Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

25 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

You will have to be more specific. Are you claiming that the moderators will not tailor the questions to make them hard for Trump to answer or that he will not rip her to pieces if given the chance?

He was more specific. You edited out the rest of his post to make it seem like he wasn't.

Here is what he posted:

"What rubbish.

Mind you the same accusations were levelled at Megyn Kelly for daring to remind Trump that he's a boorish woman hater, which he subsequently confirmed with his crass "bleeding from wherever" comment. "

Here is what you quoted:

"What rubbish"

And then you requested a greater degree of specificity. It was there. You edited it. Why not quote the whole three lines? Can't be that difficult can it?

On to the issue though:  those drafting the questions will no doubt do so in a manner that makes them difficult to answer for both candidates. Of course, the degree of difficulty of the same question will be very different for each candidate depending on their knowledge of the issue that they are asked to address. This is a concern for Trump's team. A concern so great that following their candidate's comments on election rigging they now seem to be saying that the debate questions will be rigged. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Neurath said:

He was more specific. You edited out the rest of his post to make it seem like he wasn't.

Thanks for nothing (once again).

I addressed the question that I wanted answered, because his analogy did not make any sense to me. Trump felt that Ms. Kelly's questions were hostile. That is what he got so angry about. Tailoring the questions to make them difficult to answer is a whole different thing.

My theory is that the moderators will purposely concentrate on coming up with policy questions that are beyond his grasp. He will have to figure out how to turn them into something else - points that he wants to make - or lose the debate badly. However, so far, he has done a pretty good job of defeating that tactic in other debates.

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Correct and the moderators will do everything they can to favor Hillary when they design the questions. However, I'm not sure that they can keep him on the straight and narrow. The only chance he has is to rip her to pieces and he is pretty good at that.

Talk about a weak argument.  It's not the questions that will favor Hillary, it's the answers that we are interested in.   

Unless they ask both candidates what there position is on Rosie O'Donnell, Trump will be out of his depth.   

17 minutes ago, Credo said:

Unless they ask both candidates what there position is on Rosie O'Donnell, Trump will be out of his depth.   

I may not agree with Trump on several issues but on that one I don't see how anyone could disagree with the man.

I don't know much about Rosie O'Donnell but I get the feeling that lots of men don't like her because she doesn't fancy men sexually. Strangely, the very same cohort of men advocate public policy that discriminates and penalizes gay men because they do fancy men sexually. 

Anyway, I hope the debate is structured and the questions posed in a manner that allows Donald Trump ample opportunity to clearly articulate his positions on policy and governance. 

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Thanks for nothing (once again).

I addressed the question that I wanted answered, because his analogy did not make any sense to me. Trump felt that Ms. Kelly's questions were hostile. That is what he got so angry about. Tailoring the questions to make them difficult to answer is a whole different thing.

My theory is that the moderators will purposely concentrate on coming up with policy questions that are beyond his grasp. He will have to figure out how to turn them into something else - points that he wants to make - or lose the debate badly. However, so far, he has done a pretty good job of defeating that tactic in other debates.

In other words, you acknowledge he's totally uninformed about issues a normal candidate would need to know about to be president and he's both incapable and unwilling to prepare himself to an acceptable level of knowledge for the debates. What follows from that is that he will NEVER be capable or willing to be knowledgeable enough to be president. It's so obvious. That's why the most important people in in his own party have turned away from him, either explicitly or with weak tea "endorsements" that are obviously insincere.

Face it. He's dangerous. He's a dog of a candidate. 

27 minutes ago, Buzzz said:

My buddy Martin loves Trump.

You can tell allot about s candidate by observing the supporters.

Poor Martin, his head is about to explode.  Sad what the right wing conspiracy media has done to him. 

Yeah well, looks like he got into bed with Trump and Trump stole his hair. Once you get into bed him he'll come after you hard and steal your hair. 

Oh dear, oh dear oh dear.

10 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Correct and the moderators will do everything they can to favor Hillary when they design the questions. However, I'm not sure that they can keep him on the straight and narrow. The only chance he has is to rip her to pieces and he is pretty good at that.

Sixty years ago Joe McCarthy got a free ride from the media which at the time consisted primarily of the print media. McCarthy was a Republican US Senator who was not running for Potus but he did a great deal of damage to the Constitution, the political system, the society, to many individuals.

Donald Trump is not getting a free ride from the media and good on the media that have chosen to take on this wildman ignoramus lunatic. The same political party that gave us Sarah Palin has now given us Donald Trump, so the Republican party is only getting worse. 

Media have both the right and the obligation to challenge the challenged when they seek the presidency of the United States. Taking on Trump is more than a matter of disagreement on policies or philosophy, it is the duty and obligation of citizens to stop a crackpot on the loose.

Trump hinting of assassination of Hillary. Even Secret service had to comment on this one.

It's like he wishes US to have a civil war. What a great leader he is... 

Yes. That is the republican party speaking of Trumpenkurtz. 

Hilary a Muslim? Well there you go. I've suspected that there was something unpatriotic about her ever since I first saw her in San Diego back in 1995. I knew back then that she would never build a wall to keep naftas out.

17 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

"It would be fairly stupid for a candidate who trails, and lacks other known opportunities to make up ground, to skip the only scheduled high-profile campaign events left. On the other hand, the “candidate would never do something stupid” model has a poor record of predicting Trump’s behavior so far. What’s more, if Trump does pull to within striking distance, he has every reason to avoid a debate with Hillary Clinton. "

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/08/will-donald-trump-skip-the-debate-with-hillary-clinton.html

Because of fair use roles, I can't quote any further. The author goes on to explain that unlike the REpublican debates with multiple candidates, the debate with Clinton will allow for questions that demand a pretty thorough knowledge of the issues at hand.  Trump can't do hit and run as he did in the Republican primaries.

23 hours ago, ttthailand said:

Publicus, where are you getting that 92% of democrats are supporting Hillary ? Is that including Bernie supporters. I follow most of the mainstream news and Internet news channels but missed that 92%.

I've known Pub for several years and elections,

and I rarely find valid reason to  dispute his political observations or calculations. 

I would say if he picks 92%, he is allowing the 3% margin or error in any polling,

and that the Bernie fans are starting,  also in my observations , to become utterly aghast at Trump,

and see Hillary more and more as the only safe harbor of choice that actually LISTENS to their wants.

Sorry even the most rabid Bernie fan was not calling for gun nuts to shoot Hillary. Least of all Bernie.

A humorous take on the theme.

The massive unfitness of trump to be president.

Or ANY elective office for that matter.

Imagine him even as president of your condo board?:w00t:

Trump as president is unthinkable. That’s why so many find it fascinating.

What will defeat the Snapper in the end is plain wrongness. When the surgeon comes in to say hello before he opens up your skull, if he’s wearing a baseball cap backward and listening to Metallica on headphones, you climb off the table. And when you board the plane and glance into the cockpit and see Moe and Curly doing eye pokes, you disembark. The Big Snapper is not a president of the United States. He isn’t even of mayoral quality, unless maybe in Toronto. He’s a joke. Nice try. No cigar.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-as-president-is-unthinkable-thats-why-so-many-find-it-fascinating/2016/08/09/49aa1d28-5e58-11e6-9d2f-b1a3564181a1_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-e%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In other words, you acknowledge he's totally uninformed about issues a normal candidate would need to know about to be president and he's both incapable and unwilling to prepare himself to an acceptable level of knowledge for the debates.

He is not a professional politician. His rivals are. It is not easy to compete against 40 years of repeating the same talking points for someone who is not great at rote memorization. However, that is the exact reason many people want him elected. I - and many other people - are willing to forgive him for  a few minor faux pas during a debate.

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

He is not a professional politician. His rivals are. It is not easy to compete against 40 years of repeating the same talking points for someone who is not great at rote memorization. However, that is the exact reason many people want him elected. I - and many other people - are willing to forgive him for  a few minor faux pas during a debate.

You are willing to forgive him a "few minor faux pas during a debate" !!!

Are you serious? I mean really really serious? You are so desperate for a 'republican to win', you would vote for a clinically diagnosed sociopath and pathological liar? A man that has ruined thousands of small businesses by simply not paying them for the products and services they supplied? A man that says make America Great, we should not give trade and jobs to China, yet many of his clothes manufacturing businesses are in China and Bangladesh? A man that whether he should or not will not disclose his tax returns unlike every other predecessor.? A man that questions security officials 'if we have nukes why can't we use them'?

There will be no minor faux pas at the debates, there will be major ones, that is IF he decides to enter the debate, which if he attends the first, he will not attend the next two.

A man that purposely or not takes on a gold star family? Implies the shooting of his political competitor? Are these minor faux pas?

I get the democrats hate republicans hate democrats thing but give me a break. IF you are so torn then vote for two ex Republicans who will do a good honest job for 4 years while the country sorts out the next two major party contenders. At least vote Johnson/Weld who both turned their respective states around in terms of budget. How can you consider voting for or giving quarter to a sociopath like Trump? The mind boggles!

I utterly despair at Trump supporters.

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In other words, you acknowledge he's totally uninformed about issues a normal candidate would need to know about to be president and he's both incapable and unwilling to prepare himself to an acceptable level of knowledge for the debates. What follows from that is that he will NEVER be capable or willing to be knowledgeable enough to be president. It's so obvious. That's why the most important people in in his own party have turned away from him, either explicitly or with weak tea "endorsements" that are obviously insincere.

Face it. He's dangerous. He's a dog of a candidate. 

When he gets elected as potus, which is only a few months away so get used to it, he will get a fast course about what he needs to know or don't need to know.

In other words, his advisors will tell him what he need to know and needs to say, same as they do with all other presidents.

1 minute ago, Andaman Al said:

You are willing to forgive him a "few minor faux pas during a debate" !!!

Are you serious? I mean really really serious? You are so desperate for a 'republican to win', you would vote for a clinically diagnosed sociopath and pathological liar?

Yes I am serious. However, you don't have much of a memory. I do not support Trump. As I told you before, I will probably not vote this election. I do not trust either candidate. Despite  that, I do not like seeing the man demonized and Hillary supporters blatantly lying about him.  For example, how about some EVIDENCE that he is a "clinically diagnosed sociopath and pathological liar." I suspect that is complete BS and slander besides. Prove me wrong if you can.

6 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Yes I am serious. However, you don't have much of a memory. I do not support Trump. As I told you before, I will probably not vote this election. I do not trust either candidate. Despite  that, I do not like seeing the man demonized and Hillary supporters blatantly lying about him.  For example, how about some EVIDENCE that he is a "clinically diagnosed sociopath and pathological liar." I suspect that is complete BS and slander besides. Prove me wrong if you can.

UG

Fill your boots

https://www.google.co.th/?ion=1&espv=2#q=Trump+Clinically+diagnosed+Sociopath+and+pathological+liar

12 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

UG

Fill your boots

You linked to a bunch of liberal publications smearing the man with no clinical evidence to back it up. The only way that could happen is if he visited a psychologist/ psychiatrist and they gave him a bunch of tests. That has NOT HAPPENED, so - once again - your claim is completely BOGUS.

It’s a fairly modern and widespread phenomenon, but diagnosing prominent people with mental disorders based on their public appearances is a very unfortunate tendency. It’s easy to see footage or reports of someone you don’t like or whose actions you don’t agree with, and conclude that they have some form of mental health issue based on your limited knowledge of such things.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2016/aug/04/dont-diagnose-donald-trump-its-not-helpful

The fact is, diagnosing a mental health problem is a very complicated and often uncertain process.

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

You linked to a bunch of liberal publications smearing the man with no clinical evidence to back it up. The only way that could happen is if he visited a psychologist/ psychiatrist and they gave him a bunch of tests. That has NOT HAPPENED, so your claim is completely BOGUS.

It’s a fairly modern and widespread phenomenon, but diagnosing prominent people with mental disorders based on their public appearances is a very unfortunate tendency. It’s easy to see footage or reports of someone you don’t like or whose actions you don’t agree with, and conclude that they have some form of mental health issue based on your limited knowledge of such things.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2016/aug/04/dont-diagnose-donald-trump-its-not-helpful

The fact is, diagnosing a mental health problem is a very complicated and often uncertain process.

How funny

All i linked to was a search on google asking if Trump had been clinically diagnosed with being a sociopath or pathological liar. What you saw were the top Google results. Did you look at page two and three? Are you calling Google unrepresentative/ Are they biased towards HRC? Is that what you are saying? Please, no more.

Archived