Honest Isaan taxi driver reunites passenger with 377,000 baht

webfact

Honest Isaan taxi driver reunites passenger with 377,000 baht

a4.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- An honest taxi driver who found 377,000 baht in cash on his back seat returned it in full to his passenger on Tuesday.

He said he had once lost 200 baht "and that was stressful enough".

Kanya Suksamkaew, 60, had taken the money out of the bank on Tuesday morning with the intention of using it to buy items for merit making, reported Thairath.

But she left it in the taxi at a gas station near Central Pin Klao in eastern Bangkok.

Driver Pitthaya Paocharoen noticed a bag on the back seat a few moments later and saw it was full of 1000 baht notes.  

So he returned to the gas station but the passenger was nowhere to be found. 

Then he took the bag to Samranrat police station where the owner was later reunited with her valuable bag.

Kanya said that she held out virtually no hope of getting the bag back while Pitthaya said that it was all in a day's work.

She gave him 4,000 baht as a reward while police at the station said they would prepare a shield to present to the driver to celebrate his fine act of honesty.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-03

this taxi driver is an exception, no doubt.

yes his honesty and good must be appreciated. good that the police are intending to present him a momento.

i suggest to launch a fund to reward him and hope that he ends up receiving much more than the figure involved in the case. this will not only publicity to this noble person but may also encourage similar reaction from other taxi drivers.

1 minute ago, Deerculler said:

You are a bitter cynical lot. Why don't you go back to where you come from.

Look, every time an incident happens it is always followed by a story like this. Some of us don't believe every other week people are leaving sums of money in bags to the tune of over $10,000 a pop on average. Fine line between cynical and gullible I suppose.

1 hour ago, MobileContent said:

If you are in a German taxi, the driver would have got nothing. 

That is absolutely untrue. I do know Germany quite well and I would estimate that in Germany the driver would get at least BHT20,000 . Why do you make misleading statements of this nature?

18 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

That is absolutely untrue. I do know Germany quite well and I would estimate that in Germany the driver would get at least BHT20,000 . Why do you make misleading statements of this nature?

Any reward would be subject to the generosity of the person involved, not their nationality.

13 minutes ago, Chapelroad said:

Any reward would be subject to the generosity of the person involved, not their nationality.

You are, of course, right, but we are referring here to a situation in general and the customary attitude. A far as Japan is concerned, even there there are generous people who would reward the driver to a more generous extent, although here I am unable to refer to customs, as I really do not know Japan that well.

29 minutes ago, Chapelroad said:

That isn't quite true. In Japan you would not ask for any reward. None would be offered either. The quote function is a bit funky but my point is it wouldn't be asked for or offered.

5 hours ago, anotheruser said:

I think he is just saying in Germany it wouldn't be expected.

Thanks for your positive thinking. But no, he is suggesting that Germans are too miserly to give any reward.

This is absolutely nonsense. Been driving taxi in Germany myself. They tip quite generously.

MobileContent seems to be a very negative person. Pity him.

5 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Thanks for your positive thinking. But no, he is suggesting that Germans are too miserly to give any reward.

This is absolutely nonsense. Been driving taxi in Germany myself. They tip quite generously.

MobileContent seems to be a very negative person. Pity him.

Absolute rubbish you are talking. He even accuses me in PM to read Bild and I put shame on Germany on this forum. 

TO MAKE THE POINT CLEAR IF SOMEONE LOOSES A BAG IN A TAXI AND COMES BACK TO CLAIM HIS BAG THEIR IS NO NEED TO PAY A REWARD.

For gods sake do I have to pay a reward in a restaurant or hotel if I forget my bag. It is expected to return as it is a service industry. If the taxi was called by phone the driver would have bring back the bag and maybe the fare would have been paid.

As for the Isaan taxi driver I do feel he deserved it and I am happy for him. In Thailand, I would have certainly given him 10K. As for the German Taxi driver I am happy I have no taxi friends from Germany but I count my 20+ taxi drivers in Thailand as my true friends.

Archived