Walk In, buy ticket and fly then and there...

I usually book my flight tickets in advance but I may be in a situation with dates uncertain whereby I simply want to turn up at DM airport and take my chances on getting a ticket then and there and travel to Krabi. From what I can research seems there are plenty of flights daily to Krabi,

Can anyone give me there experience of such an approach? Or ought I too try to book a ticket a day  or more in advance?

Thanks any input.

I find 12 daily flights from DMK to KBV from 6:45h to 18:00h.

One example lookup at Air Asia show seats available for today's flights (~ 1600 to 1800 Baht oneway before the usual add-ons).

I guess: at this time of year you will find a seat as a walk in.

But I doubt that you will get a better price than for an advance booking.

I think a lot will depend on the day of the week, the exact date, time of departure, etc.

You plan to purchase a one-way ticket? Is cost/price an issue?

I always recommend buying when you are 99% sure of your travel date(s).

Assuming you know you want to travel the next day, just check various flights (Thai AirAsia, Nok, Thai Lion) to get a feel for the next day's departures and loads. If flights look relatively open then you should be fine, so just head to DMK a few hours before the first bank of departures you targeted.

You can try using some carrier's mobile apps (which also offer special promos) to check schedules/loads.

as usual on TV-the above is overcautious-except for the few days befoire 1/1 and Songkran, you will find some seats left.

BUT: even then its better to book online @home before, so you know a time and airline and will get better prices (even of course not the lowest compared with advance) as on the airport. Also: esp. AirAsia this may involve very long waits, as there will be scores of people doing the same or wanting changes or whatever anyuone can think of being processed.

Checking before will also tell you the price and you can compare with the fixed price tourbuses.

Archived