Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

1 hour ago, MalandLee said:

Been watching this thread with interest... 

MY WISH LIST.................. 

1. Include health insurance (Even at a public hospital) No medical required AND for ALL age groups
  2. Include health insurance (Even at a public hospital) No medical required AND for ALL age groups
  3. Include health insurance (Even at a public hospital) No medical required AND for ALL age groups

That's all, now I must stop dreaming.....

To be honest if they could develop a reasonably priced "Elite Membership" with a health insurance component - it would prove VERY attractive to many long term expats.....

It's actually a good idea. 

But it would come at a price. 

Insurance companies are in business to make money, so, with the terms that you wish in your post, it would come at a serious premium. 

But Thailand Elite could well try to include such insurance at a negociated "preferential rate". Why not. 

But... No public hospital for me :)

Personally I would only go for a "premium package". 

At the moment I pay over 120,000 a year for my insurance (worldwide except USA)... No way I would take anything less than that. But if Thailand Elite was able to offer different packages to its members, from reputable insurance companies... yes, why not.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

On 8/7/2016 at 2:16 AM, Ronuk said:

500,000 bht with 24 car services and fast track immigration.

One of the new plans is 800,000 baht for 10 years.  So that is about a 20% discount averaged out and is getting pretty reasonable for the easy ins and outs this gets you

On 8/12/2016 at 6:44 AM, anotheruser said:

I wouldn't switch when I turn 50. My reason for this is the amount required to show for a retirement visa would make me file FBAR as an American. I would prefer to keep the IRS out of my life and 500,000 for a PE visa is a reasonable amount to achieve this objective.

I like your train of thought and even if I don't do the elite visa I would never do the cash method for the retirement process.  FBAR and anything else is one more piece of government paperwork I don't want or need.  I would if anything do standard retirement with income method.  But frankly the newest Elite plan of 800,000 baht for a 10 year elite is getting pretty reasonable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

One of the new plans is 800,000 baht for 10 years.  So that is about a 20% discount averaged out and is getting pretty reasonable for the easy ins and outs this gets you

Yes. It's a good deal again.

5 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

But frankly the newest Elite plan of 800,000 baht for a 10 year elite is getting pretty reasonable

And even more so is the 1mn for 20 years deal, imho.....

Question:

Why would someone pay 1mn for "Elite Privilege Access" with a validity of 10 years when you can get 20 years for the same price (Elite Superior Extension) with the only difference between the 2 being the airport transfers and the health check option? Do people really sacrifice 10 years of membership for the sake of free airport transfers and a medical check? What am I missing?

Edited by DUS
  • Like 1

There are a number of comments on here about members being  met, greeted and assisted through the airport etc. How do the logistics of this work, does one have to inform the TE  in advance by phone etc. Then on a similar note when arriving in Bangkok, as I understand it you can be met at the gate by a little lovely and driven to immigration by electric cart. Again how do these logistics work. ?

4 minutes ago, DipStick said:

There are a number of comments on here about members being  met, greeted and assisted through the airport etc. How do the logistics of this work, does one have to inform the TE  in advance by phone etc. Then on a similar note when arriving in Bangkok, as I understand it you can be met at the gate by a little lovely and driven to immigration by electric cart. Again how do these logistics work. ?

You need to inform them by email or by phone your arrival info (airline, flt number and time) and they will meet you at the gate with a card.

So TE has sent members a small survey with two questions. I think it would be great if we all respond and give a few points if they are easy to do.

-      Is our service satisfy your requirement? I answered yes although I am pretty new and suggested they let you wait somewhere other than main immigration hall at CW to affix the stamp. Perhaps offer a drink or a coffee. This I think is okay feedback because it costs basically nothing to do. It could be done with the minimum amount of effort, easy to implement. 

-      At what channel that leads you to Thailand Privilege Card? I said TV as this is where I found out about it.

So what I am suggesting is leave some feedback which is doable rather than major things they would have to research and study. Nice to be able to give feedback directly without the clutter and distractions on some of the threads so please encourage them to keep reaching out to us.

Sorry just to clarify I am talking about members responding directly to TE. We already have many suggestions here.

Edited by anotheruser
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DUS said:

Question:

Why would someone pay 1mn for "Elite Privilege Access" with a validity of 10 years when you can get 20 years for the same price (Elite Superior Extension) with the only difference between the 2 being the airport transfers and the health check option? Do people really sacrifice 10 years of membership for the sake of free airport transfers and a medical check? What am I missing?

Nothing that i can see. I am seriously considering the Elite Superiority Extension.

• Like 1

So does this make more sense then going thru the marriage visa process? I mean I don't need to do anything but buy the Thailand Easy Access 500,000 baht deal, and no need to apply for non-immigrant O visa, or prove relationships, or income, or create bank accounts? I can do my once/twice a year visit back to the US for a month, and come back to Thailand without any special forms needed, or extra costs, or special trips to immigration? The only issue I have to deal with is the 90 day reporting? I also get a free ride back and forth from the airport whenever I need it?

Pay for the plan(which is a visa in itself?), and stop worrying about Visa's and jumping thru hoops to satisfy Thai immigration and its convoluted paper nightmare?

Also, can we apply for this ahead of time from the US? It looks like it is processed from within Thailand.

Edited by ocddave

The Thailand Easy Access 500,000 baht one, but like I said their site is a little confusing. You click on "Join Thailand Elite", then choose the download an "application form", where you can decide on "Thailand Easy Access". But when you first click on  "Join Thailand Elite",  you are presented with their terms and conditions, and the 5.2 section shows a 20,000baht annual fee.

15 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Perhaps they don't plan to be in Thailand more than 10 years? I wouldn't buy the 20 year and am on the 5 year because I can't see myself being in Thailand that long. Some of us are here only on a temporary basis and have other plans later.

I understand that point. In the end, I myself don´t know either if I will stay 1, 5, 10 or 20+ years here in the country. I plan to stay here for 10+ years but god knows what will happen to Thailand, to me, to the world economy etc etc. But, and this is my point, if you can imagine yourself to stay 10, 12, 15, or more years and want to part company with 1mn of your hard earned Baht, why would you then go for the 10 year option and not the 20 years one? 

Edited by DUS

1 minute ago, DipStick said:

I must admit to being impressed so far. And this is why. Started looking into this earlier last week, needed a few questions answered which was kindly done by Ubonjoe. Filled out the forms last Sunday and submitted by email. Monday had a mail from TE informing me I had to send the hard copies by mail. Monday afternoon at 4pm sent the paperwork from Dongguan by UPS, Tuesday morning had a mail from TE  saying documents had arrived and my application was in progress. Today at mid morning had another mail informing me that immigration had approved my application.

now that's is smooth and efficient.

Great feedback and good to hear!

May I ask what package you signed up for?

2 minutes ago, DipStick said:

I must admit to being impressed so far. And this is why. Started looking into this earlier last week, needed a few questions answered which was kindly done by Ubonjoe. Filled out the forms last Sunday and submitted by email. Monday had a mail from TE informing me I had to send the hard copies by mail. Monday afternoon at 4pm sent the paperwork from Dongguan by UPS, Tuesday morning had a mail from TE  saying documents had arrived and my application was in progress. Today at mid morning had another mail informing me that immigration had approved my application.

now that's is smooth and efficient.

Trust me when I and others tell you that the great service isn't only there when you are about to join the program. The great service continues when you are a member too. They really are on hand 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Once you give them your travel details for Airport and car service, your address, flight details and times etc you will receive a proper printed Itinerary detailing the whole plain within the hour, including the type of chauffeured car.  It isn't just verbal. The drivers are never, ever late collecting you from your address to take you to the airport. The TE staff meet you at the drop off point at the airport for departure and at the Plane doors on arrival. Even if you are early for your departure and the check in desks are not open, the staff will stay with you and take care of your bags should you wish to go for a smoke etc.

2 hours ago, Ronuk said:

Isn't it great that Thailand Elite have given options to suit everybody? A good choice of packages. Nobody now has any need to complain about there not being a choice and a very easy and affordable way to stay legally and long term in Thailand without being married or over 50 yrs old and on a retirement extension. IMO, this will soon be immigration's 'Preferred choice' for long term stayers who are under 50 and not married to a Thai.
I am 58 but would never, ever consider going back to a retirement extension after having a PE visa.

Usually when a company drop their prices/fees it's because they are in trouble and trying to increase income and cash flow. Hopefully that's not the case with TE.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Usually when a company drop their prices/fees it's because they are in trouble

Ahh but Thai companies  normally increase their prices when customers  dwindle ( to keep profit the same )

so this must mean Thailand Elite is doing great ! 

or maybe they have too many elitists and want to  discourage some by making the price less elite ?

• Like 2