air guns

brownknees

Anywhere in Udon Thani you can buy?Mainly for small rodent work!Do you need a permit? How powerful are the local bought stuff?

Mate wavebb, google him. Probably have to contact him through his facebook page, used to have a shop in UD town not sure where he is now but still in Udon. Sells everything from ya simple air softs through to CO2 semi autos right up to Gamo break barrel .177's. If ya find out where his shop is at now give us a yell I need to stock up again ;) This is Thailand if you get caught, especially with the higher power stuff and replicas you need a permit. Like the knives batons nunchucks tazers, knuckle dusters and everything else that is available here you dont require a permit to purchase ;) and as you will only be using it on your property you should be sweet... you have been warned

You will need a gun license. It is also illegal to shoot rodents (i think).

Need of the license is correct but the shooting of rodents is not. http://www.thailawforum.com/database1/thailand-gun-law.html

Airsoft is not a firearm. It shoots plastic balls with air.

The conversation is not about Airsoft guns.

It is about Airguns, which shoot lead slugs and are capable of serious injury. That is why in Thailand, and some other countries, they are treated as firearms.

Need of the license is correct but the shooting of rodents is not. http://www.thailawforum.com/database1/thailand-gun-law.html

True, but anything that fires a projectile strong enough to drop a rodent he will. Also if it's a replica you could get in trouble. Plus he specifically asked for Hi power and let's be honest I could just tell him to get that rat glue stuff or a slingshot but clearly he wants a high powered airgun. Probably for more than just plinking at rats I'd imagine. Also doubt he'll get a permit but hey this is Thailand and it's all academic as he hasn't come back to the tread anyway

The conversation is not about Airsoft guns.

It is about Airguns, which shoot lead slugs and are capable of serious injury. That is why in Thailand, and some other countries, they are treated as firearms.

I looked at air soft guns a while ago with and for a friend in Roi Et. The sellers showed us different types of ammo including metal balls (like ball bearings) that could be used with an air-soft gun. He did explain that you may get in trouble if found to be firing them.

I have owned and used several "Air soft" guns over the past 10+ years... I use mine for recreational Target Practice and occasionally discouraging Soi Dogs from using the area in front of my gate for their "Personal Business" ... the first gun I bought was at a stand next to the Local Police Shooting range at a Red Cross Fair in Kalasin years ago... They included both the plastic balls and a small amount of metal ones... Most shops now sell ammunition in the form of small "Glass Balls" which seem to do far more damage to empty soda cans than either the plastic or metal ones... The small Glass balls will actually put holes in the cans where the other just seem to dent them...

A neighbor who is also an upper ranking Police Officer has stopped by and tried my guns at the hanging empty cans that I use for target practice and discussed how easy and cheap it is to buy "Real Guns" in the States.. When I asked him regarding the Local Laws for the Air-Soft guns his only advice was to only carry it in the case that it came in, especially when riding in either a truck. car or on a motorbike..

Pianoman in Kalasin

I have owned and used several "Air soft" guns over the past 10+ years... I use mine for recreational Target Practice and occasionally discouraging Soi Dogs from using the area in front of my gate for their "Personal Business" ... the first gun I bought was at a stand next to the Local Police Shooting range at a Red Cross Fair in Kalasin years ago... They included both the plastic balls and a small amount of metal ones... Most shops now sell ammunition in the form of small "Glass Balls" which seem to do far more damage to empty soda cans than either the plastic or metal ones... The small Glass balls will actually put holes in the cans where the other just seem to dent them...

A neighbor who is also an upper ranking Police Officer has stopped by and tried my guns at the hanging empty cans that I use for target practice and discussed how easy and cheap it is to buy "Real Guns" in the States.. When I asked him regarding the Local Laws for the Air-Soft guns his only advice was to only carry it in the case that it came in, especially when riding in either a truck. car or on a motorbike..

Pianoman in Kalasin

"it is also possible to purchase upgraded internals for some Airsoft guns that will enable the gun to shoot up to 170 m/s (550 ft/s) or higher."

The muzzle velocity of this Airgun in it's standard .177 version is 1000ft/s:

post-80674-0-68306300-1469541751_thumb.j

That's why some countries treat them as firearms, and why the OP wants one, and not an Airsoft.

Seeing we are now getting all specific. An Airsoft gun is generally a replica low power pistol or other that fires a 6 mm round projectile generally plastic. The law in Thailand states Airsoft can be owned without a permit if they have not been modified and don't use CO2. Only plastic pellets are used. If taken off your property are in a safe box and are not in any other way displayed or carried and are not used to kill or torture animals

. So what the OP wants is strictly illegal even if only on his property. All other projectile weapons CO2 semi autos, air rifles etc and anything that fires anything besides a 6 mm plastic bb need a permit for ownership but as I stated doesn't mean ya can't buy em. Just one of the multitude of laws in Thailand that have huge grey areas. So like everything else. Up to you. If you know what Airsoft is then you should also know what Airsoft is not by which you could easily determine whether you require a permit or not. Easy eh.

Archived