Need To Transport A Motorbike

crabstix

I need to get a motorbike transported from Chiang Rai to downtown Lamphun. I dont want to ride it there as it's too far and could be dangerous. Does anyone know of any transportation services in Chiang Rai that will do it? If so, approximately how much do they charge?

Apologies Crabstix

I miss read your post and posted something like this

I suggested you put your bike on the train because I read Chang Rai as Chang Mai.

Chang Mai has a train station , Chang Rai does not.

When I realised my error I edited the post and typed error.

Once again apologies

MM

I need to get a motorbike transported from Chiang Rai to downtown Lamphun. I dont want to ride it there as it's too far and could be dangerous. Does anyone know of any transportation services in Chiang Rai that will do it? If so, approximately how much do they charge?

I'll drive her down for ya, 1k + gasoline :-) Or just talk to one of the motoshops (honda i.e.) and ask them how to proceed, they sure know how ...

Why don't you rent a truck and drive it there yourself?

I think you can ship bikes on the bus. I've seen it before. They lay it on its side in the luggage compartment down below. You have to drain out all of the gas so whoever picks up the bike needs to have a small container of fuel if they want to ride it away. Also they removed the mirrors and maybe some other easily breakable and easily removable stuff which could be reinstalled in a couple of minutes when retrieving the bike.

Chownah

Edited by chownah

My wife sent a Honda Wave from Samui to Khon Kaen by the Post Office. Cost about 1,000 Baht. Left the bike in the car park, handed over the green book and keys, filled in a form and it turned up in Khon Kaen in about 10 days. It was a main post office.

Why don't you rent a truck and drive it there yourself?

I can't drive a truck. No probs. I found someone to do it for me. A close Thai pal did it for me for free as he was going there anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway

Try the Main Post office near the Anuban Chiang Rai and the Public Market.

My wife sent a Honda Wave from Samui to Khon Kaen by the Post Office. Cost about 1,000 Baht. Left the bike in the car park, handed over the green book and keys, filled in a form and it turned up in Khon Kaen in about 10 days. It was a main post office.

That's a great way to go. Was it ridden at all?