Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

16 minutes ago, pearlofqatar said:

Thanks mate, I was actually being a bit sarcastic as I put the wheels in motion after looking up their website. (a better deal I have not seen) for T'land that is.

You will be impressed and never want to go back to using any other type of visa to stay here long term.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mortenaa said:

If I didn't apply for PR, I think TE would be the way to go. That said, with PR, you don't have to do any 90-days reports, and no annual extensions. Still for some funny reason, you need a re-entry... 

The re-entry permit (also called Non-Quota Immigrant Visa for a PR), valid for a year, only ensures that a PR holder won't get his PR status to leave the country for let's say 10 years to finally come back to still enjoy the benefits of PR. You want to stay in Thailand, well, prove it. That's basically the idea behind it. And be happy: green card holders in the US have to show up in person every 6 months... Same principle but faster span.

1 hour ago, Jujus said:

The re-entry permit (also called Non-Quota Immigrant Visa for a PR), valid for a year, only ensures that a PR holder won't get his PR status to leave the country for let's say 10 years to finally come back to still enjoy the benefits of PR. You want to stay in Thailand, well, prove it. That's basically the idea behind it. And be happy: green card holders in the US have to show up in person every 6 months... Same principle but faster span.

I'm not complaining. I just say they could have organized the re-entry registration without actually showing up at immigration. Thailand is desperately in need of a proper electronic signature system. They still rely on signed copies of all documents for every thing.

7 hours ago, mortenaa said:

I'm not complaining. I just say they could have organized the re-entry registration without actually showing up at immigration. Thailand is desperately in need of a proper electronic signature system. They still rely on signed copies of all documents for every thing.

I never said you complained ;)

And again, the reason why they don't implement an electronic system for that is that they want to make sure that you are in person in the country. Same as in the US.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I would be tempted to just get in the VIP line and see if they let it go. Of course you may be directed to go to the end of the queue in the normal line. It never hurts to try.

I came through there last month from KL and the IO wasn't familiar with the PE visa. He needed to look the list of visas up on his screen, ask a colleague and then stamped me in for 12 months. I never tried the premium Lane but it was a quiet day anyway.

I spoke with TE and they confirmed they have put in the permissions to operate a full service from Don Muang but don't anticipate it to start for around 12 months.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

I came through there last month from KL and the IO wasn't familiar with the PE visa. He needed to look the list of visas up on his screen, ask a colleague and then stamped me in for 12 months. I never tried the premium Lane but it was a quiet day anyway.

I spoke with TE and they confirmed they have put in the permissions to operate a full service from Don Muang but don't anticipate it to start for around 12 months.

Would be great if (prior to launching the full service) they´d officially announce that TE members can use the VIP line at DMK. Fast immigration at DMK would be the main perk for me anyway (not being greeted at the airplane etc). 

20 minutes ago, DUS said:

Would be great if (prior to launching the full service) they´d officially announce that TE members can use the VIP line at DMK. Fast immigration at DMK would be the main perk for me anyway (not being greeted at the airplane etc). 

I'm not sure but I think they have there own premium lane anyway at 

suvarnabhumi. It's right next to the immigration office. I assume it's there own Lane as it's the other side of some screens and I've never seen anybody except TE members use it. Your through in a couple of minutes with no delay.

1 hour ago, Ronuk said:

I'm not sure but I think they have there own premium lane anyway at 

suvarnabhumi. It's right next to the immigration office. I assume it's there own Lane as it's the other side of some screens and I've never seen anybody except TE members use it. Your through in a couple of minutes with no delay.

I´d be surprised if they man a booth for PE members only ... even @ BKK.

But just allowing TE members do use any of the existing "VIP booths" at DMK would be a real benefit. 

Edited by DUS

3 minutes ago, DUS said:

I´d be surprised if they man a booth for PE members only ... even @ BKK.

But just allowing TE members do use any of the existing "VIP booths" at DMK would be a real benefit. 

I'm coming through again on Monday evening. I will ask. As I say, it's definitely in a separate area and screened off with TE signs all over it.

15 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

I'm coming through again on Monday evening. I will ask. As I say, it's definitely in a separate area and screened off with TE signs all over it.

But you were talking about BKK not DMK, right?

4 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

As you can see in the link. A fast track desk exclusive  for TE members.

Wow, is that what it looks like at BKK airport? I always thought they made this up for the photo shoot only. Nice one...

But with regards to DMK (Don Mueang) all I said above was that it would be nice if TE came up with an official agreement with Immigration so that TE members can official use the current fast track booths now as a "temporary solution" till they officially launch their "own" services at this airport.

Alright I finally got around to asking TE what happens if you lose your passport. Here is the email...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have a question. What happens if an Elite member loses their passport that has the Thai visa in it? 

Dear Mr. xxxx, xxx:

Thank you again for your email. In case of the foreigners have lost his/her passport, he has to apply the police report at police station where nearest his place or in the area of lost passport. Then, bring the police report to Embassy in Bangkok for issuing the new one. After receiving new passport, please contact Immigration Office for transferring his stay permission (if the length of stay is still valid).

So Thai Elite will issue another visa for the new passport? 

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

Your understanding is correct, Sir. If our member(s) lost their passport, we will issue the new Elite visa by transferring his visa information to new passport by using the visa information which we have recorded in our data base.

However, for non Elite member(s); he is requested to consult with Embassy directly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems obvious in hindsight but I don't think anybody asked directly before so now we know there is no need to go into ultra panic mode should you lose your passport. It did take them more than 24 hours to clarify this so it seems even they had to discuss exactly what happens as it may have never happened yet.

It just occurred to me to enquire about if there is a fee. Will update it when they reply. 

Edited by anotheruser
  • Like 2

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

There is no fee for issuing new Elite Visa, however, the service charge at THB 2000 if our member would like Elite Personal Liaison(EPL) for their assistant as we offer EPL Service is free of charge for the 1st time of usage only. 

For other type of visa issuing; the fee will be applied depends on each of visa' s term and condition only.

So there is the reply about fees. You couldn't really ask more than that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anotheruser said:

If you are clearing immigration in Bangkok sure. What flight is on the other side of immigration shouldn't matter. If you are just transferring to another flight you shouldn't clear immigration anyway. Maybe i am mistaking your question? 

I am talking about international to domestic, they have immigration counters at the Concourse building C on 2nd level that you have to go through, this is not connected to the immigration for international arrivals.

For the exact procedure see: http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/224-international-to-domestic-with-a-boarding-pass

Let's say you're a member but not interested in the electric cart, luggage service, ground transportation, whatever.

But you are interested in clearing immigration (on arrival at Suvarnabhumi) with minimal queueing.  Are members allowed to use the Premium or VIP counter or whatever it's called?  If not, would someone describe in more detail where the 'hidden behind a screen like it's part of the immi office' Elite counter is located?  Are there signs off to the side as you enter the main holding pen type area?

13 minutes ago, john_bkk919 said:

Let's say you're a member but not interested in the electric cart, luggage service, ground transportation, whatever.

But you are interested in clearing immigration (on arrival at Suvarnabhumi) with minimal queueing.  Are members allowed to use the Premium or VIP counter or whatever it's called?  If not, would someone describe in more detail where the 'hidden behind a screen like it's part of the immi office' Elite counter is located?  Are there signs off to the side as you enter the main holding pen type area?

All PE visa holders can use the dedicated TE fast track whatever it's called. :D