Honest Isaan taxi driver reunites passenger with 377,000 baht

webfact

14 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Thanks for your positive thinking. But no, he is suggesting that Germans are too miserly to give any reward.

This is absolutely nonsense. Been driving taxi in Germany myself. They tip quite generously.

MobileContent seems to be a very negative person. Pity him.

Of course they tip well but Taxi drivers don't expect a tip for returning a bag they left a few minutes before in the taxi. If you don't return the bag you will be charged by the police and loose your taxi licence. 

In Thailand it is a different story.

As for me a trip from Tegel Airport to Kreuzberg cost me around 24-25 Euros and I always tip and rounded up to 30 Euros.

The only guy that is negative is you :cheesy:

32 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Utter bullsh.t.  Been driving taxi in Germany. Received a lot of tip. 90 % very pleasant people.

The only bullshit comes from you. My post was very clear and I pointed out that tips are not needed if you forget your bag in a taxi as it is expected to return the bag to the passenger.

You seem to either not understand English or just have a another bad day in Thailand. :clap2:

6 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

That is absolutely untrue. I do know Germany quite well and I would estimate that in Germany the driver would get at least BHT20,000 . Why do you make misleading statements of this nature?

Not true. If you loose a bag and the driver finds the bag of the passenger he would call the Zentrale (the Taxi company) which most of the time have the phone number of the passenger. Furthermore a driver is required to return the item to his taxi company and the bag will be stored their or if the client drove the passenger to a hotel he MUST CONTACT the hotel. If the hotel has a name with the passenger, he/she will come down to the reception and claim that bag.

A tip is not required but surely appreciated but not expected because taxi is expensive in Germany.

Archived