Time for zoning - or just another day in Pattaya?

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The horror! wink.png

Yes, definitely Thailand's biggest problem. tongue.png

Meanwhile, in Chiang Mai: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/tour-guide-arrested-wearing-sandals-thai-traditional-outfit-1/

While the zoning issue in Pattaya raises a few concerns, it appears to fade into insignificance alongside the antics of this tour guide. I was shocked to read she just got off with a warning.

Note for clarity, extreme sarcasm intended.....................rolleyes.gif

zoning? I thought it was already zoned. There is Pattaya and there is the rest of Thailand.giggle.gif

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

There is Pattaya Beach ROAD and all the Sois off Beach Road with Walking Street on the South end of Beach Road the part people with common sense NEVER go, and there is Pattaya. As for people with common sense and their HOME location their mailing address is not even Pattaya. The further away the better. I.e. Sriracha, not meaning the City itself but its outlaying county areas with Sriracha mailing address which can be 25-km from Pattaya and even 35-Km from the city Sriracha itself.

Unfortunately Thai authorities 24/7/365/366 on Leap year consistently show they are NEVER able and/or capable to do their job for which they are elected or assigned by their elected cronies. This is not only in Pattaya, but in some sort of lesser form Thailand wide.

As a foreigner ( farang) the best way is to have your residence in an home complex (Thai Law allows 49% foreign owned) that has a mixture of foreigners. I.e. the complex I have my HOME has 112 Homes 49% of which are foreign owned and occupied the remainder 51% are a mixture of foreign companies (do not fall under the 49%) and local Thais. The foreigners seem to be workaholics going to work early in the morning come home late evening/night only time you may see them is on Sunday. As for the Thai (having money) owned, they are predominantly rented to foreigners.

Learned my lesson:

Have lived among the Thais and they have their own way (not very compatible with foreigner's way) so decided 25-years ago to make the move. So far so good.

I think that a suggestion earlier to put some sort of fence/screen or similar across each end of Soi 6 is the best idea.

Then no 'casual' wondering down the soi will occur.

You enter the soi knowing exactly what you will see & no families and children will ever see what goes on in this soi.

Therefore nobody will be offended & the denziens of the area can get on with their business without prying eyes.

This is a Lady-Boy, not a girl!..... Soi 6 is a growing place for Lady-Boys, and that's OK. If that is your choice, then by all means go there and try. But Lady-Boys should be told to get off the streets, and operate in Lady Boy areas such as Soi 6, and clubs around Pattaya and Walking Street. Lady-Boys should NOT be allowed to operate on the beach areas. If a person wishes to link with a Lady-Boy then they know where to go to find them. But it should NOT be the beach areas!

And you can see it is a ladyboy without seeing the face or even the front from what? Her elbows?

You must be a real ladyboy expert.

This is a Lady-Boy, not a girl!..... Soi 6 is a growing place for Lady-Boys, and that's OK. If that is your choice, then by all means go there and try. But Lady-Boys should be told to get off the streets, and operate in Lady Boy areas such as Soi 6, and clubs around Pattaya and Walking Street. Lady-Boys should NOT be allowed to operate on the beach areas. If a person wishes to link with a Lady-Boy then they know where to go to find them. But it should NOT be the beach areas!

And you can see it is a ladyboy without seeing the face or even the front from what? Her elbows?

dont necessarily have to be an expert to know that thai girls dont have the balls to go out on the street in a G-string.

dont necessarily have to be an expert to know that thai girls dont have the balls to go out on the street in a G-string.

Some of the ladyboys no longer have the balls either

What I don't get is the censorship of this video. Only the other day we were shown uncensored a motorcyclist being hit at high speed by a car. But this video with a girl showing a perhaps too much (depends on your pov) of her natural body and it is all smudged out. Double standards.

only lady-boys? Do i detect a certain prejudice here?

Absolutely...... get rid all the katoeys and see the crime rate drop dramatically thumbsup.gif

What I don't get is the censorship of this video. Only the other day we were shown uncensored a motorcyclist being hit at high speed by a car. But this video with a girl showing a perhaps too much (depends on your pov) of her natural body and it is all smudged out. Double standards.

I agree. Its time there was a complete crackdown on "blurring" on Thai media. They could do it alongside all the other crackdowns (that they havnt forgotten about yet).whistling.gif

only lady-boys? Do i detect a certain prejudice here?

Absolutely...... get rid all the katoeys and see the crime rate drop dramatically thumbsup.gif

Get rid of all the street walking ones. right away.

Throw them in jail for a year or two, just for good measure. thumbsup.gif

Nasty violent scum of Pattaya.

The ones in bars, i have no problem with that. wai2.gif

The high tone of this thread is clearly heading for the stratosphere.....

I wouldn't fret about it too much. the local administration has been given the word that they must drive out these type of venues as the powers that be do not like nor do they need it. The Pattaya focus is on Chinese tourists and middle class Thais who come for the weekends or holidays and neither will become patrons of the current entertainment on Soi 6 or walking street. Both of these areas will start to go out of business as customers cease to come and the government keeps raiding them. Pattaya will always have its areas of sin but they will be much diminished and become mostly invisible to the casual visitor.

Nonsense.. Its either Tik (IIRC) from toy box or its the other one that looks a bit like her in night wish.. Without the face shot I cant be sure.

The standard.. Thats not a women.. Thrown out by guys who are not there and seem to need their eyes and radar recalibrated.. Gives them something to post I guess.

when did you last walk down 6 ??

flashed nudity as a sales pitch, is routine.

when did you last walk down 6 ??

flashed nudity as a sales pitch, is routine.

yea was just a joke.

Pattaya is what Pattaya is and has been for many, many years. It is part of Thailands wild side and as such it does a good job of it. Like 1920's Shanghai it attracts a certain sort of person looking for a certain kind of entertainment and all the things that go with that. Sex, drugs and lots of muggings is the order of the day and if you go there then that is what you expect.

girl ?

the weird thing is that lots of the "girls" that come to pattaya to work would have their family think they are just supporting tourism but is it some sort of denial system ?

The families know full well what the girls are doing and fully support it.

They are indeed and, Smedly, I can't believe you're even asking that question about denial, as it seems you've been living in Thailand for quite a while already. A bit like asking if som tam really exists around here ...

And while we're talking about hypocrisy ... when I read comments that go on about the alleged ill-effect on 'impressionnable young children', I can't help but wonder why people care so much about how traumatized a kid might be after seeing a lady's (or whatever) buttocks in the streets, while the effect on their brains of video war games, noxious apps, idiotic Facebook activity and generally being caught up in their mobile phone's screen most of the time doesn't seem to cause much alarm.

When you watch your kids slowly but surely frying their brains so that a few big companies can makes billions, how relevant is it to worry about them discovering that yes, sex exists. After all, it's what brought them on this planet.

girl ?

the weird thing is that lots of the "girls" that come to pattaya to work would have their family think they are just supporting tourism but is it some sort of denial system ?

The families know full well what the girls are doing and fully support it.

How could you possibly know what all the families know and support??

Archived