Mysterious goings on - nobody dares move the shrine in the middle of the road!

webfact

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, gdgbb said:

Another absolutely brilliant idea is to read the OP, the shrine was there before the road was.

Yep, and now everyone is complaining because its in middle of the road - bit like moving next door to a  major airport and then complaining about all  noise of aircraft taking off and landing and the amount of road traffic.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 4:46 AM, Bluespunk said:

Never said I would diss the shrine.

I said that claims that doing so would lead to death is a pile of crap.

Anyone saying this will happen is talking out of their arse.

Quite so, you didn't say you would "diss" the shrine.

You said that claims of doing so would lead to death is a pile of crap, and anyone saying this will happen is talking out of their arse.

The fact is, anyone who does this is in danger of being severely beaten or killed by the local people.

Do you remember the gruesome death of the Thai who attacked the Erawan Shrine in 2006?

Do you really think someone could insult or damage any popular shrine with impunity?

If so, go to it... my offer of a bottle of Scotch still stands.

2 hours ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

Quite so, you didn't say you would "diss" the shrine.

You said that claims of doing so would lead to death is a pile of crap, and anyone saying this will happen is talking out of their arse.

The fact is, anyone who does this is in danger of being severely beaten or killed by the local people.

Do you remember the gruesome death of the Thai who attacked the Erawan Shrine in 2006?

Do you really think someone could insult or damage any popular shrine with impunity?

If so, go to it... my offer of a bottle of Scotch still stands.

Again, that is not the BS that this man was putting out.

He claimed that ''dissing'' the shrine would lead to death, implying this was due to ''supernatural forces''. That is talking out of the arse. He did not say anyone 'dissing' the shrine would be beaten by the villagers.

He also claimed that the first man who died pointed his foot at the shrine. I find that very hard to believe knowing the cultural taboos regarding such actions.

In effect I am saying this man is talking BS because he has no logical reason for moving the shrine to a saner place.

Also I reiterate, I never said I would ''diss'' the shrine.

Why would I?

I know that there would be no supernatural consequences as the mythology that surrounds Buddhism [as practiced by some in this region] is now as nonsensical as any other faith. And yes, as do other faiths, it has it bigots prepared to harm others who do not share it or commit some perceived insult. However, people have the right to believe whatever they wish and it's nothing to do with me.

However if a follower comes up with garbage that their faith has the power to harm others simply because the spirits/deities/whatever are associated with it are angry, I will call BS on that.

As to your insistence of offering me scotch, I don't drink.

39 minutes ago, kannot said:

The shrines a pile of junk..........Ill await my death today, I wont hold my breath

Currently pointing my foot at it furiously in the photo

If you do (hold your breath) long enough, your wish will be fulfilled. 

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

The only mysterious going on is, that there are enough gullible idiots in the world, to allow such a shrine to be set up, in the middle of the road!

Did I read the shrine was there before the road. 

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Did I read the shrine was there before the road. 

Okay...so the next mysterious ongoing is, building a road directly around a shrine...

Either way, it is idiotic!

Archived