Would like to reach enlightenment and teach Buddhism in English

Dparkod

Hello,

I am Asian born, living in America since child, who wishes to find enlightenment/Nirvana in this life time. I live by the 5 precepts given by the previous Buddha but have not fully reached Nirvana as of yet. Currently, I travel with my service dog, a 7 lb. Maltese. She has saved my life on more than one occasion and is my last attachment in this world. She is sick, diabetes/possibly Cushing's, therefore, I will never leave her until her life is done. After, I will join her in the next life where there is no illness, aging, or death.

Anybody know if any Buddhist temples exists in Thailand that would fit my needs?

Thank you for the kind replies. It brought tears to my eyes and I almost could not continue my work. Peace and blessings to you always. smile.png

I wrote a very long ( 1 hour + ) reply and when I sent it, it didn't and showed a weird message. Sad that I didn't save it, will write it again tomorrow.

There's a temple also for foreigners not far away from Ubon Ratchathani. I guess you'll have to Google a lot and try to find the right people with the same interests.

Don't cry, smile when you've got the feeling to cry and vice versa. You might need some time to find out why I wrote that. Cheers- M.-wai2.gif

• 2 months later...

Too many attachments. I'm the same, love my dog. Maybe the next life. Enlightenment is not something you strive for, that's a contradiction in terms. It comes to you when you're ready for it. But it seems like you're on the right path. That's the main thing.

Archived