New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

2 hours ago, Ronuk said:

I am having problems posting and replying to threads via Android on my Samsung S7 and Sony Pad which I never had before. 99 times out of 100 I get a box open to attach files but nowhere to actually type a message? Very, very occasionally, I will get the box to type a reply. No idea what is going on or why?

Android support will be functional shortly.  Sorry for the delay.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Totally unusable. Almost impossible to connect.

Don't know why you did not leave things alone. these downgrades never go well.

Never have done.

It wasn't an option to just leave it alone unfortunately, the old system was unstable and outdated.

This upgrade is about three years overdue.

I posted in another thread but us sticking with the old forum would be like someone still trying to use Windows 95 or Android 1 today.

I'll maybe PM a mod about this to try and see what the problem is but, while I like the new site I seem to be getting bombarded with emails post updates now from numerous sections of the forum.  Previously I got none as everything was turned off but a couple of days ago I got about 35.  I've revisited and unchecked everything but I'm still getting them.  Just not so many.

Previously I had a similar issue with the old site but that was down to Tapatalk,  Apparently I had two user profiles, one on Tapatalk and one here.  It was the Tapatalk profile that was getting emails.  Linda sorted that out last time and I think deleted that user profile.  I did notice that at the moment Tapatalk and TV don't seem to be playing well together.  I keep getting log-in boxes popping up so I'm just hoping Tapatalk hasn't recreated the old profile.

I'm sure some yahoo email address I used years ago has about 10 million unread messages!!!

My feeling is this forum is owned by ThaiVisa, and that last forum was run through another company.  The other company is really good, but pricey.....this is definitely good enough and should allow TV to send me some monthly checks for my great posts!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I'll maybe PM a mod about this to try and see what the problem is but, while I like the new site I seem to be getting bombarded with emails post updates now from numerous sections of the forum.  Previously I got none as everything was turned off but a couple of days ago I got about 35.  I've revisited and unchecked everything but I'm still getting them.  Just not so many.

Previously I had a similar issue with the old site but that was down to Tapatalk,  Apparently I had two user profiles, one on Tapatalk and one here.  It was the Tapatalk profile that was getting emails.  Linda sorted that out last time and I think deleted that user profile.  I did notice that at the moment Tapatalk and TV don't seem to be playing well together.  I keep getting log-in boxes popping up so I'm just hoping Tapatalk hasn't recreated the old profile.

Think I've found it.  Didn't check it before as I didn't expect it to happen but it seems when the site re-booted and re-made all the links it turned on 'Receive email notifications' for the sub forums I followed whereas I'd turned them off when I selected 'Follow' on the old site.

1) I can't see 'Remove formating' button on the editor

2) There don't seem to be 'Cancel' button either.

Spoiler

Therefore I now have to post this as it became while I was looking at the editor capabilities. 

Should be the T with the x under neath it.

That' doesn't work for -code- and -quote- parts. At least for me it's impossible to select the quoted parts / all the post content. 

1 minute ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi,  @MJCM No its was replaced by the CKEditor, the I am writing custom ckeditor buttons for the newsteam? anything else missing that was using bbcodes?

Not really, but I loved that feature as it was easy to clean up Mixed quotes etc, gave me more control

Just now, MJCM said:

Not really, but I loved that feature as it was easy to clean up Mixed quotes etc, gave me more control

We found the forum member who uses Shell / Command line regularly :D

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

That' doesn't work for -code- and -quote- parts. At least for me it's impossible to select the quoted parts / all the post content. 

Can you try this ?

Hover with your mouse on the Top Left of the Quote and a cross appears. When that cross appears click it and then press delete

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

Can you try this ?

Hover with your mouse on the Top Left of the Quote and a cross appears. When that cross appears click it and then press delete

Tested and it works. Much better, but it removes the whole block with text as well. 

Should we have another thread for testing various things, like inserting oversized images, videos, code etc and then post results to this thread? 

When I'm in my Find Content area, then click Topics, then use the various Sort By options the sort does not show all my recent threads.   Like i may have posted to a topics a few minutes ago and that topic should be right at the top of my list, but its no where to be seen on the first page, on second, etc.....  And a bunch of other threads I very recently posted to should be somewhere on the first page but they are not.

Now "some" topics I very recently posted in are indeed sorted at the top, but others are just not to be found at least on the first couple of pages....probably on page XXX lumped in with threads from many weeks, months or years ago.    The sort functions are not working properly.

Is this due to the continuing indexing in process?  If so, how many more hours or days do you estimate before the indexing is complete and the sort functions will work properly?   Thanks.

Hi Pib,

Yes its indexing issues, as we have a large forum and we cannot push the indexing during the day then it will be around 5-7 days before full functionality is restored, we are trying our best to get everything back online and stable.

TD

Thank you Tech Doctor for all the great job you do.

I am familiar with this layout because it's the same as the French Forum but I miss some features in the "Response Box" like colour  and size of the font, some smiley etc (and I mis them on the French Forum too ;)).

We will keep on meeting some bugs until the update is finished and we have to be patient. If it was so easy to update a site, everyone would do it!

:clap2:

Archived