Most overrated things in Thailand

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nightlife i.e. over priced drinks and overpriced women, never used a bum gun even though we have 2 so could not say about that.

Never use a bum gun. Damn you must have the smelliest ass in thailand you and OP are a match made in a very smelly heaven:')
I've used 'em...don't care for 'em. Plus they cannot come close to the deep clean of a wet wipe towelette, with which I have not been without for at least 30 years.

Bum guns are like an electric shaver...convenient and quick, butt NEVER as close and clean as a wet ass wipe!

Thailand has a great brand of individually wrapped ones called "Thanks". B14 for a pack of 10. 2 or 3 in your pocket and never know they're there until you need one! Then you'll be saying "Thanks"! ;-D

The nightlife i.e. over priced drinks and overpriced women, never used a bum gun even though we have 2 so could not say about that.

Never use a bum gun. Damn you must have the smelliest ass in thailand you and OP are a match made in a very smelly heaven:')

Funny how Farang has a religious awakening once he comes to Thailand. Never used a dirty bumgun before, but trying to fit in. So smelly <deleted> for the past 50 years, but now bumgun make it ok?

Hilarious.

"...but trying to fit in" cheesy.gifclap2.gif So, that's why you think foreigners use them?

Seriously? I don't know about you, but my bowel movements are always private moments with nobody around to impress.

I just love some of the things people say here --makes my morning sometimes.

I resisted the bum gun for years -- stuck in my indoctrinated belief that wiping my butt with TP was the civilized way to go. Try the gun and you'll never look back. After using one here for many years, it drives me crazy not having one when I'm back in my "developed" nation. When I finally make the permanent move back there, I'll certainly install the same or a similar setup.

Saying Canadian thai food tastes better is like saying the Italians could learn a trick or 2 from Thai pizza.

I know the threads a wind up but wiping your butt with a handful of paper in Thailand with there spicy foods will end up with a right mess so it's bum gun for me.

Funny how Farang has a religious awakening once he comes to Thailand. Never used a dirty bumgun before, but trying to fit in. So smelly <deleted> for the past 50 years, but now bumgun make it ok?

Hilarious.

"...but trying to fit in" cheesy.gifclap2.gif So, that's why you think foreigners use them?

Seriously? I don't know about you, but my bowel movements are always private moments with nobody around to impress.

I resisted the bum gun for years -- stuck in my indoctrinated belief that wiping my butt with TP was the civilized way to go. Try the gun and you'll never look back. After using one here for many years, it drives me crazy not having one when I'm back in my "developed" nation. When I finally make the permanent move back there, I'll certainly install the same or a similar setup.

There is everything in a "developed" nation including a wide range of Japanese toilets that will clean your bum if that's what you prefer.

Bum gun.... must be a fetish.

Hilarious.

There is everything in a "developed" nation including a wide range of Japanese toilets that will clean your bum if that's what you prefer.

Bum gun.... must be a fetish.

Your obsession with the topic would indicate that it is. Enjoy with my compliments.

The BG (not to be confused with the other BG) is fabulous, especially when you run the water through a heater and a bulb (like that on a spray gun) containing perfumed fabric softener. Sometimes I put starch in the bulb, but I don't want to talk about that on here.

Thai traditional dancing.

My Ex. came to Thailand for the first time about 12 years ago to visit me. She spent some years on the stage dancing in different productions....all types from Tap, Jive, Rock and Roll, Ballroom dancing etc.,

I decided to bring her to a traditional Thai dancing show, thinking she would be really impressed (as I had been), not only with the dancing but also the costumes.

After a short time of it starting I asked her what she thought about it......"Is that it she said, they're hardly moving, just twirling their fingers and stuff".

I couldn't believe what she said, but it starting me reflecting on her point and I finally came to the conclusion that she was right....a baby could do it. I realized, I thought it was great because (I suppose), that was what I was expected to see, feel and experience.

1. Food and drinks - way too much sugar and chili. All meals include large amounts of rice and noodles (boring)

2. Nightlife - drinks are overpriced, Thai's have an awful idea of how to party (stand around a table texting on phones), most clubs are either stuck up hi-so crap or tacky and full of whores.

"Thai food - awful. The way Thais do it in Canada is much better, with a lot more flavor and zest".

biggrin.png

Not really a wind-up thread is it?

A bit like our saying in the UK, "You can't beat a good British Indian curry".............................wink.png

Well, it's understandable in the UK; even the Brits prefer Indian food to their own.

Archived