Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

so theyve lowered the price as it aint  selling to 1  million from 2,0 with the disclaimer they can cancel the whole thing at anytime?

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The new 1m baht for 20 years seems better value than 2m baht with the 'privileges'. Privileges that they seem to value at 1m PLUS VAT!

I guess thats my point but as UJ states the old ones are still available................I expect selling like  hot cakes :lol:

38 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

People that have it have no complaints. Fact is, there has never been a single post by a member that i have seen that says anything other than good things about TE and there programmes.Only those that are not on it,seem to think there's a problem with it. Then again, they seem to have a problem with Thailand as a whole. :coffee1:

I'm sure there are a few, not interested in the privileges, that have paid 2m plus vat that won't be happy that it's now available for 1m.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, elviajero said:
  • I clearly referred to people that don't want the 'privileges', meaning those that have joined for the PE visa alone. The visa is the main reason anyone considers this scheme.
  • Your property analogy is ridiculous.
  • Who's whinging. I was making a comment.

Personally, one reason I wasn't interested in the TE membership is because of the so called, prepaid, benefits (privileges) because they were of no benefit to me. Limo and other airport services are available to anyone, I have my own cars and family/friends to pick me up and drop me at the airport, I rarely leave Thailand, I don't play golf or go to spas, so I would be paying 1m plus 20K per year plus vat for nothing. Anyone that has recently paid out 2m baht that are only interested in the PE visa is not going to be happy. 

Now they offer 20 years for 1m baht it is something I would seriously consider.

Apologies if you took that the wrong way. I wasn't referring to you personally as a whinger. The property analogy I actually find retrospective in the fact that you could buy a house and a year or so later someone buys the same property next door but at a vastly reduced rate due to market conditions. 

I look at my computer I use as a back up and see the CD writer I bought at £700 in Oxford St because at the time, that's what they cost.Now they are £15 or less

That's how it go's I'm afraid!  

Edited by Ronuk
Typing errors on this phone!

3 hours ago, Ronuk said:

People that have it have no complaints. Fact is, there has never been a single post by a member that i have seen that says anything other than good things about TE and there programmes.Only those that are not on it,seem to think there's a problem with it. Then again, they seem to have a problem with Thailand as a whole. :coffee1:

So you are saying that the people who don't like Ford cars are not driving it.  :w00t: 

And the people who like Ford cars are driving Ford cars.

Wow, never would have guessed.

8 minutes ago, JayBird said:

I read that fine print.  What happens if, for whatever reason, they do decide to cancel the program.  Is there a refund? Is the PE visa at least kept in-tact?  Or are they, 100% within their legal rights, to accept the payment of 1M THB and then cancel the program 1 or 2 years later (for whatever reason) and offer no form of compensation to the purchasers?

Any subscription program, membership, club that one would join where you pay upfront for a long period of time, and note a cancellation policy with no compensation would cause one to pause and inquire such a question.

Actually it says "Disclaimer: Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited reserves the rights to limit, modify, or cancel the Service Provider, Privileges and other benefit without prior notice"

This does not mean the visa is cancelled only privileges associated to the program and provided by third parties

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JayBird said:

I read that fine print.  What happens if, for whatever reason, they do decide to cancel the program.  Is there a refund? Is the PE visa at least kept in-tact?  Or are they, 100% within their legal rights, to accept the payment of 1M THB and then cancel the program 1 or 2 years later (for whatever reason) and offer no form of compensation to the purchasers?

Any subscription program, membership, club that one would join where you pay upfront for a long period of time, and note a cancellation policy with no compensation would cause one to pause and inquire such a question.

The visa has to be renewed every 5 years so if the scheme was cancelled the remainder of the existing 5 years visa would be honoured. The privileges for the remainder of the 20 years, however, could be lost. The scheme is obliged to make a refund dependant on the reason for termination.

See T&C's: 2.5 Termination

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JSixpack said:

What's the deal about the **90-day report?

• 90 day reporting is still required.
  • They will do the 90 day report for you, but I believe you need to deliver/collect the passport from their office.

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

What's the deal about the **90-day report?

If you don't want to do it online or go yourself, drop your passport to the people at TE and they will go for you.....And you never ever get a problem. It's all taken care of.

• Like 1

Just now, Ronuk said:

If you don't want to do it online or go yourself, drop your passport to the people at TE and they will go for you.....And you never ever get a problem. It's all taken care of.

I am looking at this and doing the math, but I presume that the TE people only do the 90 day reporting in BKK. Is that correct?

11 hours ago, ikbenhet said:

So you are saying that the people who don't like Ford cars are not driving it.  :w00t: 

And the people who like Ford cars are driving Ford cars.

Wow, never would have guessed.

He is saying that the people driving cars are not complaining. It seems to be the ones that are walking.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

The visa has to be renewed every 5 years so if the scheme was cancelled the remainder of the existing 5 years visa would be honoured. The privileges for the remainder of the 20 years, however, could be lost. The scheme is obliged to make a refund dependant on the reason for termination.

See T&C's: 2.5 Termination

Interesting point about having to pay for any Privileges used if the Scheme is cancelled...

In case of the termination pursuant to Clause2.5 (3) above (i.e. Government Cancels the Scheme], the Membership hereunder shall immediately become invalid and the Company shall refund the remaining Membership Fee (if any) to the Member, within thirty (30) days after the Card has been returned to the Company, less the following balances (if any) and costs:

1. The Penalty Charge and/or outstanding fees; and
  2. The costs of Privileges which has been used by the Member during the validity of Membership.

As others have said, most of the privileges are of no interest to me but 1Million THB for 20 years is very attractive & includes the 2 main privileges I'd want... 1) Visa & 2) Expedited Airport Services

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So for the 20 year Elite Superiority Extension, its 1m baht total? No annual fees?

How much would the annual visa/ 5 year renewal cost?

No annual fees.

There is no annual renewal. You get a new visa every 5 years for free.

If you don't leave the country for a year you could apply for a one year extension at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No annual fees.

There is no annual renewal. You get a new visa every 5 years for free.

If you don't leave the country for a year you could apply for a one year extension at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

So if you leave you get 1 year stamp on re entry, no charge. If you don't leave, a 1900 extension is required after a year.