

Nothing against AA but I can see on this part of the forum some people are hesitant or maybe it is not for everyone, this Guy in the Videos didn't use AA so whatever floats people boats.

Week one showing on my side, try refreshing the page, (pressing F5) you probably know that, thanks.

Can't see week 1

There's often many solutions to the same problem.

AA works for some people but not for others.

According to AA, alcoholism is a progressive disease. With that in mind, surely you can be an alcoholic in the early stages of the disease and not have DTs?

Also, according to AA, only the alcoholic can diagnose themselves. So how is it that you think you can diagnose somebody as not being an alcoholic?

You seem to be very narrow minded on this topic. It's great that AA worked for you (if indeed you have stopped) but it is not the only way. It is also not up to you to diagnose whether people are alcoholics or not, not matter what stage they are at.

At the end of the day - it's not a competition. You treat AA like it's your favorite football team and that anything else is the opposition.

A post in which the reply was made within the quoted post with different colored font has been removed.

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

Can't see week 1

There's often many solutions to the same problem.

AA works for some people but not for others.

According to AA, alcoholism is a progressive disease. With that in mind, surely you can be an alcoholic in the early stages of the disease and not have DTs?

Also, according to AA, only the alcoholic can diagnose themselves. So how is it that you think you can diagnose somebody as not being an alcoholic?

You seem to be very narrow minded on this topic. It's great that AA worked for you (if indeed you have stopped) but it is not the only way. It is also not up to you to diagnose whether people are alcoholics or not, not matter what stage they are at.

At the end of the day - it's not a competition. You treat AA like it's your favorite football team and that anything else is the opposition.

Why would someone in the early stages want to stop?

Just because AA says so, doesn't make it fact. I thin I know if someone else is an alkie because I am one.

Not narrow-minded at all. I have stopped for many years, have you? Am i not entitled to my opinion if someone is an alkie or not? there are experts who give criteria for this btw.

If you are an alcoholic you will have 3 of the following criteria:-

http://en.wikipedia....ohol_dependence

Definition and diagnosis[edit]

According to the DSM-IV(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders published by the American Psychiatric Association) criteria for alcohol dependence, at least three out of seven of the following criteria must be manifest during a 12 month period:

1 - Tolerance

2 - Withdrawal symptoms or clinically defined Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome

3 - Use in larger amounts or for longer periods than intended

4 - Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down on alcohol use

5 - Time is spent obtaining alcohol or recovering from effects

6 - Social, occupational and recreational pursuits are given up or reduced because of alcohol use

7 - Use is continued despite knowledge of alcohol-related harm (physical or psychological)

Please point out where I have said anything of the sort.

Posters are reminded of sub-forum rule #2:

"2. Tolerance:

There are different views about what constitutes “problem drinking” or how alcoholism is defined. Experience has shown that debates over this are unhelpful and quickly devolve into flaming. Ultimately only the individual involved can determine whether or not alcohol is a problem in their lives. Posters are welcome to share their experiences and observations, but theoretical debates are to be avoided.

There are a number of different approaches to achieving sobriety. Thai Visa neither endorses nor condemns any of them, and this forum is not an appropriate venue for campaigns to either discredit or promote a particular approach. People who have achieved sobriety are naturally eager to share what worked for them with others, and people who have decided for or against a particular approach are often understandably eager to explain and defend their choice. Sharing of experiences is absolutely encouraged, but should not cross the line into argumentative debate or defamatory campaigns. These are unconstructive and will not be allowed. Please limit yourself to describing what did or did not work for you/people you know, and respect that the experience of others may differ.

Constructive suggestions – particularly those based on personal experience – are welcome, but overly aggressive attempts to persuade someone to adopt or discard a particular approach to achieving sobriety are not permitted...."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/475677-sub-forum-specific-rules/

Archived