New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

Please keep all site feedback and issues in this forum so we can address them. Please provide as much information as possible and screenshots where necessary.

And please keep the feedback constructive, after 36 hours the TD is tired.

Regards

TD

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Eclipse. It just doesn't work very well, and when I tried to post something on a different forum it didn't work, despite taking waaaaaaay longer to process before telling me there was a fatal error.

What is this obsession with "upgrading" when the "upgrade" is usually just confusing and doesn't work any better ( and in this case worse ) than before. Lonely Planet forum did an "upgrade" and their Thailand site lost loads of users from which it never recovered.

Not writing any more as this may not post and don't want to waste even more time.

As unfortunately we were a forum without support, so when all the errors and security concerns have started to arise we could not do anything about them. Our service provider insisted we upgraded as we were well behind in software versions.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree with Eclipse. It just doesn't work very well, and when I tried to post something on a different forum it didn't work, despite taking waaaaaaay longer to process before telling me there was a fatal error.

What is this obsession with "upgrading" when the "upgrade" is usually just confusing and doesn't work any better ( and in this case worse ) than before. Lonely Planet forum did an "upgrade" and their Thailand site lost loads of users from which it never recovered.

Not writing any more as this may not post and don't want to waste even more time.

As he said keep the comments constructive or don't bother. Refraining from posting if you have nothing to add is actually ideal at this point.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

double post.

1 minute ago, anotheruser said:

He is obviously working out bugs. Oh dear calm down while they smooth things out. I like already you can see reps in the name. Give them a bit of time as was said this is a needed upgrade.

My thoughts exactly.

It's going to be a couple of weeks before all the bugs are fixed, and today - the first day it's back up - there will be all sorts of problems.

So if you don't like it today, come back tomorrow.  :)

I notice that there is Thai script in the date information above each post. I thought this was an English language forum. Please rectify that.

If we can't reply to the news threads there is little point in coming on here. I know you are working on it, but sooner than later would be appreciated.

The new alerts also for when you just quoted my post are really slick. Also load times have just got much faster in my end in Bangkok. I don't like the look but that is a common thing anytime a forum changes. If they could add a merge posts feature I would love it.

Just using the site more load times seem to be much quicker for me now than the old site was. I think this is going to be quite a nice upgrade in the long run. 

Okay load speeds are sporadic which is to be expected but when it is loading properly it is lightning fast.

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I notice that there is Thai script in the date information above each post. I thought this was an English language forum. Please rectify that.

If we can't reply to the news threads there is little point in coming on here. I know you are working on it, but sooner than later would be appreciated.

Christ almighty I would hate to work for you. Why don't you just chill? You aren't paying him to do this, the site is free and there is a world outside you can enjoy for a little while. You said you wouldn't bother posting earlier, why not put this strategy into practice for awhile?

Archived