Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

25 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

It is a big part of the reason it exists. the more problematic immigration becomes the more appealing the program gets.

I'm pretty sure the reason the program exists is to generate income/profit. Some people buy membership to avoid dealing with immigration, but that isn't the reason for it's existence.

IMO TE wasn't really targeting people that live here and qualify for long term extensions, but the Asian market and visitors that come and go. The new options that have dropped the pre paid 'benefits' now offer an attractive alternative to expats. If they issued a 20 year visa for 1m baht I'd buy it tomorrow.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Okay, let me clarify. It would have a much more difficult time to come into existence if immigration wasn't problematic for some people. Anyway to put it in context one poster said people were perhaps avoiding TE because of the reputation of immigration. All I am saying is that immigration problems are driving the sales. So my opinion is contrary to his.

We are straying away from the point of the thread though which is discuss benefits. Not having to deal with immigration is pretty high on the list.

Edited by anotheruser
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Okay, let me clarify. It would have a much more difficult time to come into existence if immigration wasn't problematic for some people. Anyway to put it in context one poster said people were perhaps avoiding TE because of the reputation of immigration. All I am saying is that immigration problems are driving the sales. So my opinion is contrary to his.

We are straying away from the point of the thread though which is discuss benefits. Not having to deal with immigration is pretty high on the list.

I understand your point, but I disagree because I don't think they were targeting expats, and I don't think the few TE members that frequently post here are a representation of the core membership. I doubt many have joined TE because of problems with immigration, but no doubt more will join now that TE have dropped their membership fees.

IMO most expats want a long term visa/permission to stay and have little need or interest in paying upfront for golf/spa/limo etc. Maybe TE have recognised that market and are properly targeting the expats, or maybe, as the income from the new schemes will be almost all profit, it will help subsidise their liability to those that have bought the older packages in order to keep the scheme going.

I think they would have far more members already if they had sold it for 1m baht for 20 years, without all the benefits, from day one. Clearly the sales/marketing people targeted a market that would be sold on the "Elite" label thinking they could make money on the 'benefits', which they may or may not have achieved. Reducing membership fees does not suggest success to me.

Why do they sell a 20 year visa for 1m baht upfront, but only give a 5 year visa (renewable)?

59 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I understand your point, but I disagree because I don't think they were targeting expats, and I don't think the few TE members that frequently post here are a representation of the core membership. I doubt many have joined TE because of problems with immigration, but no doubt more will join now that TE have dropped their membership fees.

IMO most expats want a long term visa/permission to stay and have little need or interest in paying upfront for golf/spa/limo etc. Maybe TE have recognised that market and are properly targeting the expats, or maybe, as the income from the new schemes will be almost all profit, it will help subsidise their liability to those that have bought the older packages in order to keep the scheme going.

I think they would have far more members already if they had sold it for 1m baht for 20 years, without all the benefits, from day one. Clearly the sales/marketing people targeted a market that would be sold on the "Elite" label thinking they could make money on the 'benefits', which they may or may not have achieved. Reducing membership fees does not suggest success to me.

Why do they sell a 20 year visa for 1m baht upfront, but only give a 5 year visa (renewable)?

I am not sure what you base your posts on then at this point. Again this is about membership benefits and not idle speculation at this point. i retract my thoughts saying that this program in part exists based upon horrible immigration policies. 

The strength of a 5 year ME visa rather than a visa based on extensions.  People say that they can do the same thing as a TE visa but the reality is you simply can not. God forbid something happens to you in the mean time and you do not have the 800K in the bank or any number of things. In the eventuality of a collapse of the TE program your visa is already issued. You are vetted one time and one time only. All other options require you to prove yourself annually. 

It would in my opinion be harder to revoke a valid visa than not give an extension. Assuming no wrong doing of course. The 5 year multi entry is a done deal. If you are basing your stay on amounts in a bank and have an emergency down the road try explaining you don't have the money in the bank right now. 

So for me if people are saying what if Thailand takes a turn for the worse? Then it is my contention you would still be better off on a 5 year ME visa than annual extensions. If they cancel TE visas do others feel their papers would hold? So a feeling of security is part of the value regardless of what the future might hold. I don't think people of somewhat more affluence would be at the front of the chopping block.

There is more security in the TE visa than the other options as far as I can tell. 

• Like 1

I guess I would like to see a more bare bones 5 year version for say 150000 baht for the nice immigration paperwork avoidance, and maybe one or two pickup and drop off's (or none at all, I'll get my own ride). I don't need all the other perks, or hand holding, or lounges, or discounts. I would think they could sell a HeII of a lot of those, its the immigration paperwork nightmare that many of us really need/want to avoid, maybe the government itself could sell that nice perk.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I guess the extra "perks" are for those who need to feel special, you know the types. I'd also like them to offer a 5 or 20 year version with none of that unnecessary stuff.

They do ... at least the 20 year version of it..... unless you are now one of those who says "But I don´t want to have a 5 year renewable visa" ....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DUS said:

They do ... at least the 20 year version of it..... unless you are now one of those who says "But I don´t want to have a 5 year renewable visa" ....

I need to stay in Thailand for 4-5 years, with 1-2 trips back to the US to secure my Job and paycheck there, I would love an easy way of doing that. So a 5 year visa with as little hassles as necessary, would be a major plus. But I am struggling to see $15,000 worth of benefits to me, a more bare bones approach would sell more, and secure the perks for the higher up Elite members. That would be $1000 per year, I can accept that, $3000 a year seems excessive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronuk said:

It's turning into a Dutch auction, now down to $1000 a year......Anymore bids? This could yet get down to the price of 3 extensions and a Tuk Tuk ride:rolleyes:

Naaaaah, a Tuk Tuk ride here is usually a rip-off so better don´t throw that one into the calculation..... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ocddave said:

I need to stay in Thailand for 4-5 years, with 1-2 trips back to the US to secure my Job and paycheck there, I would love an easy way of doing that. So a 5 year visa with as little hassles as necessary, would be a major plus. But I am struggling to see $15,000 worth of benefits to me, a more bare bones approach would sell more, and secure the perks for the higher up Elite members. That would be $1000 per year, I can accept that, $3000 a year seems excessive.

Ah, ok!

You specifically asked for a 5 and a 20 year no-frills option but didn´t specify that you actually only need a 5 year option for yourself. So it was more of a general "altruistic" recommendation to ask for a 20 year no frills version which, as we found out, already exists.

But more importantly, with your travel pattern of 1-2 trips to your home country every year, going for the METV would be a no-brainer for me. Especially if you are on a rather tight budget / don´t see the value in a 3k/year visa. The METV is a cheap and no-frills option available to you and many will envy you for the option to apply for METV after METV (due to your travel pattern). Cheap as chips for you!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DUS said:

Ah, ok!

You specifically asked for a 5 and a 20 year no-frills option but didn´t specify that you actually only need a 5 year option for yourself. So it was more of a general "altruistic" recommendation to ask for a 20 year no frills version which, as we found out, already exists.

But more importantly, with your travel pattern of 1-2 trips to your home country every year, going for the METV would be a no-brainer for me. Especially if you are on a rather tight budget / don´t see the value in a 3k/year visa. The METV is a cheap and no-frills option available to you and many will envy you for the option to apply for METV after METV (due to your travel pattern). Cheap as chips for you!

I guess I am confused, as I am about to send my paperwork tomorrow for a Non-Immigrant "O" Marriage Visa, with single entry, then I was going to apply for yearly extensions, then exit probably only 1 time for year for about 3 weeks to the US. I thought the multiple entry visa was not the good choice in this situation?

15 minutes ago, ocddave said:

I guess I am confused, as I am about to send my paperwork tomorrow for a Non-Immigrant "O" Marriage Visa, with single entry, then I was going to apply for yearly extensions, then exit probably only 1 time for year for about 3 weeks to the US. I thought the multiple entry visa was not the good choice in this situation?

Getting the extension of stay based upon marriage is your best option.

If you only plan on one trip a year a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) would be all you would need.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Getting the extension of stay based upon marriage is your best option.

If you only plan on one trip a year a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) would be all you would need.

So I just book a flight back to the US, fly out, and when I fly back just pay 1000 baht for a rentry permit? Or do I need to apply for a permit before I leave?

26 minutes ago, ocddave said:

So I just book a flight back to the US, fly out, and when I fly back just pay 1000 baht for a rentry permit? Or do I need to apply for a permit before I leave?

You have to get the re-entry permit before leaving. A re-entry permit is valid until the date your extension ends so you could get one as soon as you have the extension stamp. You can also get a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht.

On 8/22/2016 at 6:10 PM, gerry1011 said:

One of the "little extras" the members of Thailand Elite recieve are invitations to exclusive events. 

Among others, there has been invitations for a Montecarlo Yachts cruise (on 2 yachts), and the Lamborghini Showroom launch. 

The latest is the Pagani event. 

The PE visa certainly stays the most important privilege for most on this forum, followed, I guess, by the airport assistance, but the spas, golf, health check ups, ... and exclusive invitations are certainly adding to the pleasure of being a member. 

image.jpeg

This actually looks like a fun event. I can't make it but if anybody goes please share what the experience was like. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, anotheruser said:

This actually looks like a fun event. I can't make it but if anybody goes please share what the experience was like. 

Unfortunately I can't go either. 

I hear that, besides the Pagani, there will be 8 kilos (!) of caviar too :)

I will go to the next one. 

24 minutes ago, texanaust said:

I am a little confused by Thai Elites website.  If I want a Five year visa for myself, my wife and one daughter (3 people total) what is the cheapest option and what would be the total price?  Thank you in advance.  

The "Elite Family Excursion".

800,000 for you plus 300,000 each for your wife and daughter. 1.4M total.

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

The "Elite Family Excursion".

800,000 for you plus 300,000 each for your wife and daughter. 1.4M total.

Wrong

The 800k baht is for two people. Then 300k baht for each additional membership.

Membership : At least 2 person or more

Source: http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file37.pdf

Basically it is package deal for a husband and wife. If you break down the fee of 800k baht it is 500k baht plus 300k for the 2nd membership. Then 300k baht each for their children.

10 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

gdaya folks,

im planning to obtain the 10yrs te option, could i say after 5 yrs sell the membership to a third party ???

wbr

roobaa01

For the Elite Privilege Access 10 year membership.

Non-transferable / Non-refundable

Source: http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file39.pdf

14 minutes ago, MartinBKK said:

Does anyone know what happens after you apply? Do you have to leave the country or can you get the visa without leaving?

No, you can get it within Thailand at CW...

• Like 1

Would anyone be able to explain to me in plain english what a 20 year - 5 year renewable visa means?
Is it guaranteed for 20 years or do I need to re-aplly after 5 years and hope for the best?
Also, do I loose the visa if the TE goes bankrupt?
And last but not least... I would appreciate you oppinion on my specific situation... I am 35yr old Canadian married to a Thai woman for 8 years. Would you suggest I move to Thailand and get a Marriage visa and keep extending it? Is that much trouble with immigration? Or is it worth investing 1mil in TE 20yr plan?
THANKS GUYS! Cheers!

14 minutes ago, mirko said:

And last but not least... I would appreciate you oppinion on my specific situation... I am 35yr old Canadian married to a Thai woman for 8 years. Would you suggest I move to Thailand and get a Marriage visa and keep extending it? Is that much trouble with immigration? Or is it worth investing 1mil in TE 20yr plan?

I would say, if you have 1 Million baht and don't care to spend it, then use the TE Visa plan. If you unsure about the money, because it feels like a lot, then I would guess it's better to go the mariage extension way.

So easy speaking if you have enough money and the fee isn't a problem I thinking the 20-year visa is a perfect solution and much less problems than every other option, except one  disadvange (1 Million baht cost).

• Like 1