Whatever next! Monk flashing Thai woman video goes viral!

webfact

Whatever next! Monk flashing Thai woman video goes viral!

s2ap.jpg
Image: Thairath

SAKORN NAKON -- A monk who exposed himself to a woman on video shamelessly asked for 1000 baht for the show!

Now an enraged Thai Buddhist public have called for even more clothing to be removed - "Defrock him now!" they have demanded.

The video of the incident that happened at a Sakorn Nakorn temple on Sunday was shared right across social media, reported Thairath. Religious people were angry that such behavior should be shown especially on the holy days celebrating Buddhist Lent yesterday and today.

In the video a young woman can be seen having an exchange of words with a monk. He approaches her aggressively and looks to be about to make trouble. He is seen holding a cigarette in his hand and then defiantly stands with his hands on his hips in front of the woman who has a phone.

Then the monk says: "Go on film me - take a video" he suggests.

At this point the monk reveals his belly by lifting his saffron robes and starts slapping his midriff announcing defiantly:

"Have a bit of that! I'll give you what you want. Just give me 1,000 baht for the show."

To which the unimpressed woman says: "No way would I give you 1,000 baht. What sort of a monk flashes a woman like that? What are you going on about using language like that?".

Not surprisingly the video was shared across many fan pages from the "Banyatthewa" site. The monk was almost universally criticized.
Netizens called for him to be defrocked for bringing the Buddhist religion into disrepute. Others called for the Sangha religious rulebook to be thrown at him.

Reporters went to the temple - Wat Pa Ban Dong Mor Thong in Ban Muang district of the north eastern province - where they spoke to another monk called Phra Surawuth Worawuttho who said that the monk in the clip had just been visiting on some clerical business.

There had been an argument about him moving temples and the altercation with the woman had followed.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-20

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Netizens called for him to be defrocked for bringing the Buddhist religion into disrepute. "

I think the prize for that must have already been claimed jointly by Dhammachaiyo the Untouchable, Buddha Issara of 2014 fame and Luang Tha Chan, theTiger Temple abbot.wai.gif laugh.png

I think at this stage with all the controversy that is surrounding Thai Buddhism there needs to be a review by the SSC the only problem is that a lot of them are not what you would call Good Buddhists.

They are starting to remind me of the Good Muslim men that i worked with in Pakistan. We don't drink alcohol wait you have no "special" orange juice????

"Religious people were angry that such behavior should be shown especially on the holy days celebrating Buddhist Lent yesterday and today."

. Mmmm I like that. How about being angry because of the monk's actions?

It's time all monks were sacked and asked to re-apply for there positions under strict guidelines and rules...

I mean this is terrible for Thailand what has happened...what will people think...tourism numbers will drop as a result...I mean you just cannot slap your belly in front of a woman and use terrible language such as "come on video me and give me 1000b for the show".....whatever is Thailand coming too...terrible simply terrible behaviourcheesy.gif

Their are many good monks in Sakon Nakhon. The problem is to many monks are getting younger and younger and on top of that many monks have just been ordained into the monkhood.

Our neighbor who has been drunk for the past 3 years decided to become a monk three days ago. Our village wat told him no way we will take him in, so he shot off to another wat 15km away.

They actually asked me to come to the small party before he moved to the wat but I told them no thank you. Expect a lot of headlines coming out in the next 3 months as the wild season just started for monk-hood and it will continue until October.

I do have respect for monks and we have some good monks around but they are all very very old.

To many unemployed youngsters that join the wats.

I wish the OP would put a comma in the title.

Them I wouldn't need to open the post to see if it's a Monk flashing, Thai woman or a Monk, flashing Thai woman.

The temples have become a sanctuary for a lot of 'derailed' Thai citizens these days.

Sad,really, when we see so many elderly clinging on to their faith and future above earth.

Ordain and become a monk.........It's as easy as that....with all the riff -raff attached to it!!

Take low-life scumbag Thai male, shave his head, put him in an orange robe and HEY PRESTO you have an instant holy wise man who must be revered and deeply respected.

Are we expecting too much from monks? In the end they are only human, and we all have moments of weakness.

Maybe in the same way as we are expecting people to do the jobs that they are employed to do?

Archived