She's petite and light hearted but hopeless.

Snackbar

23 minutes ago, Jedsada3 said:

They know that their 300 THB daily salary will be too short to go sleep without thoughts so why do they have to know about square yards, millilitre and 1.35% interest?

They were born with worries, live with worries and certainly will die with worries.

How strange, I don't meet any Thais that worry like that. Those around me are completely happy if they have enough food to eat and a place to stay for today and tomorrow.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, akentryan said:

I had 3 divorces in the USA and one marriage here in Thailand. She was a lawyer and passed away after 23 years of prosperous bliss. Learned to speak English quite well. Now live with a 39 year ex-bar girl who is learning passable English very quickly. I speak enough Thai so we can communicate. She is my gardener, housekeeper, cook, dishwasher, pool cleaner and true companion and a helluva lot of fun while never asking for money. Wasn't easy finding the right one - I had four failed candidates before the present one. Keep looking gentlemen, there is a "right one" out there for you

.... and if it turns out not to be the 'right one'  then dust yourself down, get out there and find another.

There is no shortage of potential candidates.

1 hour ago, Jedsada3 said:

I can imagine that people who wakes up everyday with the worry of how they or they relatives will manage to pay their debt or with the worry of how they will manage to feed the children or with any other worries don't have the mood to know what happens in Syria or what currency they use in Laos.

They know that their 300 THB daily salary will be too short to go sleep without thoughts so why do they have to know about square yards, millilitre and 1.35% interest?

They were born with worries, live with worries and certainly will die with worries.

Sometimes, they see a light and they hope and are happy. Sometimes it's for a short moment then the light goes out when the Farang goes back home.

Don't blame anyone because they don't want to know what happens around them. We don't know what happens in them.

I have to say that "worry" is the last hashtag I would pin on a Thai.

Irresponsibility has it's rewards

I have never yet met a Thai who cannot get to seep in 2 minutes flat.

9 hours ago, freebyrd said:

Ask a Thai if they know Galileo, or who invented the Telephone  or what civilization  was the first democracy  in the world . Most will not know .

Fair comment, but that would be true of most people in the UK under 40 and most in the USA of any age.

I daresay if most falangs were to be set an examination on Thai history, or the fundamental tenets of Buddhism, they would fail dismally.

Ignorance is not exclusive to Thailand. Many Americans reject Darwin's theory of evolution. The British have a statue in Whitehall of Sir Douglas Haig, possibly the worst general in any nation's history. Australia has the One Nation political party.

I accept my Thai GF has a different education and background to me. So what?

On 03/08/2016 at 2:05 PM, Snackbar said:

She can't cook, doesn't know the meaning of cleaning properly. Puts my stuff in random places and is as thick as two short planks. Except she knows how to study, has a good memory, is careful with money and juggles 6-8 bank accounts. And has a university degree.

Sounds like many - in Asia, can't tie their own shoelace.

Great reads.

I feel very fortunate in many regards. My wife is incredibly intelligent and has a degree in the medicine field. We moved to the US for awhile and she adapted with incredible ease. She on her own found a Thai Wat in our area and quickly networked. She found a job in no time and takes a lot of pride in contributing to the bank acct.  She took the driver license test in English albeit she could have taken it in Thai. She is an incredible cook. She can manage finances well and she only has one bank book and that is our joint one. She has a huge heart and shares unconditionally. She is also extremely caring and gentle but has a unique humorous side about her with a witty personality. She also gets on well with just about everybody she meets. We get along fantastic but like any relationship we have our moments and those are usually cultural related(and sometimes related to that "Happy Time". Sometimes she cares TOO much and feels she needs to fix everything. She is mid 40's and I am mid 50's. 

Western women leave thai women in the dust when it comes to intellectual meaningful conversation. You simply can't have a brilliant long term sex life if you only ever talk about what you want eat hon? And rain come today hon.. I think the proof is in the insane bickering among long term posters,  proof for sure the home life is frustrating as hell. 

22 hours ago, Fabricus said:

In almost all cases farangs get gold-diggers twenty or more years their junior, idle deadbeats, Thai men's rejects, manky old spinsters, divorcees with zillions of kids, and so on.

Look out for posts on this forum from a guy called RichardSmith. He seems to have a normal marriage. He talks a lot of sense, too.

All other marriages are jokes. You're just fooling yourself.

Where did you find yours then?

21 hours ago, Fabricus said:

No. I'm not alone.

Unlike the majority of western fools (most of whom can't speak, read or write Thai) I know what goes goes on here.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Thai men also know the truth, btw. They laugh at farangs. Do you ever wonder why?

Maybe just you?

15 hours ago, justaphase said:

Sounds about right to me. I've had 2 as well in 16 years and never had a chat about anything.

Shallow, narrow minded, simple, brain washed...

Maybe she needs to find another man....we aren't as all as thick as you

14 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

You hit the nail on the Head. Sounds like you have a lovely wife but "she knows nothing  other than Thailand". THis is the very reason Thailand is having problems politically and financially. A successful nation must have a bar in which to gauge its success or lack of success . That bar is is other nations and its history and culture. With Thais they are only exposed to their culture and any other culture has no merit to it . This is the root to most of Thailand problems. Ask a Thai if they know Galileo, or who invented the Telephone  or what civilization  was the first democracy  in the world . Most will not know . Its proper education and as of now its no were in Thailand

Ask a lot of young people in the world the same questions and they couldn't answer as it is irrelevant to them.

Give them five seconds on Wikipedia and they will make you feel like an ignorant moron.

The world has changed old son...get used to it.

Google Thai history and you will know more about the history of SEA in 30 minutes than you ever knew, or cared about, in your safe and secure school back in the old country.

13 hours ago, JSixpack said:

She's huge and grim and hopeless

True story. My friend Joe Blow has been married for 30 years to an American woman he had dated 1 year. She can cook, but usually won't, doesn't know the meaning of cleaning properly. She says cleaning aggravates her allergies, so Joe has do all the cleaning, including her bathroom. She doesn't put stuff anywhere, so their home has always been chaotic. But she's very smart, once knew how to study, has a selective memory, is careless with money and so she and Joe have always had maxed out credit cards, living from paycheck to paycheck. And has a university degree.

Any intellectual discussion is beyond her. She has a miss placed loyalty to worthless family members, has wasted a fortune on their tattooed, lazy, high school dropout daughters, and is American liberal thru and thru.

As an American liberal she has rigid stereotypical views and a million uninformed opinions on everything, which Joe has had to listen to and with which he has to agree. She's always reading books for the pleasure but all of them are rubbish novels. Can't do simple maths. Has no knowledge of world events or natural history. No interest in current events except what Stephen Colbert brings up or the cartoons in The Washington Post. The only news she watches is breaking news about, say, Bernie Sanders.

I know it's the USA and yes Joe can leave any time he likes (well, maybe just check out). But it baffles me how she can't see through the nonsense of it all. How she has been programmed to accept the daily certainty that dare not be questioned.

She's certainly got her head around pie and chips, hence the whole family look like pigs and have metabolic syndrome and take pills. In fact a doc recently told her if she doesn't diet and exercise she'll have a heart attack within five years. A nice cooked breakfast now and then is the signal to pig out. Poached egg with smoked salmon and a bit of dill is unheard of, being far too non-fattening.

Yet Joe refuses to move to Thailand and find a good Thai wife such as you have. What a relief that would be. How he has been programmed to accept his situation that I couldn't tolerate more than 5 minutes!

Maybe get some antidote to the Thai women bashing here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

Sounds a bit like the ex girlfriend from Philadelphia. When she came to Oz I was 80kg...when we split I was 120kg.....she grew in the same proportion. Clever lady, accountant, but as dumb as dog shit to anything outside of, not the USA, but the tristate area.

Problem is after everything is said and done, 90% of married farang have dog ugly wives. Slightly slimmer but without the breasts of the western ex so that makes it sort of even but then we need to compare brains and ugghhh thais rate only one notch above Cambodians 

12 hours ago, Ponlamai said:

Just had a similar experience myself with a Thai lass, only 13 years younger than me. She was divorced from a European national a few years ago. She seemed OK at first, but quickly it became clear why she is divorced!

It proved impossible to have an intelligent conversation together in spite of the fact that she has a university degree.

She turned out to be a jealous, suspicious, controlling and rather cool and remote partner, but is clinging on like a leach in the hope that I will marry her.

This experience has been costly in more than one way I might add.

Good luck to all of you with regards a Thai relationship. In my 14 years of experience here, I can see why it is not easy to find a suitable partner. Good luck to all of you.

Might help if you gave your age too....13 years younger could mean you 41 and she is 27 or it could mean you are 55 and she is 42......big difference old mate.

12 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Problem is after everything is said and done, 90% of married farang have dog ugly wives. Slightly slimmer but without the breasts of the western ex so that makes it sort of even but then we need to compare brains and ugghhh thais rate only one notch above Cambodians 

Seriously?And what is wrong with Khmer girls,I think they are the most beautiful women in South-East Asia personally?
Who cares about breasts or brains or anything as long as you wake up happy with a big smile on your face?

4 minutes ago, MyFrenU said:

What do questustion marks denote in your language (Neanderthal) generally?

Dude if brains beauty and Breasts  mean nothing to you then why not Just buy a Hamster

Western women leave thai women in the dust when it comes to intellectual meaningful conversation. You simply can't have a brilliant long term sex life if you only ever talk about what you want eat hon? And rain come today hon.. I think the proof is in the insane bickering among long term posters,  proof for sure the home life is frustrating as hell.

I've read some utter rubbish on here before but this post has to win the gold medal.

I'd love to know your definition of intellectual meaningful conversation? I bet you don't speak Thai. If you did you may find that many, many Thai women are capable of deep and meaningful conversation. They just do it in their own language in the same way that Western women speak in theirs. I’d also love to know how you equate any of this with a brilliant long term sex life?

The insane bickering that goes on here that you refer to is probably from people who have had their fingers burned by Thai women. Quite why they hang around on here, I have no idea.

34 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Beauty and brains are definitely an asset, but personality and character will determine the length of the relationship. You can get that here, but not where most guys are looking.

Beautifully put, and true.

12 hours ago, bazza40 said:

I daresay if most falangs were to be set an examination on Thai history, or the fundamental tenets of Buddhism, they would fail dismally.

Ignorance is not exclusive to Thailand. Many Americans reject Darwin's theory of evolution. The British have a statue in Whitehall of Sir Douglas Haig, possibly the worst general in any nation's history. Australia has the One Nation political party.

I accept my Thai GF has a different education and background to me. So what?

You seem to have missed my point. I was merely dtating that people in other countries have similar 'faults'.

I've read some utter rubbish on here before but this post has to win the gold medal.

I'd love to know your definition of intellectual meaningful conversation? I bet you don't speak Thai. If you did you may find that many, many Thai women are capable of deep and meaningful conversation. They just do it in their own language in the same way that Western women speak in theirs. I’d also love to know how you equate any of this with a brilliant long term sex life?

The insane bickering that goes on here that you refer to is probably from people who have had their fingers burned by Thai women. Quite why they hang around on here, I have no idea.

10 years with the same woman in bangkok. Absolutely perfect English spoken and written as is required for her upper management position in an international firm but she is brain dead as they all are when it comes to intellectual meaningful conversation, if you don't know what that means then it's no wonder your comfortable with a thai.

I'm no longer with her. Just rent by the hour now and I can put up with brain dead when it's a firm 20 year old [emoji1]

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Mudcrab said:

Ask a lot of young people in the world the same questions and they couldn't answer as it is irrelevant to them.

Give them five seconds on Wikipedia and they will make you feel like an ignorant moron.

The world has changed old son...get used to it.

Google Thai history and you will know more about the history of SEA in 30 minutes than you ever knew, or cared about, in your safe and secure school back in the old country.

Then it would seem your not well educated  Although the information is there on  Wikipedia for the educated it is just a reference. You are missing the point . If you are educated about the world around you then you are worldly It is a sorry state of affairs that the students in Thailand know little about the outside world  and cannot make sound desertions based on  what they know as apposed to what the reality in the world is

10 years with the same woman in bangkok. Absolutely perfect English spoken and written as is required for her upper management position in an international firm but she is brain dead as they all are when it comes to intellectual meaningful conversation, if you don't know what that means then it's no wonder your comfortable with a thai.

I'm no longer with her. Just rent by the hour now and I can put up with brain dead when it's a firm 20 year old emoji1.png

Your comments tell us more about you than any Thai women. Unless she has a ferang dad and a Thai mum who taught her both languages when she was very young, she doesn't have "absolutely perfect English". Methinks she chucked you out after ten years and you are pi**ed off about it.

Still you can always get your fix of your intellectual meaningful conversation in your local bar.

Archived