New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

A Quick Update

rss feeds are now back, the links have changed for example http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/178-hua-hin-cha-am-news/ becomes

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/178-hua-hin-cha-am-news.xml replace the forum url with a xml on the end.

Indexing is 50% complete on messages 15% complete on posts.

TD

11 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

@MJCM - custom streams are down to post indexing and message indexing.

You can create a custom stream using admin / menu ..

For everyone to use built into the menu bar as a default :-

As you can see its set as "New Content"

Screenshot at Aug 04 06-04-52.png

When you click on it and after the page refreshes you can see the path it takes in "Activity"

Screenshot at Aug 04 06-05-14.png

Now it only shows member new post to that thread or new threads..

Screenshot at Aug 04 06-05-40.png

Just now, Jip99 said:

After 3 days the design has grown on me and I am finding it user-friendly.

Yes the new forum software works very well and i'm running it on two forums.

Everyone at first didn't like it but no one likes change but after a few weeks everyone has found there feet again..

On 2 August 2016 at 7:01 AM, MJCM said:

JT,

found a solution for you, however at the moment (as indexing isn't complete)  it doesn't show any topics yet

Click

More- Activity - My Activity Streams - Unread Content

Click on Ownership
Select - Content I have Posted in

Click  Save as New Stream
Name it "My Unread Content" (or whatever you like)

Now it will be available under
More- Activity - My Activity Streams - "My Unread Content"

Hope this helps

Just wanting to check:

Is the filter defined by @MJCM displaying anything for any user yet?

I do realise that the indexing is still on going, but the warning says the stream results may be incomplete, which implies some results will be displayed if that portion of the indexing task is complete.

6 minutes ago, blackcab said:

When I click on a thread I have already viewed I get taken to page 1 of the thread. I am logged in.

The thread shows as having new content, but being taken to page 1 is hard work. Especially with long threads.

Try this:-

Screenshot at Aug 04 06-40-22.png

22 hours ago, HooHaa said:

view new content - clicking on post should take you to your first unread post in the topic, not some random post in the middle, otherwise its pointless,

Ah i see i was wrong, functionality is same, click on the dot, not the post.

(1) Where is the ability to see (and fix) the typeface and font size for text when posting? (This used to be available via BBCode.) How is one expected to fix the font of text that is cut/paste from elsewhere without being able to see the "regular" font and size?

(2) Where is the ability to indent text when posting?

1- Select the text, and use the icon with the T and the small x (6th icon from the left) this will remove all formatting. Is that what you mean ?

2                         Uses Spaces ;) (I don't know of any other way (at the moment))

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

1- Select the text, and use the icon with the T and the small x (6th icon from the left) this will remove all formatting. Is that what you mean ?

2                         Uses Spaces ;) (I don't know of any other way (at the moment))

I guess that will have to do.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Now I think of it, that's a truly dreadful solution (not your fault, I know) if the block of text is more than one line.

And in the absence of a "preview mode" how can we tell where lines are going to wrap*? (And even then that doesn't take care of browser rendering differences.)

* Note that the width of the box for entering replies is different from (specifically greater than) the width of added replies.

1 hour ago, Tech Doctor said:

Tapatalk has been enabled, also requesting a version upgrade of the software on android too.

Tapatalk has a problem and it needs fixing as you can't reply to posts or threads.

The mobile version works fine once all the background tasks have completed...

On 8/3/2016 at 8:02 AM, Tech Doctor said:

Hi @ExpatOilWorker,

We have just received a patch from In vision to hopefully speed the indexing up. The content will show after indexing is completed. Just remember there are over 8million posts to index and then index that to the members, it takes a little longer than a next, next, next install.

TD

Thanks TD, take your time with the indexing, but I still don't see the "My Content" icon anywhere on the forum screen. Can you point it out if I am missing it?

4 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Thanks TD, take your time with the indexing, but I still don't see the "My Content" icon anywhere on the forum screen. Can you point it out if I am missing it?

A Hook needs to be installed which allows the users to see there own content :-

When its installed you will get this as a drop down menu:-

Screenshot at Aug 04 14-06-42.png

Then on your profile page on the left you will get the following:-

Screenshot at Aug 04 14-06-18.png

Bug in email notifications? 

This has happened now twice in postings. This second one was from News team account. So very likely not a spam, but a email content bug.

Screenshot 2016-08-04 20.12.45.png

MP4 files can't be attached to the posts. Currently the mp4 has replaced animated gifs as the default funny picture format as the compression is much better. Please add this to supported files. 

Email notifications still require fine-tuning. Please fix this and compress the Subject 

Email Subject: 

Previously: craigt3365 just liked a post you made in Trump to Russia: Uncover, r...

Now:          Somebody liked a post in a topic

Make it:      craigt3365 liked your post in Trumpt to Russia..

Archived