Uttaradit Immigration office.

chowny77

Hello all that this affects. I just went by the building I suspected would be the new immigration office and was informed by a very polite lady that works for the university that the office should be fully open by September. The office will be located in the building next to the Rajabhat University that has the 7-11 downstairs and the IT center. I am unsure of exactly which floor it will be on but as the number of foreigners that live in this province I expect that the office will not be very big, so possibly on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I also had an interesting time talking to the Uni students who first tried to help me by using google translate and charades. Not really their fault as my Thai is still pretty poor and plus they are actually studying Chinese and not English. At the end though I got my answer and had some fun too. I will check again in about 3-4 weeks to see if there has been any progress but for anyone in the Uttaradit province that needs to go to immigration Nan is the office to go to at this time.

Cheers and I will up date if I find out anymore info.

I've always felt bad for foreigners in Uttaradit, having to take the bus 6 hours up to Nan and 6 hours back, instead of being able to use Phitsanulok immigration which is only an hour away by train.

Don't understand why they are bothering with their own immigration, just let them go to Phitsanulok

DP25, on 29 Jul 2016 - 12:35, said:DP25, on 29 Jul 2016 - 12:35, said:

I've always felt bad for foreigners in Uttaradit, having to take the bus 6 hours up to Nan and 6 hours back, instead of being able to use Phitsanulok immigration which is only an hour away by train.

Don't understand why they are bothering with their own immigration, just let them go to Phitsanulok

There has been a big change around, I believe that every province will have their own immigration office in the near future.

I agree with your opening comment although I have been doing it by car taking three hours each way for the round trip.

This is a welcome change and will help a great deal if you have a problem and have to come back home then do the trip again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Went past there again two weeks ago and went inside and asked a lady who looks like she is the manager of a small post office on the ground floor if she knew anything about the immigration office opening.

She was very helpful and made a couple of phone calls and told my wife that yes it would be there in part of a large open area outside the Post Office. Couldn't give us a date but said it is expected to be soon.

If you are standing outside looking at the front of the building you will see this entrance on the ground floor with 7-11 on its right and Chaicharoen IT Center on it's left.

DSC05952.JPG

If you walk straight in you will see this Post Office at the rear.

DSC05950.JPG

The Immigration Office will be somewhere in or attached to this area which is on your left as you walk towards the Post Office.

28976538472_424c3e5a56_b.jpg

If anyone has any queries please PM either Chowny77 or myself and we will try to help you if we can

Cheers,

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

An update today after visiting again and yes it is the correct place. Looked inside but couldn't see anyone so tried the door which wasn't locked, went inside and there is some furniture, a computer and a couple of stacks of paper. There was also some bottles of water and some food which makes it look like someone is or was there this morning. Couldn't find out when it would open by the looks of it shouldn't be very long.

DSC06890.JPG Utt 4.JPG

DSC06888.JPG Utt 2.JPG

DSC06876.JPG Utt 1.JPG

DSC06883.JPG Utt 3.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Successful Visa extension this morning at the new Uttaradit Immigration office.

Only one minor hiccup when I asked if they are going to take my photo.

The officer scratched is head then took my mug shot with his mobile then sent me on my way.

Just put the key in the ignition when the phone rang, he wanted me to come back as he'd forgotten something.

Went back and took them another 20 minutes to get the webcam to do what it was supposed to do.

All in all a pleasant experience overall.

Is this immigration only for Udit? I can't find any update on this checkpoint on the immigration webpage. I have 90km to P-lok immigration but so far I have been forced to go to Mae Sot immigration 200km away, so if i could use this office then it would be great as it's only 60km.

12 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Is this immigration only for Udit? I can't find any update on this checkpoint on the immigration webpage. I have 90km to P-lok immigration but so far I have been forced to go to Mae Sot immigration 200km away, so if i could use this office then it would be great as it's only 60km.

I believe that every province will eventually have it's own immigration office so I take it that would mean everyone that lives in Uttaradit province would have to go to this office. The Immigration office website I have found is notoriously out of date. Where do you live ?

Watch  this page and I will put further information on here in relation to the address.

I live in Sawankhalok so it's less than 1 hour away. Today we that live in Sukothai province must use Mae Sot and they are just pure nasty; we had 5 Chinese exchange students last year and they where the only students out of 200 totally (going via MOE Thailand and China) that had problems with extending their visas as we had to go to Mae Sot 4 times compared with the others that had it all could do it on their first visit to immigration, one of my friends lost his non-O (marriage) after 9 years earlier this year because the immigration messed up with his documents, they refused to extend tourist visa for my nephew and told us that you can only extend tourist visas in BKK or Pattaya and so on!  

11 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

I live in Sawankhalok so it's less than 1 hour away. Today we that live in Sukothai province must use Mae Sot and they are just pure nasty; we had 5 Chinese exchange students last year and they where the only students out of 200 totally (going via MOE Thailand and China) that had problems with extending their visas as we had to go to Mae Sot 4 times compared with the others that had it all could do it on their first visit to immigration, one of my friends lost his non-O (marriage) after 9 years earlier this year because the immigration messed up with his documents, they refused to extend tourist visa for my nephew and told us that you can only extend tourist visas in BKK or Pattaya and so on!  

Sukhothai will eventually have their own.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

It would be good to have a GPS location or a Google map with a marker to show the location so it can be added to our map of offices.

Here is a start, now I will work on a map and GPS.

Uttaradit Immigration Office.JPG

Lattitude  17°635843 N     Longtitude 100°092668 E

12 hours ago, Ron19 said:

Here is a start, now I will work on a map and GPS.

Uttaradit Immigration Office.JPG

Lattitude  17°635843 N     Longtitude 100°092668 E

Uttaradit Imigration 2.JPG

Click on the middle image (Uttaradit Rajabhat University). It will bring the map up larger.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:07 AM, Kasset Tak said:

Thanks!

I think I will try to use the Udit immigration, even if I would have to change my address to PiChai where I have a bunch of friends... I do anything to stay away from Mae Sot immigration!!! 

I believe that the Sukhothai immigration is open already.

Thank you, Ron and all others who contributed to this topic. I've now put the Uttaradit Immigration Office on my map of Thailand Immigration Offices.

I've got a question: in what Immigration region is Uttaradit? Central, North or Northeast? I'm asking because I am colour-coding the markers on my map by region.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:42 PM, Maestro said:

Thank you, Ron and all others who contributed to this topic. I've now put the Uttaradit Immigration Office on my map of Thailand Immigration Offices.

I've got a question: in what Immigration region is Uttaradit? Central, North or Northeast? I'm asking because I am colour-coding the markers on my map by region.

It is now in the central province forum.

ฅรวจคนเฃัาเมึองจังหวัคอุฅรคิฅถ์

อๅคารราซภัฎฅลาฃ่า 27 ถนน อันใจมี

ฅำบสท่าอิฐ อําเถอเมือง จังหวัดอุฅรดิฅถ์

โทร 0-5547-9993   Fax 0-5547-9994 

[email protected]

• 4 months later...
On 11/24/2016 at 4:57 PM, Ron19 said:

ฅรวจคนเฃัาเมึองจังหวัคอุฅรคิฅถ์

อๅคารราซภัฎฅลาฃ่า 27 ถนน อันใจมี

ฅำบสท่าอิฐ อําเถอเมือง จังหวัดอุฅรดิฅถ์

โทร 0-5547-9993   Fax 0-5547-9994 

[email protected]

That is nothing more than the address, which is:

Uttaradit Immigration

27 Injaimee Road

Tha it, Muang District

Uttaradit 53000

Tel: 055-479993   Fax: 055-479994

อๅคารราซภัฎฅลาฃ่า I don't know the meaning, but for the address it is not important. Might be the actual building but the mailman will know where to deliver without it.

Archived