Not your usual raid - wealthy women scurry out as police pounce on gigolo bar!

webfact

3 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Why aren't they charging them with what was really going on instead of licensing and alcohol violations? I guess they just don't want to admit the truth?

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, ergo; there is no prostitution!:whistling:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

What was "really going on" if the ladies were able to run straight out of the bar when the raid started?...

"...catered to the needs of the ladies over drinks and food."

I guess the truth is that nothing else but licencing infractions was going on.

You mean when the ladies were allowed to run out? Anyway it doesn't really matter they got the bad guys.

58 minutes ago, balo said:

So this is the way you should dress , denim shirts and jeans to impress the rich Thai women ? 

If you're wearing the required dress of the bar's employees, yes.

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Let em be already! Why should blokes have all the fun with available totty everywhere? Must be tough for 'real' (:whistling:) mature Thai ladies to get a bit of strange semi-discreetly. Army would be better served running around the jungle training, or summat.

Are you implying that the army is chasing its own tail? In this case they were chasing tail of a different sort. I guess they got caught up on all the serious crime in Thailand and decided to do this little side trip. I hope none of their wives were there. 

11 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, ergo; there is no prostitution!:whistling:

What has the legal status of prostitution in Thaialnd got to do with a raid were there was no prostitution going on, nor any mention of it?

7 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

You mean when the ladies were allowed to run out? Anyway it doesn't really matter they got the bad guys.

Yes, that's what I mean, just as I said.

There used to be one of these on Sukie at soi13, it was effectively a reverse go go. I knew some girls years ago who used to go these from time to time, just for something different they said. Well yes, isn't that what everyone says!

Young men catered to the needs of the ladies over drinks and food.

Did something in the original article in Thai say they were having sex? They guys aren't in underwear and bow ties. 

Maybe the arrest and charges of being unlicensed are justified.

33 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

What has the legal status of prostitution in Thaialnd got to do with a raid were there was no prostitution going on, nor any mention of it?

As the headline called it a "gigolo bar", it certainly implies that there was prostitution.

Probably just a Thai headline thing....

I am now intrigued gd, why you are so keenly trying to deny the prostitution angle!;)

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

I find the whole "incident" some what humorous. 

I think it's very discriminatory, no farang gigilo's seen or probably even allowed, Thai girls service farang guys, so why can't farang guys service Thai women.

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i have heard from a few girls that thai men are for love and western men are for money. in my friends bar i asked where the girls sleep when they dont have a customer. she showed me a single small room upstairs. i said 8 girls sleep in this one small room? her reply was that generally no one sleeps there as when they dont have a customer or boyfriend in town they go stay with their thai boyfriends. i told one of my western employees this and he refused to believe it saying 'no they dont like thai men' think some people refuse to believe the truth.

They will stay with tbf as long as they hand over the money to bf.

Just noticed this thread and it makes things a lot clearer...

Last night wife came home early in a foul mood claiming that the karaoke she attended had closed early.

I had always wondered why she went to such a bar as she is tone deaf.

The fact that she insisted on me doing unspeakable things to her was not a serious problem in itself  but her making me wear a denim jacket and calling me somchai was a little too much to bear.

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

Gee, ya think? Of course, many Thai girls prefer Thai men; just like many farang men prefer farang women. Bar girls buying drinks and even supporting their lovers is nothing new--just that too many farangs have never seen that side of it; when was the last time a bar girl even bought you a drink? Sometimes women need to be able to actually communicate and even establish a relationship; and sometimes it's strictly physical. Just like older men like younger women; older women like younger men--is that really difficult to comprehend?

i cant understand why bargirls would go somewhere and buy thai guys drinks and pay them for their services. certainly not the done thing by western woman in the western world. bar girls sit around in bars 29 days a month, think they would rather do something else with their spare time. hard for me to understand any of it, guess i will just have to give it some more thought.

21 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i cant understand why bargirls would go somewhere and buy thai guys drinks and pay them for their services. certainly not the done thing by western woman in the western world. bar girls sit around in bars 29 days a month, think they would rather do something else with their spare time. hard for me to understand any of it, guess i will just have to give it some more thought.

It is done all the time in the Western world.  Try google "female sex tourism."  

18 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Maybe the bar girl wants to play the controller, the person who pays and gets the deep wai, the person who sets the rules, the scope etc., for just one time in her life / once a month.

Maybe the bar girl wants to be the person who ogles and selects rather than be 1 of the 10, 20 whatever who line to be ogled and joked about by the male customers.

Just human nature ... 

Archived