BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snackbar

She's petite and light hearted but hopeless.

I've been married for a year to a woman I've dated for 6 years. She can't cook, doesn't know the meaning of cleaning properly. Puts my stuff in random places and is as thick as two short pkanks. Except she knows how to study, has a good memory, is careful with money and juggles 6-8 bank accounts. And has a university degree.

Any intellectual discussion is beyond her. She has a miss placed loyalty to deceitful family members and is Thai thru and thru.

As a Thai she has odd views on everything a westener takes for granted. She's never read a book for the pleasure. Can't do simple maths. Has no knowledge of world events or natural history. No interest in current events. The only news she watches is a repitition of an award ceremony, graduation ceremony or some men clad in orange chanting an ancient language.

I know it's Thailand, and yes I can leave any time I like. But it baffles me how she can't see through the nonsense of it all. How she has been programmed to accept the daily ambiguity.

If only she could get her head around pie and chips. A nice cooked breakfast now and then. Poached egg with smoked salmon and a bit of dill.

All I get offered is a boiled egg and or toast.

Beutiful, honest but hopeless.

Great post.

Sounds alot like mine in some respects.

Wouldn't trade her in for the world.

Cheers

Begs an obvious question though, doesn't it?

You had five years to work it out, so I imagine the pros outweigh the cons as far as your concerned.

Nice to see an honest assessment though. 

10 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Begs an obvious question though, doesn't it?

Yes it does.  You would think the OP would have figured this out before he married her.  Another example of why some farang men in Thailand are such bizarre creatures.

Could be mines twin sister, mine does not cook, gets her sis to do the cleaning and ironing and i have no idea how much is in her 5 bank books. Conversation gets uncomfortable if it goes beyond food, family, music and if it's raining or not. has a terrible temper, argumentative and nags. Pretty sure it was not like this 14 years ago when we met, seems like another person. :wub:

Problem is, by the time you figure out your communication difficulties aren't just cultural and language, you're in too deep to throw 'em back. 

sounds like the opposite of mine. she is older than me and nothing special to look at. is an amazingly devoted mother and keeps the house extremely clean. luckily our kids take after me in the looks department..

willemily.jpg

1 hour ago, Snackbar said:

All I get offered is a boiled egg and or toast.

All sounds very good to me, mind you I really am not a fan of dill.  She sounds otherwise very normal.

We've been together over 6 years, she's thrifty, a great cook, you could eat off the floors the house is so clean, the garden is a picture, all thanks to her. OK, conversation can be a bit limited, but she's not stupid and has a natural curiosity about the world, and she genuinely cares for me, as I do for her, so the good far outweighs the bad.

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Great post.

Sounds alot like mine in some respects.

Wouldn't trade her in for the world.

Cheers

Yet.

Beutiful, honest but hopeless.

In almost all cases farangs get gold-diggers twenty or more years their junior, idle deadbeats, Thai men's rejects, manky old spinsters, divorcees with zillions of kids, and so on.

Look out for posts on this forum from a guy called RichardSmith. He seems to have a normal marriage. He talks a lot of sense, too.

All other marriages are jokes. You're just fooling yourself.

11 minutes ago, Fabricus said:

In almost all cases farangs get gold-diggers twenty or more years their junior, idle deadbeats, Thai men's rejects, manky old spinsters, divorcees with zillions of kids, and so on.

Look out for posts on this forum from a guy called RichardSmith. He seems to have a normal marriage. He talks a lot of sense, too.

All other marriages are jokes. You're just fooling yourself.

How would you know what someone else's marriage is like unless you know them personally? Another smug, judgemental prat who thinks he knows it all. Alone are we?

54 minutes ago, giddyup said:

How would you know what someone else's marriage is like unless you know them personally? Another smug, judgemental prat who thinks he knows it all. Alone are we?

No. I'm not alone.

Unlike the majority of western fools (most of whom can't speak, read or write Thai) I know what goes goes on here.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Thai men also know the truth, btw. They laugh at farangs. Do you ever wonder why?

1 hour ago, Fabricus said:

No. I'm not alone.

Unlike the majority of western fools (most of whom can't speak, read or write Thai) I know what goes goes on here.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Thai men also know the truth, btw. They laugh at farangs. Do you ever wonder why?

As I said, a smug, judgmental prat, who thinks he knows it all.