New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do all pages in a topic open in the same tab?

I deliberately make all my links open in new tabs so I can go back and forth quickly. This is a function of the Firefox browser to make life easier.

By reloading pages into the current tab, browsing is now slower and requires reloading the pages from the Thaivisa web site instead of being stored on my PC.

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

JT,

try this.

Hold the Mouse on your User Name and after a (second or so) wait, you will see, "Find Content"

findcontent.JPG

But at the moment it will only show the newest content you have participated in.

Hope this helps

Thanks.

This does not work for me.

Will it later?
I'm really getting annoyed now (not at you, at the "functionality" of the new design which seems to leave out the MOST IMPORTANT function there is, at least for active posters.

Are we going to get the same functionality as before OR NOT? 
Can someone in authority please answer. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks.

This does not work for me.

Will it later?
I'm really getting annoyed now (not at you, at the "functionality" of the new design which seems to leave out the MOST IMPORTANT function there is, at least for active posters.

Are we going to get the same functionality as before OR NOT? 
Can someone in authority please answer. 

There's a mistake in the instructions, JT. Hover your mouse over your Avatar, not your name.

Give it a go!

Edit:

Actually, your name on the left next to your post works, too.

But hovering only over the Avatar works at the top of the page, not over your name.

Fun, isn't it? default_biggrin.png

2 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

There's a mistake in the instructions, JT. Hover your mouse over your Avatar, not your name.

Give it a go!

OK, thanks.

Yes, it works!

I guess that will work for me.

Perhaps I'll learn to prefer it after I get over my grumbling about such big changes!

I think the site could do a better job with COMMUNICATING about the transition. 

Wait a second!!!

That isn't the SAME functionality as before at all, is it?

With find content you see ALL your content, which for me, is a LOT.

The old function from the front page you could EASILY see all the threads you posted to that had NEW content.

Can I have that NOW?

If not, LATER?
Still very annoyed. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK, thanks.

Yes, it works!

I guess that will work for me.

Perhaps I'll learn to prefer it after I get over my grumbling about such big changes!

<snip>

I'm still grumbling about loss of "BBCode Mode" in the reply box. default_mad.gif

And nested quotes. default_mad.gif

And, oh never mind default_biggrin.png

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wait a second!!!

The old function from the front page you could EASILY see all the threads you posted to that had NEW content.

Can I have that NOW?

If not, LATER?
Still very annoyed. 

Yes, you're right! I knew there was something missing but couldn't put my finger on it. I too want to see only the topics I have posted in where someone has replied, not all of my posts.

Tech Doc? Are you aware?  default_smile.png

If we don't get that old functionality back, then this "upgrade" in my opinion is HORRIBLE. 

Form over function.

We need FUNCTION.

So those in authority, please publicize BIG TIME how we can get that functionality now (if it exists), say that it is coming later and hopefully soon and then how to do it, OR tell the truth and say it's gone.

Board people ... you must realize that function on the old design was used MASSIVELY? Right? 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We need FUNCTION.

[...]

that function on the old design was used MASSIVELY? Right? 

Chief Content Creator JT, Thanks for your input! What function are you specifically referring to?

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wait a second!!!

Can I have that NOW?

If not, LATER?
Still very annoyed. 

OK, I may be on the track of this...

After clicking on "Find Content" (mouse hover over avatar), click on "View New Content" at top right of the page. Then there's loads of things you can configure to get only the topics where you have posted and that have new posts.

I don't know yet whether it stays configured that way. But it's a start...

Check "Ownership" and set to "Content I have posted in".

It doesn't appear to remember the setting though...

@JetsetBkk

Try this (However it might not show any topics because the Indexing isn't finished)

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

JT,

found a solution for you, however at the moment (as indexing isn't complete)  it doesn't show any topics yet

Click

More- Activity - My Activity Streams - Unread Content

Click on Ownership
Select - Content I have Posted in

Click  Save as New Stream
Name it "My Unread Content" (or whatever you like)

Now it will be available under
More- Activity - My Activity Streams - "My Unread Content"

Hope this helps

3 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Bloomin' excellent! Worthy of multiple "likes"!

And another handy tip, if you click Save as Default stream, it puts it under your Username next to "Mark site as read" for you "convenience"

8 minutes ago, MJCM said:

And another handy tip, if you click Save as Default stream, it puts it under your Username next to "Mark site as read" for you "convenience"

And one more you can save the streams you create as RSS so you don't even have to open TV to keep up to date;)

What is "global_global_core.js.7d16634dc061f04fbd3693f17d4a5ea1.js.gz"?

That file keeps coming down, eg. when I click on "Find Content" on the "avatar mouse-over pop-up".

I think Tech Doc needs to answer this one! default_biggrin.png

10 hours ago, MJCM said:

JT,

found a solution for you, however at the moment (as indexing isn't complete)  it doesn't show any topics yet

Click

More- Activity - My Activity Streams - Unread Content

Click on Ownership
Select - Content I have Posted in

Click  Save as New Stream
Name it "My Unread Content" (or whatever you like)

Now it will be available under
More- Activity - My Activity Streams - "My Unread Content"

Hope this helps

49 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I haven't been able to recreate what you said about saving as "Default stream". But I did save it as a named stream "My Stuff" and saved the bookmark to it. I can now use that bookmark just like the old system's "My Content".

Can you check what you said about saving the stream (with "Ownership" set to "Content I have posted in") as the Default?
I can't find a "Save as Default" button.
I clicked on "Save as New Stream" which came up with "View New Content" as the name, but clicking on "Create Stream" didn't appear to do anything and the "View New Content" link still produced a list of everything, not just threads I posted in.

Archived