Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

^^ thank you. Cheaper to pay an agent once a year for extensions. If I was travelling a lot would be worthwhile though.

It's worth the money to live here with absolutely no issues with immigration, no re-entry permits and a full 12 months stamp each and every time you enter the country. You are left alone for 5 years.

6 hours ago, gerry1011 said:

I am a member since 13 years. 

The Thailand Elite card is one of the best things I bought in Thailand. 

If the risk is too important for you, keep going with the process you describe above. Otherwise, just go for it and buy yourself a membership. It is just great. It's the easiest and most convenient way to stay in Thailand. 

Not sure about the lounge since I use the TG lounges. But I just come back from Europe and there is one thing I can say: With Thailand Elite you feel welcome back each time you arrive in Thailand. And the immigration procedure is done like a breeze... 

I've been living in Thailand in and out past 10 years. I have wife and son and seems like there won't be any other place I want to be. I will probably travel alone lot more in next few years so the convenience is there with elite option. I am 40 now so maybe wait couple more years and take that 20 years card. When you get older, you value more these things I guess.

• Like 1

On 6 August 2016 at 6:16 PM, elviajero said:

You won't get any METV's from Penang unless you a Malaysian or are resident there.

1. You can enter as often as you want. You have to leave (border hop) every 12 months or apply for an extension of stay. Yes you need to report if you stay longer than 90 days.
  2. You don't need to get a new passport now. If you get a new passport in the future any valid visa would stay in the old passport, and you would use the two passports until the visa expires.
  3. There are no other charges. The 1,900 is only payable if you apply for an extension of stay.

Thanks elviajero, much appreciated :)

I've been living in Thailand in and out past 10 years. I have wife and son and seems like there won't be any other place I want to be. I will probably travel alone lot more in next few years so the convenience is there with elite option. I am 40 now so maybe wait couple more years and take that 20 years card. When you get older, you value more these things I guess.

Indeed, this program is for those who value "these things", such as convenience.

I am also under 50.

The program is the best - and only - option for those under 50, with a bit of disposable funds, who want to stay comfortably - and legally - in Thailand (No need for the usual posters to come up with the ED, tourist, METV, visa runs, etc... option, we all know that too).

For those who are above 50, it may not be the only option, but it is certainly the most comfortable.

I would not imagine switching from the Thailand Elite option back to the "Retirement option" once I reach 50. Unimaginable, really.

If you are not totally sure, go for the 5 years option first.

But if you go for the 20 years option you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I find this topic interesting, can anyone guide me from the following.

i am 69 years old, married to a little bit younger Chinese lady who runs a legitimate business in Thailand and has a valid work permit. I worked in BKK from 2002 - 2009 and in 09 left for China . We visit my wife's BKK office regularly, I being a Brit can get a 30 day visa on arrival, but my wife can only get 15 days. And with the hoardes of Chinese at airport Immigration who shout, hustle, queue jump , and are not even able to fill out the required immigration forms properly, this is becoming a severe embarrassment to my wife, so seems to be forever berating the peasants in Chinese then trying to apologise for her country folk to immigration officers in fluent Thai.

is there a TE programme that would cover my wife and myself for a five year membership, as I am now beginning to accept that being on a tourist, work, retirement visa is just not worth the hassle taking into account the traffic, change of rules every now and then, plus the airport Limo seems a good deal and so do the other give always.

inam seriously interested, thanks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gerry1011 said:

Indeed, this program is for those who value "these things", such as convenience.

I am also under 50.

The program is the best - and only - option for those under 50, with a bit of disposable funds, who want to stay comfortably - and legally - in Thailand (No need for the usual posters to come up with the ED, tourist, METV, visa runs, etc... option, we all know that too).

For those who are above 50, it may not be the only option, but it is certainly the most comfortable.

I would not imagine switching from the Thailand Elite option back to the "Retirement option" once I reach 50. Unimaginable, really.

If you are not totally sure, go for the 5 years option first.

But if you go for the 20 years option you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Note quite accurate:

Other options *DO* include:
Business /Investment Visa (not for those with a limited amount of money)

1-Year Visa (US and Canadian Citizens only)

And of course, you know, get a legitimate job and work permit :P

If the above are not doable there might be some additional ones for 'special' people (athletes, scientists, etc.) but ignoring all those options, then yes, The PE Visa becomes easiest.  But I was talking to some people who do return to US yearly and the 1-year Visa does them a treat.  Christmas at home, the rest of the year in Thailand.  I don't know the details on that, but Siam Legal (I believe a sponsor here?) should fill you in.

23 minutes ago, DUS said:

If you apply for an extension of stay as a TE member, what documents do you have to submit with the application? 

As far as I know nothing more that a application form, passport plus copies of the visa and last entry stamp. And your TM6 departure card. Perhaps proof of residence at some offices.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know nothing more that a application form, passport plus copies of the visa and last entry stamp. And your TM6 departure card. Perhaps proof of residence at some offices.

Thanks! Sounds easy enough ... 

To be quite honest, the biggest question for me right now is whether to go for the 5 yrs @ 500k or the 20 years @ 1mn TBH membership. Well, I still have till the end of the year to figure it out but in the meantime it will be interesting to hear and read more from existing and soon-to-become members and their thought processes.

Anyways, I hope everyone is enjoying TH regardless of the visa/extension you might be having at this moment.

This is a good price. I am glad Thailand Elite listened to market demands and not the characters like Gerry who wanted to make visa even more expensive. At least the program has some future now. Heck, I'll even say 1 million for 20 years looks too good to be true. There you go. I just got my marriage extension in July, but this 20 year visa is something I will definitely consider in the future. 

Thank you.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

This is a good price. I am glad Thailand Elite listened to market demands and not the characters like Gerry who wanted to make visa even more expensive. At least the program has some future now. Heck, I'll even say 1 million for 20 years looks too good to be true. There you go. I just got my marriage extension in July, but this 20 year visa is something I will definitely consider in the future. 

Thank you.

Waaaaaa... We finally got you on board :)

You will now "definitely" consider the Thailand Elite option. What a smart (however late) (very late, actually) decision. 

Be welcome in the club. 

Maried or not, retired or not, wealthy or not (well, you need a "minimum" of wealth, of course), it is the most comfortable option. 

I am really happy that you finally will join us in this club of people who enjoy convenience. The sooner the better. 

Concerning a more expensive option, it is coming too (news soon) (but that one will not be for everyone, for sure). 

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I wouldn't switch when I turn 50. My reason for this is the amount required to show for a retirement visa would make me file FBAR as an American. I would prefer to keep the IRS out of my life and 500,000 for a PE visa is a reasonable amount to achieve this objective.

I have just checked into Suvarnabhumi Airport. I was amazed to see the amount of passengers using the TE service. Mostly non Farang.

The TE staff say the programme has really taken off since the 4 new options were introduced and have themselves taken on more staff.

Fantastic service once again from Condo in Bangkok to the airport lounge.

Good money coming in now for immigration and the government through this program. Imagine if just 1000 people take up the 20yr option. That's 1 Billion baht into the economy. I can see this soon being the government's preferred option for long term stayers in Thailand that are under 50 or not married or working.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

I have just checked into Suvarnabhumi Airport. I was amazed to see the amount of passengers using the TE service. Mostly non Farang.

The TE staff say the programme has really taken off since the 4 new options were introduced and have themselves taken on more staff.

Good money coming in now for immigration and the government through this program. Imagine if just 1000 people take up the 20yr option. That's 1 Billion baht into the economy. I can see this soon being the government's preferred option for long term stayers in Thailand that are under 50 or not married or working.

Good news Ron!

However, I doubt that many of those members you saw today were new members who joined because of the new levels introduced only 2 weeks ago.

Given the application takes a few days, then the transfer of the membership fee etc, I'd be surprised that there are many more new members today, let alone the fact that I don't expect all these new members to be at the airport at the same time with you.

nonetheless, if membership numbers have seen an increase that's very welcome news since it would make a closure of he program even less likely.

Good morning DUS. No I agree it was just that I was early getting here today and the TE guy was with me a while because the check in desk wasn't open. We was chatting as you do and he was saying about how things were going in general. The increase in business as a whole meant that his GF had managed to get a job with TE in the last couple of weeks. He has been with them for 18 months. He was talking in general terms of how much busier they have been getting over the last 12 months or so.

When he said about a business increase due to the new programmes, maybe he was referring to the amount of applications that were now coming in? Remember he's Thai so his concept of what is busy now with the new programmes compared to how busy they were 2 or 3 weeks ago maybe different to ours ?

I also spoke with him about how people like to  say about the programme closing down etc his answer ''No no, immigration and government like people to have and come long time, many people have now''..make of that what you will?

And why do I get the bloke when everybody else had a nice young Thai girl too look after them and chat too? ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ronuk said:

Actually, the biggest group of Thailand Elite members has never been the farang group. It is the Asian group, Koreans being the biggest one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ronuk said:

about the programme closing down etc his answer ''No no, immigration and government like people to have and come long time, many people have now''..make of that what you will?

I’m sure those who benefit financially from people coming here, want more people to come.

But I had a conversation with someone from my embassy this week. She was trying to help me get a non-immigration visa, and she made it clear to me that they (talking about the people in charge of immigration in Thailand) only want short-term tourists. She on the other hand felt bad for being unable to help the many people who have bought houses and condos (yes, she actually said houses) in Thailand, and could still only travel there on a METV with the required 30 day extension and border run.

I mentioned for her that I had considered getting a Thai Elite membership and she actually gasped before asking me if I knew how expensive it is.

• Like 1

I have one of the original TE life memberships wich still uses the 'SE' visa rather than the 'PE' visa so I have to extend every 3 months. I normally do this at Changwattana but I'll be in Hua when my next extension renewal is due so does anyone know if I can do it there without any grief.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2016 at 6:20 PM, lkn said:

I’m sure those who benefit financially from people coming here, want more people to come.

But I had a conversation with someone from my embassy this week. She was trying to help me get a non-immigration visa, and she made it clear to me that they (talking about the people in charge of immigration in Thailand) only want short-term tourists. She on the other hand felt bad for being unable to help the many people who have bought houses and condos (yes, she actually said houses) in Thailand, and could still only travel there on a METV with the required 30 day extension and border run.

I mentioned for her that I had considered getting a Thai Elite membership and she actually gasped before asking me if I knew how expensive it is.

i am 69 years old, married to a little bit younger Chinese lady who runs a legitimate business in Thailand and has a valid work permit. I worked in BKK from 2002 - 2009 and in 09 left for China . We visit my wife's BKK office regularly, I being a Brit can get a 30 day visa on arrival, but my wife can only get 15 days. And with the hoardes of Chinese at airport Immigration who shout, hustle, queue jump , and are not even able to fill out the required immigration forms properly, this is becoming a severe embarrassment to my wife, so seems to be forever berating the peasants in Chinese then trying to apologise for her country folk to immigration

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
removed reply to a removed post.

11 hours ago, DipStick said:

i am 69 years old, married to a little bit younger Chinese lady who runs a legitimate business in Thailand and has a valid work permit. I worked in BKK from 2002 - 2009 and in 09 left for China . We visit my wife's BKK office regularly, I being a Brit can get a 30 day visa on arrival, but my wife can only get 15 days. And with the hoardes of Chinese at airport Immigration who shout, hustle, queue jump , and are not even able to fill out the required immigration forms properly, this is becoming a severe embarrassment to my wife, so seems to be forever berating the peasants in Chinese then trying to apologise for her country folk to immigration

And the Koreans are alone ? Wake  up smell the coffee. Anyone can enter Thailand on a normal visa which is low cost, to commit crime. Why should criminals go the high cost route . Sorry don't k ow you but ridiculous comment

The Thailand Elite program could be something suitable for you. 

There are many members who have business interests in Thailand and just want to be able to fly in and out, in comfort, and as often as they want. Mainly Asians (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea...). 

I believe that there are much fewer members who actually need a work permit. But there are quite a few. 

The Thailand Elite program would certainly eliminate the bad feelings you and your wife get when traveling to Thailand. And since you seem to come over on a regular basis, it is an interesting option. As a member, no more queues, and the whole process suddenly gets extremely smooth. 

You wife can very well become a member while staying on her other visa, as long as she needs the work permit. But she will benefit from all the other privileges... including the supperb airport assistance.  

There are new packages designed for foreign couples, you should have a look at the website www.thailandelite.com or visit their office when you are next in Bangkok. 

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
removed comment about a removed post

20 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

I have one of the original TE life memberships wich still uses the 'SE' visa rather than the 'PE' visa so I have to extend every 3 months. I normally do this at Changwattana but I'll be in Hua when my next extension renewal is due so does anyone know if I can do it there without any grief.

They should do it without a problem but you will need a local address to put on the TM7 application form.

One of our members that has a PE visa and has done one year extensions there twice,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They should do it without a problem but you will need a local address to put on the TM7 application form.

One of our members that has a PE visa and has done one year extensions there twice,

Many thanks UJ much appreciated 

Returned from Europe last week.  An immigration supervisor and the guy at the counter took a picture of my "PE"" visa with their mobile phones.  Said it was for training the new officers.

Two years in the program is absolutely perfect and as advertised.  Never a problem.  Still not used to the electric car for those log trips to imigration.

• Like 1

Been watching this thread with interest... 

MY WISH LIST.................. 

1. Include health insurance (Even at a public hospital) No medical required AND for ALL age groups
  2. Include health insurance (Even at a public hospital) No medical required AND for ALL age groups
  3. Include health insurance (Even at a public hospital) No medical required AND for ALL age groups

That's all, now I must stop dreaming.....

To be honest if they could develop a reasonably priced "Elite Membership" with a health insurance component - it would prove VERY attractive to many long term expats.....