• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi

Notifications have been changed.

Thanks for the feedback. 

TD

Love your number of posts (Though still have nightmares about dealing with -2,147,483,647 errors)!!!

On a serious note, should Tapatalk be working now? (I'm still getting the 48 hour Forum Maintenance Message).

Cheers

JB

The layout seemed to have moved to responsible, which is good. Now the problem with oversized photos don't seem to require horizontal scrolling. 

As the theme is still being constructed, couple thoughts.

• Colours could have more contrast. 
  • User panel on the left, could be more compressed and use smaller font
  • General layout compressing, moving Like button to the same row as + Quote is, when using less than 800px page width

Too much white space. That means more scrolling, more eye movement, and the page is uncomfortably bright.

More white space has been the trend in webpage design for a couple of years. I guess user-friendliness is not considered as important as being a slave to fashion.

16 minutes ago, JB300 said:

Love your number of posts (Though still have nightmares about dealing with -2,147,483,647 errors)!!!

On a serious note, should Tapatalk be working now? (I'm still getting the 48 hour Forum Maintenance Message).

Cheers

JB

Hi JB

tapatalk will be disabled until the indexes are rebuilt. I tried enabling it earlier which was also a contribution of it falling over. 

As soon as we can I'll get it back working.  

TD

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In the old system, when I clicked on a different forum the one I was no longer looking at closed. Now they are all staying open. If I spend 4 hours on TV and look at 80 different sites that is going to be a lot of open pages.

That is a setting that can easily be changed. It is really no big deal.

One more request: Please add an ability to save the Custom sort option (it's possibly to filter out topics without replies in 7 days) . I personally wish to hide all the pinned topics, which are now taking a full page on for example Phuket forum. 

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

where is new content button, only thing that made the old forum navigable.

I think that this is performed by the Unread Content button at the top right of the page (well, 1 inch down), which brings up a timeline of new posts.

The white background is hurting my eyes. But the biggest drawback is the app not working. The Thaivisa android app was so, so user friendly. I could post so fast. I could surf the whole database, each thread, the timeline, the joy, oh I miss the app so. Pls, pls update the app TD. I want my app back.

46 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

The white background is hurting my eyes. But the biggest drawback is the app not working. The Thaivisa android app was so, so user friendly. I could post so fast. I could surf the whole database, each thread, the timeline, the joy, oh I miss the app so. Pls, pls update the app TD. I want my app back.

+1 

It will be a big loss to TV if you don't fix it , the traffic to your site will go down . 

57 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I agree the new forum is too bright. If an option to change themes could be made available to the end user that would be brilliant. The current forum is harsh on the eyes.

45 minutes ago, balo said:

+1 

It will be a big loss to TV if you don't fix it , the traffic to your site will go down . 

16 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Agree with others about the white background, may get easier on the eye after a few days.

Try "Flux": https://justgetflux.com/faq.html 

I've been using it since 2011.

extremely confusing so far. I don't like that I can not properly see the "new posts since your last visit". I want that per topic and not per post. The old version was far better. But maybe TV wants to wipe out the remaining Laptop-/Computer users and go mobile version only ? Hmmmmm..... 

PLEASE can we have the "BBCode" mode button back?

It used to be top left of the reply box icons.

Basically, I don't like - and rarely used - the WYSIWYG editor. I'd rather see the [ quote ], etc BBCodes as it makes editing much more precise and configurable.

5 hours ago, taotoo said:

UC Browser / Android. Thread titles wrap each letter on to new line.

2016-08-01--18_43_27.jpg

Just an update on this, it now appears to be wrapping on each word rather than each letter. Would be great if it could manage a few words per line.

2016-08-02--00_10_41.jpg

On first viewing I think I quite like the new format. On my PC just now and my Android app isn't working so I'll reserve judgement until it is back up and running. Checked my profile and I have to say I am a little disappointed that my date of birth is in the M/D/Y format when the majority of the world use the D/M/Y format.

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

extremely confusing so far. I don't like that I can not properly see the "new posts since your last visit". I want that per topic and not per post. The old version was far better. But maybe TV wants to wipe out the remaining Laptop-/Computer users and go mobile version only ? Hmmmmm..... 

This!!! What happened to New posts since last visit ?  You can't seriously mean we have to click on Activity , then activity streams and New activity ? It's not the same function and I have to click 3 times. Maybe you do not want Windows users anymore?

As long as my Android app for the tablet works as before I will continue to log in but the website is a complete mess now .

The design is nice but I don't care.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to me is I want to do exactly as before, and click to see New Posts of threads I have participated with ONE CLICK from the main page.

I see now I can see UNREAD CONTENT but I see EVERYTHING ... 

That's OK but that other thing was HUGE for the way I used the forum. 

Is this coming back or not?

If not, I'll have a real learning curve to understand how to use this forum as before. 

6 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

PLEASE can we have the "BBCode" mode button back?

It used to be top left of the reply box icons.

Basically, I don't like - and rarely used - the WYSIWYG editor. I'd rather see the [ quote ], etc BBCodes as it makes editing much more precise and configurable.

+1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

The Merkel days of terror topic brings up a phishing site alert and my Kaspersky is blocking access to it. Other topics open normally

You mean this one ?

I scanned through the whole topic (4 pages) and didn't get any warnings.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The design is nice but I don't care.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to me is I want to do exactly as before, and click to see New Posts of threads I have participated with ONE CLICK from the main page.

I see now I can see UNREAD CONTENT but I see EVERYTHING ... 

That's OK but that other thing was HUGE for the way I used the forum. 

Is this coming back or not?

If not, I'll have a real learning curve to understand how to use this forum as before. 

JT,

try this.

Hold the Mouse on your User Name and after a (second or so) wait, you will see, "Find Content"

findcontent.JPG

But at the moment it will only show the newest content you have participated in.

Hope this helps

Archived