New 2016 Toyota Fortuner VS Ford Everest

Who can offer insight on these two vehicles.

We are looking at the new Toyota Fortuner 2.8V 4x4 AT and the Ford Everest Titanium+ 3.2 4x4 AT

It appears the ford has several additional features over the toyota. Adaptive cruise control, lane keeping, blind spot indicator, noise cancelling interior, self parking etc.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, the ford is also bigger. Perhaps new models will be here by next year but who knows? Only other issue is service. Not exactly seller with the ford brand in Thailand as evident...

new models of what, the Everest and Fortuner? I doubt it.

Yep, the ford is also bigger. Perhaps new models will be here by next year but who knows? Only other issue is service. Not exactly seller with the ford brand in Thailand as evident...

Everest.

Everest.

So you reckon 2 years into the model life Ford will do a new one ?

hahahahahha you funny.

Got my Ford Everest Titanium+ 3.2 4x4 AT , very happy with the choice I made.

The "self parking" feature is pretty cool, so is the "lane keeping".

Very thirsty engine though :)

As far as I am concerned the Fortuner is just a modified pick-up truck,  I sat in one before buying my CRV when the Fortuner first came out, just like sitting in a sedan, a bit cramped space for me, the CRV offered a much better sitting position as does the Everest with much more space for the legs. The Everest is also designed from start to be what it is, nobody's taken a pick-up chassis and re-designed it to be a SUV.

The Everest is also a brand new model released this year while the Fortuner is the same old design dating back 10 years or so....

I have a 2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2L and my wife drives a Ford Fiesta.  We have been getting excellent service at our Ford Dealer in Prathum Tani.  It's a new dealer with excellent equipment and a friendly staff.  We are happy with our dealer and with our vehicles.

Note that Ford has been opening a lot of new dealerships and selling a lot of vehicles.

The Everest recently got a good write up in the Bangkok Post auto section.

Good luck

23 hours ago, mbkk said:

Got my Ford Everest Titanium+ 3.2 4x4 AT , very happy with the choice I made.

The "self parking" feature is pretty cool, so is the "lane keeping".

Very thirsty engine though :)

Very thirsty in BK traffic...just refilled and reset computer fuel consumption ...about 15kms in short runs and traffic  16.9L/100 Km..

You can see all of my 9000Km plus fuel consumption figures on fuelly.com including comments.

But 'hey' I don't do a huge 'milage' had it since last November ... anyway it drives really nice ...

20 hours ago, schweizer said:

I am looking at the Everest with interest but as far as I can see it does not have GPS Navigation built in, odd considering all the other technology it includes,

Yes ... no built in gps ... I'm now happy using 'google maps' BUT where to hold my phone. I have marked the dashboard with the phone holder for car cam ...I now have a car cam on the mirror ... 

Am awaiting a reasonably priced 3rd party 'upgrade' to the 'in car' unit to enable me to connect 'maps' to it ...

14 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

We own a 2016 Fortuner and like it very much. It is comfortable, the gas mileage isn't bad and with the third seat it can haul a number of people, although you will never find me in that third seat.

I also have the 2016 Fortuner and agree that's is very comfortable. Compared to my old CRV, the mileage is amazing, I average 8.3l/100km. 

18 hours ago, donmuang37 said:

I have a 2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2L and my wife drives a Ford Fiesta.  We have been getting excellent service at our Ford Dealer in Prathum Tani.  It's a new dealer with excellent equipment and a friendly staff.  We are happy with our dealer and with our vehicles.

Note that Ford has been opening a lot of new dealerships and selling a lot of vehicles.

The Everest recently got a good write up in the Bangkok Post auto section.

Good luck

My daughter has the 2015 Wildtrack with a 2.2l engine and also a slightly older Ford Fiesta - her dealership experiences with the local dealer have been less than happy.

She had a replacement battery fail on the Fiesta after less than 12 months, the dealer said it was because she didn't use the car enough.

Then the battery failed on the Wldtrack, again it was less than 12 months old, this time the dealer said it was because she used the truck too much.

Apparently Ford use the Goldilocks brand of car battery. 

On 8/9/2016 at 0:15 PM, KhunTao said:

I saw a message pop up on my Facebook time line that said that sync 3 is now available on the Everest ...

I have not yet had the time to check at my local dealership ... Anyone with more information?

Sync3 available for the 2.2+; I would assume it would be the case for the 3.2+ too...  Nothing on the Ford TH site though.  I would think Sync3 would make an appearance next year judging by delivery times for the EVT+.  Got mine a couple of weeks ago after a 7 month wait, and with Sync2, which is very good regardless of the update. 

Ford Everest spec 2.2L Titanium+4x2 AT.jpg

On Monday, August 01, 2016 at 7:46 PM, AlQaholic said:

As far as I am concerned the Fortuner is just a modified pick-up truck,  I sat in one before buying my CRV when the Fortuner first came out, just like sitting in a sedan, a bit cramped space for me, the CRV offered a much better sitting position as does the Everest with much more space for the legs. The Everest is also designed from start to be what it is, nobody's taken a pick-up chassis and re-designed it to be a SUV.

The Everest is also a brand new model released this year while the Fortuner is the same old design dating back 10 years or so....

I hope your previous  1,320 odd posts were more informed than this one. The current Fortuner is about one year old, not 10.

The reality is that Thais prefer Toyota to Ford. Toyotas maintain their value better than Ford.

a question to happy Everest owners: does its audio system allow rear-front speaker re-balancing, i.e. mute front speakers so parents can talk,  and jack up rear speakers so kids can enjoy Thomas the Tank engine audiobooks? 

Cheers. 

17 hours ago, mangrovevens said:

Sync3 available for the 2.2+; I would assume it would be the case for the 3.2+ too...  Nothing on the Ford TH site though.  I would think Sync3 would make an appearance next year judging by delivery times for the EVT+.  Got mine a couple of weeks ago after a 7 month wait, and with Sync2, which is very good regardless of the update. 

Ford Everest spec 2.2L Titanium+4x2 AT.jpg

Reason they brought out the 2.2 Titanium+ is because of the lack of 3.2 litre engines available.

On 8/14/2016 at 0:45 AM, andreww said:

a question to happy Everest owners: does its audio system allow rear-front speaker re-balancing, i.e. mute front speakers so parents can talk,  and jack up rear speakers so kids can enjoy Thomas the Tank engine audiobooks? 

Cheers. 

Yes, you set this on the Sync2 screen under Settings>Sound.  Geronimo Stilton is playing on our one; possibly the most annoying mouse ever.

Archived