Six dead, 40 injured after Bangkok bound tour bus crashes head on into 10 wheeler

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Artisi said:

Just arrived in Thailand did you (joking),  it's never ever, couldn't be , impossible, beyond all realms of possibility that the / a driver could ever be at fault. You should know it is only ever brakes, road, rain , sharp curve, downhill,  buffalo on road, or some other mindless and brainless excuse.

Ah!  you forget one important cause of bus accidents  "The driver was not familiar with the road"      All bus drivers should have to either walk or ride a bike along the road before they attempt to drive along it.  Tongue in cheek of course.

9 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Sensationalism I have taken many many night buses,  never had a problem. So your comment is a mental note to yourself I presume.

Rubbish !  6 years ago i took a night bus from Buriram to Pattaya. Spent half the night waking the driver up, in fact he eventually threatened to put me off !  I swore then that i would never travel on a long distance bus again, and have not to this day.

18 hours ago, madmitch said:

For once, very unusually, that is NOT what the article says. Try reading it before making comments.

Read it and not sure who was to blame. Was it the speedy truck who was on his own side of the road, the sleepy bus driver who crashed thru the central reservation or the slippy road surface caused by the rain ?

The trouble with trying not to blame anyone so as not to scare off tourists, is you end up blaming everyone and scaring off tourists.

16 minutes ago, berybert said:

Read it and not sure who was to blame. Was it the speedy truck who was on his own side of the road, the sleepy bus driver who crashed thru the central reservation or the slippy road surface caused by the rain ?

The trouble with trying not to blame anyone so as not to scare off tourists, is you end up blaming everyone and scaring off tourists.

None of the above reasons,  it was the little green men in funny hats -  definitely, yes, no argument, investigation completed, next crash please. 

9 hours ago, Thian said:

I do worry about all those accidents with buses and boats. I can't believe the big General doesn't see this. Why doesn't he order the police to fine all drivers who are speeding with public transport vehicles?

I can't believe how stupid they are....Seems that they don't give a dime about big roadaccidents or eachothers lives.

Why would they worry? All the casualties will return in the next life. Chart Na!

23 hours ago, madmitch said:

For once, very unusually, that is NOT what the article says. Try reading it before making comments.

"As the bus entered Sikiew, there was heavy rain.  The bus skidded due to slippery road surface.....".

The bus didn't skid due to the slippery road surface, as we all know.  It skidded, no doubt, because the driver was driving too fast for the road conditions; part of the Thai Culture, I'm afraid.  However, saltandpepper's post just shows that he has a sense of humour, something that it appears you lack.  Try reading between the lines before making comments.

May the deceased Rest In Peace and condolences to families and friends. Wishing a speedy recovery to those injured.

The Government can quickly throw a man in jail for feeding fish but are inept at reducing road trauma. I ask myself, "What are their (Government) priorities"?  It seems they have more time/sympathy for fish than their fellow citizens :coffee1:

As expected alot of naging inhere again about Thai busdrivers. And sure we have many winners again. :clap2:

Maybe spend a little more time searching  on google. Just did it for " bus driver fell asleep" and found dozens of same accidents in the US , UK  and all over the world. Just in the last 2 years only.

So they all must be Thai busdrivers then working abroat because this only can/will happen with Thai.

It's a simple test would you put your own kids and wife on a long distance over night big bus . If your answer is no then we we visitors thank you for your assistance on this one personally after many years visiting Thailand I would not take big overnight buses going all night  ( I recall the 4 deaths not long ago of the Brit gap year students going north) Again I think it's was pouring down. Better to go daytime or spend  a bit on quality transport or drive yourself if it's possible and you have many years experience in Europe. God rest their souls and their families. 

Sorry Foexie but I think you will find Thai road accidents very high compared to other similar countries. I grant you at certain times there is a lot of Thais on big buses going a long distance as at holidays. Things are improving I can see that here in Hua Hin with better control of the big through roads and the limitation of U turns etc., But looks like the government need to look more carefully at the management and control of these monsters hurtling through the night at high speeds with possibly over tired Thai drivers. Europe has drastically reduced accident deaths so I am sure Thai govt can too. 

Archived