New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

JT,

try this.

Hold the Mouse on your User Name and after a (second or so) wait, you will see, "Find Content"

findcontent.JPG

But at the moment it will only show the newest content you have participated in.

Hope this helps

Can also try and see if the link below brings up what is wanted:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/discover/content-posted/?&stream_unread_links=1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The design is nice but I don't care.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to me is I want to do exactly as before, and click to see New Posts of threads I have participated with ONE CLICK from the main page.

I see now I can see UNREAD CONTENT but I see EVERYTHING ... 

That's OK but that other thing was HUGE for the way I used the forum. 

Is this coming back or not?

If not, I'll have a real learning curve to understand how to use this forum as before. 

JT,

found a solution for you, however at the moment (as indexing isn't complete)  it doesn't show any topics yet

Click

More- Activity - My Activity Streams - Unread Content

Click on Ownership
Select - Content I have Posted in

Click  Save as New Stream
Name it "My Unread Content" (or whatever you like)

Now it will be available under
More- Activity - My Activity Streams - "My Unread Content"

Hope this helps

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

JT,

found a solution for you, however at the moment (as indexing isn't complete)  it doesn't show any topics yet

Click

More- Activity - My Activity Streams - Unread Content

Click on Ownership
Select - Content I have Posted in

Click  Save as New Stream
Name it "My Unread Content" (or whatever you like)

Now it will be available under
More- Activity - My Activity Streams - "My Unread Content"

Hope this helps

Also change Read Status so that it takes you to the right page (though not sure it works?).

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

This new format is terrible.  It now contains massive amounts of white space.  Things are spread out much more instead of succinctly and compactly displayed.  Looks as bad as the latest changes Yahoo made.  Very poor design

Agree, at the moment the whole new format is a headache. But this is just hours after the new format was implemented. I shall wait and see. From the first hour to now the new format has been improving. Everyone at TV is concerned. I saw even George was online Yesterday. Be patient is my advice. I love TV and wish them every success in solving this new formats initial teathing problems. The other options for expat forums in Thailand are imo terrible. Support TV. Without it, many expats will have lost a great social media community.

As they say in Thailand "Su, Su, Thaivisa"

15 minutes ago, taotoo said:

Also change Read Status so that it takes you to the right page (though not sure it works?).

AFAIK, when you click "Content I have posted in" it defaults to Unread, but worth checking.

And another handy tip, if you click Save as Default stream, it puts it under your Username next to "Mark site as read" for you "convenience"

I think I am now settled in, I have found workarounds for my old forum habits. I like some of the new features. 

I wish they would have taken the opportunity to get a more professional logo and abandoned the horrible bright yellow and navy blue company colors.

But the site is much improved regardless IMO. 

^ +1

What I like is the enhanced features (when they work ;) ) for example you can have an RSS Feed of for example the Visa section.

So you don't even have to be on TV to see what is new, it comes directly to your "Live Bookmarks" in your Browser

Example

tvrss.JPG

I am having problems posting and replying to threads via Android on my Samsung S7 and Sony Pad which I never had before. 99 times out of 100 I get a box open to attach files but nowhere to actually type a message? Very, very occasionally, I will get the box to type a reply. No idea what is going on or why?

Could all the 3+ concurrently running Threads, about the New Site (problems/feedback etc) , be merged?  I see various similar questions popping up between them, otherwise some cross-thread Posts are sure to proliferate

thanks Mod

3 minutes ago, i claudius said:

When i try to log into Thai Visa on my android a message comes up ,you are not logged in or do not have permision to do this action , then back to my screen . nothing .

The TV apps (IOS/Android) aren't working at the moment. It could take a while before they do.

Edit: See here:

19 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The TV apps (IOS/Android) aren't working at the moment. It could take a while before they do.

Ok thanks for that ,

ps dont like the new format much ,in fact dont like it at all :thumbsup: its to bright .

29 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Yes. There is a small arrow next to your name at the top right, click it and at the bottom of the drop down is sign out.

29 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

TD

Unfortunately my name is not displayed: Chrome (Version 52.0.2743.82 m) /Windows 10.

Sorted, ad blocker was eliminating that top border.

I do like the new UI, seems very fast.

Archived