Late night food delivery?

ricku

I often find myself starving at home in the middle of the night. Food Panda, Chefs XP and all other food delivery services stops working around 23PM.

On top of this, I live in Lad Phrao area.. Far away from the 24h junk food restaurants that are available in Sukhumvit.

Is it hopeless to order food delivery around 1 - 3 AM?

Yeah it sure looks like it. That's kinda ridiculous, considering the size of this city. No late night food delivery in a city of 18 million people??

Even cities like London and New York, with their measly 8 million people, has a lot of options for 24H food delivery.

Sucks. The problem is restaurants close mostly by 12 so delivery services figure it's not worth staying open either. Of course, there are food places open 24 hrs. Your best bet would be make an arrangement with a motosai based near a restaurant you like to pick up and deliver. They would probably be happy to make the run as it should be a ride through empty streets late night.

I actually do this even earlier at night. It actually works out cheaper than Foodpanda with their markups and silly delivery charges on top of that.

Yeah it sure looks like it. That's kinda ridiculous, considering the size of this city. No late night food delivery in a city of 18 million people??

Even cities like London and New York, with their measly 8 million people, has a lot of options for 24H food delivery.

Well the population difference aside you have to think about the type of customers. Thais going home from their night club and bar gigs are going to eat some street food or noodles. The diversity of the customers in NYC or London is much more varied and more refined palates.

McDonald's can make it work on a 24 hour basis because Thais eat that food as much or even more than foreigners do. What I would love is if the 7/11 here had selections like they do in Japan. You can actually eat fairly well out of convenience stores in Japan. They variety they offer is good and tasty if not always healthy. Again the market caters to Thai people in general and they are pretty set in their ways about what they eat and are also price conscious consumers.

So am I afraid the future for late night deliveries or quality food available at convenience stores is pretty bleak.

Just wait until UBEREATS launches in Thailand, they might be able to offer late night delivery runs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Grab has a service to deliver from 7-11 available. The problem is they have nothing edible. So what restaurants are good that would be open right now? Maybe we could make a list of late night places and that would give options as to what is available.

And if anybody watched the video I left try the one they do dinner at Lawson's it is a better video. It is 1:30 AM and I can't think of anything that would be open that isn't either a chain or pretty bad. For Ubereats to work late at night places need to be open to pick up from.

• 5 weeks later...

Maccas/Mickey D's is the only 24hours delivery option I know of. Anyway, if you feel hungry at 11pm that often, how about stocking up te fridge with some food so you have something to eat late at night? Sounds like a smart idea to me ;)

• 3 months later...

Archived