Neighbour arrested for brutal murder of Swedish man in Cha Am

rooster59

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not been here too long but this case appears to have 3 of theBig 4 of most Thai headline murders:

1) Loss of Face

2) Yaba

3) Guns

Only one missing was:

4) Infidelity.

And greediness

5) alcohol

6) Jealousy

7) greed

This is a case were Shar'ia law would be useful. His wife would have the option to shoot him like he shot her husband without consequences

Sharia law also has double standards,....and the rich and powerful are punished differently than the common people ! unless they are up to somebody with more power....a bit like in Thailand...!?

revenge killing or rage that spiralled out of control.

whatever way it we have to try to get out of the syndrome of taking

the law into own hands and acting as witness, jury and judge all

rolled into one.

no one likes to lose face. but does capital crime have to be the penalty

for that.

As someone who has lived in Thailand and dealt with all levels of Thai people for a long time- the most difficult thing to get used to is the loss of face concept. Thais do not complain even when its justified; do not express surprise or question those they consider in authority; and do not ask the questions that need to be asked when conducting even simple business. It is as aggravating as anything I have ever seen and it has taken me decades to get around it or adjust to it. The rich and powerful Thais are keenly aware of the Thai nature and use these cultural traits to remain rich and powerful. There was a time when I tried to explain to my closest family members how this cultural trait is inhibiting Thailand's advancement and keeps individuals ignorant and poor but it is impossible. I have been rebuked often that I do not understand Thainess. The fact is , I understand what is happening quite well- now I just ignore it or simply keep quiet. Nothing I or any other foreigner will ever be able to change a Thai person's cultural trait.

However, what is interesting is that when a Thai lives abroad for a considerable period of time and interacts daily in English or another language and then returns to Thailand- they can see what we see and get as irritated by it as we do. They begin to realize how inhibiting some of Thainess can be.

They call Thailand the land of smiles, few however, realized that there's this raging anger and disregards

Way more of that on TV than you will ever encounter on the street

But less chance of one of us killing you as a result.

Internet anger is fairly harmless, if you ignore the possibility of heart attack or stroke.

...or suicide. Plenty kids have topped themselves over garbage directed at them on the internet.

**sigh** unsure.png We are such a violent species.

"Mr Qvarfordt was a well known and a well liked member of the expat community..." Evidently not so well liked in the local national community. Still, the fellow should not have been killed for his relations with neighbours.

Over all not that violent of a species ....rather the means to be violent by way of deadly weapons seriously exaggerates the violence....

But that can not be changed as we make or have available tools and objects in the form of weaponry that make it so easy to kill with...unfortunately.

A verbal argument or a physical altercation is not that concerning........as compared...but when there is a gun......or another form of deadly weapon .....then that object changes everything.

Yes he could have come over with a knife or an axe or some other dangerous object to be used as a weapon ...but that was not the case rather he chose to use his guns.. and in effect projecting his anger and turning his anger into violent anger while he has the distinct upper hand by way of the gun......and knows it .....and used it to his advantage.

That being the case then brutal murder sounds about right.

Cheers

revenge killing or rage that spiralled out of control.

whatever way it we have to try to get out of the syndrome of taking

the law into own hands and acting as witness, jury and judge all

rolled into one.

no one likes to lose face. but does capital crime have to be the penalty

for that.

Well ..according to some literature...when a person kills, such as we understand this event..... they are not thinking straight ...obviously.

At the time their emotions are overwhelmed with feelings and thoughts that are apparently uncontrollable at the time.

Hard to explain really but many people have been so outraged that they suddenly do something they regret..in a moment of anger while we all have the potential to loose it.....

If you have a gun on hand and readily available to you then a persons overwhelming anger and rage can easily go too far as a person simply goes through the motions that are driven by the anger while obviously you are not thinking clearly ...but you are thinking about killing someone....with that gun that easily accommodates your rage

You are thinking ...Just do it.....and not much else, if anything.

They say that the people that kill in cases such as this are temporarily in another dimension, so to speak, while they simply do not care ..at all about the obvious implications and or ramifications of what they are about to do because there is an interval where common sense and logic and even other people telling them and pleading with them to not do what they are about to do is blocked from their enraged minds...so they do it anyhow.

These are the same people that would easily argue that they would never kill another person because they are intelligent enough to think first before they act ....but ...those same people are commonly the ones that loose it one day and kill.......and then, often enough it takes a notable amount of time for them to realize the implications of what they did......and then go about making up self serving excuses as to why the killing is justified...in their minds.

Seldom do they have or feel remorse for what they have done while they feel that others will sympathize with their reasons as to why they killed another person....and if they do not garner anyone's sympathies then they commonly turn belligerent and develop an attitude and say: Fxck It ...I did it and I am glad I did it ..The man deserved to die.......its done ....end of story.

Such is the minds of some people

Cheers

its the old Thai rage thing again, they just never think of their own censequences, (still i expect he will say "sorry") and be out of jail in no time. we see this every day though don't we, and he tested positive for drug abuse

what the bejeebers is this a MGM production ? thye coppers should be patrolling the high-ways . tea money is needed .

"Mr Qvarfordt was a well known and a well liked member of the expat community..." Evidently not so well liked in the local national community. Still, the fellow should not have been killed for his relations with neighbours.

"On Saturday, police revealed that Mr Qvarfordt’s ex wife, whom he had divorced in 2009 had started a similar dog boarding business nearby and ever since there had been conflict between the two and other neighbours."

Hmmmmmm.

"On Saturday, police revealed that Mr Qvarfordt’s ex wife, whom he had divorced in 2009 had started a similar dog boarding business nearby and ever since there had been conflict between the two and other neighbours."

Hmmmmmm.

Well now...there you go ..the most probable answer to the mystery.

Just a matter of Eliminating the competition...Bang, Bang...Mafia Style... But not really a honored member of the local mafia so the Perp may go down hard for this one and be sacrificed ....but still the competition if effectively eliminated.

Now the market share has been effectively adjusted.

Cheers

why did the police black out the killers face? there were 19 count them 19! police officers hogging the camera yet they blacked out the main ass holes face! If I were a thai police man the last thing I would want was my face in public.

Were you ever employed?

Have you never had a group photo taken?

its the old Thai rage thing again, they just never think of their own censequences, (still i expect he will say "sorry") and be out of jail in no time. we see this every day though don't we, and he tested positive for drug abuse

Great that these days medical technology can not only test for drugs in someone's system, but can also test if the person is a drug abuser. Maybe the use of all illicit drugs makes one an abuser. Let's hope that this technology can be used to distinguish between a person who has a very high content of alcohol in their system and an alcohol abuser/alcoholic.

Good fast work by the police. May the victim RIP.

wonder why they blurred out his face?

Coz that's what a man who has 'lost face' looks like.

That was brilliant.

And you don't even have 100 posts to your name?

I sre hope you aren't a one-hit wonder...this forum needs more of that

Maybe he has less than 100 posts to his name because he only posts when he has something to say.

I have not been here too long but this case appears to have 3 of theBig 4 of most Thai headline murders:

1) Loss of Face

2) Yaba

3) Guns

Only one missing was:

4) Infidelity.

Give it a couple of days, the Ex-Wifes role in this may come out to play............give it time.

Archived