Young Aussie plunges to death from Bangkok hotel balcony - body found completely naked

rooster59

4 hours ago, Johnniey said:

I should have died as I often was drunk, being an alcoholic, and lived on the 19th floor for 2 years.

There but for the grace of God 

4 hours ago, Johnniey said:

I should have died as I often was drunk, being an alcoholic, and lived on the 19th floor for 2 years.

There but for the grace of God 

Huh? Actually none of  the thousands of nonexistent gods had anything to do with it. YOU just weren't drunk enough or stupid enough...though obviously the former rather than the latter! :cheesy:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many years ago, after flipping from hotel to hotel on a pan European business trip, I stumbled out of bed pissed and starkers one night, and in trying to find the bog found myself locked outside the hotel room.

I could easily have gone in the other direction.

In my case, strategic use of a potted plant and the fact that there was no-one up at that time of night allowed me to get the attention of a highly amused night porter from the lift in reception, who was kind enough to lend me his jacket to spare my blushes, and accompanied me to let me back into the room.

I'm guessing the hotel CCTV footage has a large, glowing, red person on it if it still exists.

There is no need to jump to the stupidly automatic CSI:TV conclusion that the young man was thrown to his death.

Why can not the police check on the CCTV footage of the hotel, entrance. reception and public corridors. Does not the Reception of the hotel maintain the copies of ID for the purpose required by all hotels in Thailand? Its all a bit suspicious....atleast that the conclusion I am left to ascertain based on all balcony episodes in Thailand...... Death traps to all foreigners......still not found out why they choose the balcony....

Is there any statistics how many die from falling from balconies? seems a plausible excuse......hahahahah

11 minutes ago, car720 said:

When is Thai Visa going to run a survey to see how many people think they are murdering us daily with impunity?

I thought they did, but nobody bothered to vote.

So Thailand came in as "Scrumdilyicious". (or something like that)

some balcony rails are fairly low, quite easy to over balance if in a sleepy or dazed state. nearly done it myself a couple of times.

Even more so in some of the cheaper hotels like.this one.
An accident that gets ruled a suicide

4 hours ago, clockman said:

Check out, www.farang-deaths.com scary stuff.

Is it scary though?  186 deaths are on that site in the past 7 months out of the 400,000 expats and millions of tourists.  The world average rate of death is 7.8 per 1000, so we would expect over 3000 expats alone to die per year even if they did not have an average age in the 50's.  This reporting of every fatal fall is just typical tabloid pandering to hysteria, in the US there are 30,000 deaths by falling per year, that is a rate of 0.096 per 1000, so in Thailand, of just the expats, we might expect to see about 40 per year, and there are about that many, nothing to see here.

31 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Many years ago, after flipping from hotel to hotel on a pan European business trip, I stumbled out of bed pissed and starkers one night, and in trying to find the bog found myself locked outside the hotel room.

I could easily have gone in the other direction.

In my case, strategic use of a potted plant and the fact that there was no-one up at that time of night allowed me to get the attention of a highly amused night porter from the lift in reception, who was kind enough to lend me his jacket to spare my blushes, and accompanied me to let me back into the room.

I'm guessing the hotel CCTV footage has a large, glowing, red person on it if it still exists.

There is no need to jump to the stupidly automatic CSI:TV conclusion that the young man was thrown to his death.

55,something similar happened to a mate in Surin.Woke up on a bench on a different floor and a nearby pot plant had a suspicious yellow puddle on the floor.

Is it scary though?  186 deaths are on that site in the past 7 months out of the 400,000 expats and millions of tourists.  The world average rate of death is 7.8 per 1000, so we would expect over 3000 expats alone to die per year even if they did not have an average age in the 50's.  This reporting of every fatal fall is just typical tabloid pandering to hysteria, in the US there are 30,000 deaths by falling per year, that is a rate of 0.096 per 1000, so in Thailand, of just the expats, we might expect to see about 40 per year, and there are about that many, nothing to see here.

Good point.

so much risky behavior displayed here by double digit IQ bodies fuelled with alcohol and drugs.

Example. Go to phuket anytime and watch the tourists riding over the limit without helmets smoking cigarettes or using their cell phones

6 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

It never gets easier reading about these young guys making such permanent choices for what is most often temporary tough luck.

People arekilling themselves everywhere everyday. thailand gets off easy. Keep yr perspective.

7 hours ago, digibum said:

AustrianAustrianralian, same same.  Farang is farang.  :-)

Next year the Australian Boys Choir is performing in Bangkok.  

Your attempt at humour is disgusting.

Some of my American friends confuse Austrian with Australian. 

No big deal, especially when compared with the main fact that some guy died.

May he rest in peace.

Archived