Young Aussie plunges to death from Bangkok hotel balcony - body found completely naked

rooster59

Young Aussie plunges to death from Bangkok hotel balcony - body found completely naked

559000007792101.JPEG

Image: Manager

BANGKOK:-- Mystery surrounds the death of a 25 year old Australian man who fell to his death from a hotel bedroom at a four star hotel in the Surawong area of Bangkok.

The naked body of Joshua Edward Beath was found on the "M" floor of the unnamed hotel by a maid in the early hours of the morning.

He had checked into the hotel the day before with a Thai woman that the Thai press reported was his girlfriend.

Room 788 on the seventh floor was checked by Bang Rak police and no signs of a struggle were detected.

A door leading to the balcony was open. The dead man's fingerprints and footprints were found on the balcony. An autopsy was carried out at the Police Hospital following the discovery of the body on Friday morning last week.

The local press reported that he was Austrian. But Thaivisa discovered that he was in fact Australian after an obituary appeared in the Herald Sun in Melbourne.

Family members said that he had died as the "result of an accident". Several relatives names were in the obit dated August 2nd that added: "We will miss your cheeky grin and your humorous intellect and huge heart."

No mention was made of a Thai girlfriend or any other details in relation to his death.

At the time of the discovery of the body Bang Rak police said they were gathering evidence and were keen to interview the woman who had checked in with the Australian on the 28th of July.

Source: Manager and SiamRath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-06

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, taichiplanet said:

some balcony rails are fairly low, quite easy to over balance if in a sleepy or dazed state. nearly done it myself a couple of times.

I should have died as I often was drunk, being an alcoholic, and lived on the 19th floor for 2 years.

There but for the grace of God 

The local press reported that he was Austrian. But Thaivisa discovered that he was in fact Australian after an obituary appeared in the Herald Sun in Melbourne.

Austrian, Australian, same same.  Farang is farang.  :-)

Next year the Australian Boys Choir is performing in Bangkok.  

5 minutes ago, Lex Talionis said:

The family believe it was an accident. They must know something that we don't.  Have to admit though that his being found naked is a bit suspicious. 

I have stood many a hotel room balcony at night in my manhood.

I am the King of my Castle.

If he had been found only wearing a condom then it would be suspicious.

1 minute ago, Lex Talionis said:

The family believe it was an accident. They must know something that we don't.  Have to admit though that his being found naked is a bit suspicious. 

it is common in australia to refer to suicides as accidents. it must make the perpetrator's families feel better. australians have a strange relationship with death. no one ever DIES in oz, they pass away, get taken prematurely, loose a battle with cancer, go on their last journey and so on. it took me minutes to understand that oz wife #2's mother had died after she told me ' mum is gone'.

22 minutes ago, manfredtillmann said:

it is common in australia to refer to suicides as accidents. it must make the perpetrator's families feel better. australians have a strange relationship with death. no one ever DIES in oz, they pass away, get taken prematurely, loose a battle with cancer, go on their last journey and so on. it took me minutes to understand that oz wife #2's mother had died after she told me ' mum is gone'.

In this case then it should read "took his last flight" or "bangkoked 'till he dropped" or I suspect " goodbye and you'll fly"

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

It never gets easier reading about these young guys making such permanent choices for what is most often temporary tough luck.

Maybe the choice wasn't his. 

1 hour ago, digibum said:

Austrian, Australian, same same.  Farang is farang.  :-)

Next year the Australian Boys Choir is performing in Bangkok.  

Or should your smart comment  be --  Australian Vienna Boys Choir?

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

But Thaivisa discovered that he was in fact Australian after an obituary appeared in the Herald Sun in Melbourne.

Good sleuthing by the TV guys.

1 hour ago, taichiplanet said:

-some balcony rails are fairly low, quite easy to over balance if in a sleepy or dazed state. nearly done it myself a couple of times.

Might well be time for a change to the building code (ha ha ha ha ha) and change balcony heights to at least 1.5 metres - very difficult to "fall-over" that height.

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

Fishy.

I wouldn't strip of my clothes if I had the plan to kill myself.

Looks more like he got some "help" during or after a sex session.

Because we all know people are thinking quite rationally when they jump.

2 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Fishy.

Thaivisa is lucky to have Sherlock Holmes as a member. What else have you deducted?

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Fishy.

If you're wearing something loose the fall will strip you naked anyway.

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Problem is because of so much smoke and mirrors in Thailand it makes everyone suspicious of fowl play.  Could have been so many things but the result is the same. RIP

Were there chickens involved?

Archived