Chinese men taking on dead Thais' identities to open businesses in Thailand

webfact

Chinese men taking on dead Thais' identities to open businesses in Thailand

a4.jpg

Image: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- The case of Chinese nationals taking on the identity of dead Thai people in order to open businesses in Thailand is expanding.

Following the arrest of two men on Tuesday - one who is Chinese and one who arranged for him to take on a false identity - a tour company was raided in the Rama 9 area of Bangkok yesterday, reported tnamcot.

The Xinyuan Travel Company was an agency opened by Somkiat Khongcharoen. Somkiat is in fact a Chinese man who took on a dead man's name. This, police say, was arranged by another man arrested Tuesday called Thawan Jemchokchai.

Police say that Thawan has a long history of this crime helping to set up Chinese men with lives and businesses in Thailand.

Around 50 soldiers, customs officers and police from the Makkasan station took part in yesterday's raid on the travel agency in which a large amount of evidence was seized.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-05

depends on who the originator of the plot is.in either case it is difficult to understand how they assume the identity of the dead Thai. are deaths  not reported and registered in thailand. if they are then any future documentation against that dead person's name will show red flags.

And this is a great example of why racism is so wrong. 

You can own businesses here based off pretending to be Thai. You can only pull if off with the correct fake paperwork and look. Try this if you don't look Thai.

It's like when I went to a wax museum with about 20 Thai family members. They wanted to sting me for 10 times the price. My missus' old dear (who's Vietnamese) paid Thai prices. "Well, that's because I speak fluent Thai" she said. "No, it's cos you look Thai. No one even spoke to you. They simply pointed at me and demanded I pay farang prices". And before you say "If you don't like it.....". Yes, I simply said no and walked away. As is my prerogative. 

I didn't pay full price in the end. It's amazing how crappy businesses with very few customers react when 20 potential customers say they won't enter unless I pay the same price. 

6 hours ago, mcfish said:

50 soldiers? I think I saw Jackie Chan take on that number and win so best to be cautious

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

50 Thai Generals - they can cut your hands to shreds with their medals when you hit them......

13 hours ago, Srikcir said:

And who says Thais are not innovative?

And who says that for the past several centuries that Thailand has been anything other than the semi-autonomous most southern province (monthorn, มณฑล ) of the Middle Kingdom.

Archived