"Honey" nabbed for selling underage girls for sex on Line and Facebook

webfact

"Honey" nabbed for selling underage girls for sex on Line and Facebook

p333.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Thai woman has been arrested on human trafficking and pimping charges after running a sex for sale service on the Line application and Facebook for many years.

Nampheung (Honey) Suphaphon was charging as much as 8 - 10,000 baht for introductions to girls as young as 16, said police. All the girls on her books were aged between 16 and 20.Legal age girls have been arrested and charged while the under aged ones were taken into care of the authorities at a Nonthaburi home.

She will face human trafficking charges in relation to the under aged girls and pimping charges for the rest.

The arrest was part of a weekly briefing for reporters on Sunday where the Bangkok metropolitan police announced the arrest of 205 suspects in the last seven days. Guns, bullets, stolen motorcycles and drugs including heroin, ice, ketamine and marijuana were seized as evidence in the arrests.

Source: tnamcot

-- Thaivisa 2016-08-01

I have already made this comment on another report but no reply yet so lets try again.  Now----- sex in the form of prostitution is illegal here in Thailand so what is all this rubbish about the differences in ages.Dont get me wrong I am disgusted at these people using underage girls,but they are saying that with over 18 yr old girls is OK.What is the difference ,its still illegal ,no???

3 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

I have already made this comment on another report but no reply yet so lets try again.  Now----- sex in the form of prostitution is illegal here in Thailand so what is all this rubbish about the differences in ages.Dont get me wrong I am disgusted at these people using underage girls,but they are saying that with over 18 yr old girls is OK.What is the difference ,its still illegal ,no???

No, you're wrong.  Paying for sex with a person over 18 is not illegal in Thailand (under most circumstances) but paying an underage person for sex is illegal.

does sex have any form other than prostitution? at least you have to buy the girl dinner don't you?

there are 2 sets of laws, thai law and the law of the american christian ngo's.

thai law is the law of the land and the american christian ngo's pay money to officials to implement their law.

their law is that sex should be illegal except between a christian married couple

and then only for the purpose of procreation (making babies).

have you seen the big crucifix which they have installed on a boat facing pattaya beach.

it should be taken down.

13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No, you're wrong.  Paying for sex with a person over 18 is not illegal in Thailand (under most circumstances) but paying an underage person for sex is illegal.

I'm not arguing either way with anyone's views. However, we all know Thailand is a world Hub for sex so why not make it completely legal other than TAT making it illegal. Would rather argue the toss with some foul mouthed hooker than some full mouthed disrespectful starving Chinese diner pent on clearing the buffet dishes at any hotel we happen across these fellow tourists. 

Anyway, our points of view make no difference on TV we all kid ourselves on a daily basis that we can change anything in Thailand. We are mere pawns to help advertising. Our posts falling on deaf ears and old men getting irate over absolute tripe trying to be the alpha male amongst the turncoats who belittle us still proud Farangs now they've fallen into a Thai apologist lifestyle. 

I better stop my rants & raves. I think I've caught the TV Victor Meldrew virus

6 hours ago, jobsworth said:

does sex have any form other than prostitution? at least you have to buy the girl dinner don't you?

thai law is the law of the land and the american christian ngo's pay money to officials to implement their law.

their law is that sex should be illegal except between a christian married couple

have you seen the big crucifix which they have installed on a boat facing pattaya beach.

it should be taken down.

Being from England what the hell do you know about the sex lives of Americans? Your post is nonsense!

6 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

I'm not arguing either way with anyone's views. However, we all know Thailand is a world Hub for sex so why not make it completely legal other than TAT making it illegal. Would rather argue the toss with some foul mouthed hooker than some full mouthed disrespectful starving Chinese diner pent on clearing the buffet dishes at any hotel we happen across these fellow tourists. 

Anyway, our points of view make no difference on TV we all kid ourselves on a daily basis that we can change anything in Thailand. We are mere pawns to help advertising. Our posts falling on deaf ears and old men getting irate over absolute tripe trying to be the alpha male amongst the turncoats who belittle us still proud Farangs now they've fallen into a Thai apologist lifestyle. 

I better stop my rants & raves. I think I've caught the TV Victor Meldrew virus

Nice one.  Love the old men getting irate and trying to be alpha quote, pure gold.

8 hours ago, jobsworth said:

it should be taken down.

I don't want to sound rude but I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.  Americans have many religions, not just Christian.  People can have sex, they just shouldn't be paying for it but I suppose you just want to be able to pay for as many women as you want.  

That being said, I'm for legalized prostitution where the women can be protected.  If you think their job isn't terrifying please go live a day in the life of a prostitute.  Go sell yourself and go to strangers homes, people you've never met, who might have killer instincts and then report on how it's fine how it is now.

9 hours ago, jobsworth said:

it should be taken down.

Huh what?  There are many different kinds of Christianity worldwide.  Americans usually follow European variations of Christianity.  There are some American variations.  Anyway, every religion, and every person, has their own view on the subject, but you sound like you are following the Russian, Cambodian.....models of blaming NGOs for everything?  Hopefully you have sex with other than prostitutes, and hopefully, you don't buy them all dinner :)

9 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

The difference is if the girl is under 18 makes no difference if she consents or not. She is a minor and legally can not give consent so even if your paying her YOU will be charged with statutory rape and the one who makes her available for sex will be charged for trafficking or pimping.

Aww wht happened here and he wasn't paying her she was just underage 

3 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

On a guilt trip per chance ?

Hahaha not at all mate, not even close. Happy as a clam me. Even if I was any of those things wouldn't be guilty about it. Thank you please come again.

Some deluded posters here, prostitution is illegal at any age in Thailand

from thailawforum

Prostitution in Thailand is clearly illegal.  However, there may be some sections of Thai law that are ambiguous, making it difficult to prosecute those charged under these laws. The Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996) (the “Prostitution Law”), is the central legal framework prohibiting prostitution. The law defines prostitution as any act done to gratify the sexual desire of another in exchange for money or any other benefit, but only if it is done “in a promiscuous manner”. The Prostitution Law does not define what exactly a “promiscuous manner” constitutes. The crime of solicitation is equally ill defined. A “Jon” soliciting the services of a prostitute is liable under the Prostitution Law only if the solicitation is done “openly and shamelessly or causes a nuisance to the public”, the penalty being a fine of up to 1,000 baht.

The Prostitution Law bars one person from associating with another in a “prostitution establishment” for the purpose of prostituting themselves or another.  The penalty for violating this part of the law is up to one month imprisonment, a fine of up to 1,000 baht or both. For the purposes of the Prostitution Law, a prostitution “establishment” is a place established for the purpose of prostitution, and includes a place used to solicit an act of prostitution. These provisions are based on the definition of prostitution and thus the requirement that the activity be done in the vaguely termed “promiscuous” manner.

I'll say it again..if AMERICAN, you follow USA laws.  I have no idea if 17 is this or that, but I don't care!!!  18 is legal.  But come on, let's be honest, for most of us 28 is a little young.  Oh who am I kidding.....for most of us 35 is borderline young.  

4 hours ago, thai3 said:

Some deluded posters here, prostitution is illegal at any age in Thailand

from thailawforum

Prostitution in Thailand is clearly illegal.  However, there may be some sections of Thai law that are ambiguous, making it difficult to prosecute those charged under these laws. The Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996) (the “Prostitution Law”), is the central legal framework prohibiting prostitution. The law defines prostitution as any act done to gratify the sexual desire of another in exchange for money or any other benefit, but only if it is done “in a promiscuous manner”. The Prostitution Law does not define what exactly a “promiscuous manner” constitutes. The crime of solicitation is equally ill defined. A “Jon” soliciting the services of a prostitute is liable under the Prostitution Law only if the solicitation is done “openly and shamelessly or causes a nuisance to the public”, the penalty being a fine of up to 1,000 baht.

The Prostitution Law bars one person from associating with another in a “prostitution establishment” for the purpose of prostituting themselves or another.  The penalty for violating this part of the law is up to one month imprisonment, a fine of up to 1,000 baht or both. For the purposes of the Prostitution Law, a prostitution “establishment” is a place established for the purpose of prostitution, and includes a place used to solicit an act of prostitution. These provisions are based on the definition of prostitution and thus the requirement that the activity be done in the vaguely termed “promiscuous” manner.

Could 'in a promiscuous manner' be half naked bar girls swinging themselves around a pole on a public thoroughfare, rather than picking a girl out of a goldfish type tank hidden from public view? The former obviously aimed at a 'tourist', the latter for domestic consumption? That's the way I read it. 'You can do it, just don't let the whole world know about it'. Which would be completely in line with Thai 'custom'.

Archived