Foreign college exchange students fined for filmed drunken public lewd behaviour on Phi Phi

webfact

Total idiots.They think there in benidorm.These kind of people make me so angry.You wonder why farangs receive no respect anymore.If she is raped walking around like that .She will be to blame.Why before they come ,They not try to learn what you should not do in thailand.I hope that they are given jail time,and it put on western news.Maybe then,they might come and respect thai culture.

Definitely some interesting takes on this subject.

Most worthy of highlighting is the fact that when the pair (from Chiang Mai?) became aware that they were wanted by police, they immediately returned to face the police.

Well done to the foreigners.... They screwed up a wee bit, at a Thai tourist destination, at a full moon party, while drunk as skunks.... But.... It's these types of foreigners that make me proud to be a part of an establishment that stands up for its actions, admits wrong doing, and takes its licks without complaining.

However, I do fear for any individual who could suggest that because a woman is drunk, or semi clad, then it's ok to rape her... Or worse, her own fault. Hell... No means no.... Wether the girl was clad in a bikini or naked..., no means no!.... So Thomas Hannah, remember Hannah witheridge and family... Before suggesting a woman can be raped for looking like a woman, or that jail time is justice here in Thailand, were there are fewer and fewer objects worthy of respect, as time goes by

The punishment has now been set by the authorities, so they have made there statement about the severity of the case, without the need for brandings, whippings or extradition.

And as to learning Thai culture before coming... An excellent point.... When I first came, I read a couple of handy travel books... But now people just jump on the Internet to find out about somewhere... And what do they usually find?

Social media forums... Discussing FMP's, and sex on the beach... There's your research. (Admittedly limited, but most folk only want to see what most folk want to see)

My guess (without evidence) that there is probably more to the story. I would guess that behind the scenes they had a lawyer who negotiated everything before they turned themselves in. I know if I were in that situation I would have contacted my father and he would have told me to face the music -- but he would have made sure I had legal representation...

Sounds like a good father... A/ you have developed a healthy bond with your father.... B/. He has passed on the basics of decency and discipline (mind you, if it had been you, we could debate that matter further) and C/ regardless... Dads going to look out for you.

We could all be so lucky

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems somebody recognized the couple and forced them to go report themselves, I donot believe they really went to the police on their own.

Secondly, it was not like they were fooling about in the middle of a crowded beach or on a bench on Ratchademnern Avenue either, and if the vdo maker had left them at it instead of filming them and sharing his content, this would never become news either.

What a non event, and some posters here even agree with the Thais and feel the pair should be deported, what a sorry bunch!

Next !!

This is unbelievable !! 2000baht fine, is a joke.

Public indecency to say the least, as i posted before they should be jailed.

Jailed then deported banned from returning.

Just another case of crazy Thai justice.

Really! This is 2016 and a bit late to resurrect victorian values. Firstly it does not look like a hugely public place like the middle of a public beach or shopping mall, more like tucked behind a wall, and secondly if someone is really still offended by sex, then a polite "please find somewhere a little more private" is all that is needed. Actually of course you could just walk on by and ignore it if you don't like it. As for the police wasting time with a large press opportunity and processing a fine, all I can say is why can't they get on with trying to solve some of the more serious crimes in Thailand. Offence is rarely something "given" rather something people choose to "receive".

Double standards again,....why are they been named and shown without blurring there Faces ?...when real criminals are only shown with blurred faces and named only with there initials !?!?!/

These young kids did wrong, but didn't deserve to be shamed lifelong on the internet....!

Regards.

PS: the girl is really cute, and how Manny of us would not like to be serviced by her this way...or another !? .. No disrespect ! just brainstorming !...

A big deal over absolutely nothing. We should be worried about the rapes, insults, and harassment that Thai women have to put up with every day. Surely this happens every day here, it's just not filmed. I don't think it's right, but give attention to the serious problems!

Seems to be a lot of imbeciles defending this farang couple.

The two were clearly in public view just off a heavily trafficked pedestrian street. Would they have done the same in the US or Ireland in similar surroundings...likely not.

Another couple of low-life farangs who think theyre entitled to behave like animals wherever they go.

unbelievable .. such a wonderful comment, can only be made by a jealous

old guy never got any happyness in his poor live..

Jail youths for this (same dump) act in public, deport, bann... ??

This act is much better then use force, hit or knock down others in

public or violate and miss-use under aged youth, even when pay

for the "service".

Well done by the Thai justice, small delicts should get same a

small punishment or just a warning.

Despite everyone saying they're young and dumb, this is a classless crass trailer trash act and they should be sent home... they got caught red handed, so whatever happens they should just live and learn! 2000thb fine... not at all enough IMO... This is exactly what they call farang kee nok.

Little kids could be seeing this as she's suckin is cock out in broad daylight right where people walk by... I think they're acting like animals. So what if some Thais do bad things... this is just another nasty example of low quality crap tourists.

Really! This is 2016 and a bit late to resurrect victorian values. Firstly it does not look like a hugely public place like the middle of a public beach or shopping mall, more like tucked behind a wall, and secondly if someone is really still offended by sex, then a polite "please find somewhere a little more private" is all that is needed. Actually of course you could just walk on by and ignore it if you don't like it. As for the police wasting time with a large press opportunity and processing a fine, all I can say is why can't they get on with trying to solve some of the more serious crimes in Thailand. Offence is rarely something "given" rather something people choose to "receive".

You are mistaken - Refraining from s*cking c*ck in public is not a Victorian value - it is a standard norm of decency all over the world. Why should they deserve a 'polite request'? They act in a coarse way and got treated in a coarse way. They started the problem.

Seems to be a lot of imbeciles defending this farang couple.

The two were clearly in public view just off a heavily trafficked pedestrian street. Would they have done the same in the US or Ireland in similar surroundings...likely not.

Another couple of low-life farangs who think theyre entitled to behave like animals wherever they go.

It happens in the US every day...I lived in university neighborhoods in various states for many years, both attending and working for/at universities. I'm not defending it, but it's overblown. One of my female friends from South Africa would have Thai men ride up to her on their motorbikes and start masturbating in the daytime. She finally bought pepper spray. And, she eventually left the country....so, you are a little right, and very wrong at the same time

Why do not they punish the Thai moron who insult the young farang in the video.

That's right. And isn't it illegal to take videos of people in their private moments and even more illegal to post it on the Internet. And I wonder if this young girl understood that she had the right to cover her face during the press conference.

I think you are all wrong as far as I can tell big mouth is not a Thai person he sounds more like African or Pakistani never heard a Thai man with a mouth like that this gobshite is suffering from verbal diarrhea and I guess he saw someone videoing the event so he thought he was Eddie Murphy oh my what a clown he made of himself.

You judge the crime on who are they hurting....who cares....

Glad they didn't react to the prick (anyone to wager nationality?) who himselg over-reacting...he was looking for a fight....

That is probably the extent of his English abilities....

uncool in a public place but nothing compares to Thai drivers who put the public including soi dogs in danger with their driving inabilities....

Another example of low hanging stiff fruit...

CB

That is what the Thai people interpret western culture.Of course it was not the appropriate place as it was on the premises of a beach restaurant.They are bloody lucky it wasn't very late at night where some thai could have done them in, in many ways

Archived