Young Aussie plunges to death from Bangkok hotel balcony - body found completely naked

rooster59

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the deceased and the girlfriend know the truth and I doubt if we ever will know what really happened and some of the comments are a bit insensitive what if some of his family are reading your comments how would you like if it was your son or brother.

R.I.P young man and condolences to his family.

9 hours ago, badger222 said:

the balconies are made for thai size and not for farangs. Being naked cannot always be linked to sex, it's bloody hot here

And just what is Thai size these days? The certainly are getting taller

3 hours ago, Tahneejade said:

To all you horrible people commenting rude stuff you are so disrespectful. This man is my cousin and was very loved by so many people. You have no bloody right! 

Dear Tahneejade.

There are some dreadful people on Thaivisa, respect and sensitivity are alien concepts to them. The amateur detectives can't possibly know all the available facts of what happened only the police and other professionals involved can find out what really happened. A lot of the  other comments are just gossip.

Just treat their silly comments with the contempt they deserve. In your situation I wouldn't bother to read this rubbish

You have my sympathy on the tragic death of your cousin 

So many comments referring to "suicide" where do you get this idea, it certainly  isn't  mentioned in this story. One thing I have noticed, so many deaths when a "girlfriend/katoey" is present, few happen when guys are alone.

3 hours ago, Tahneejade said:

To all you horrible people commenting rude stuff you are so disrespectful. This man is my cousin and was very loved by so many people. You have no bloody right! 

I would respectfully suggest you, and the deceass family/friends, do not read Thaivisa, having posted here I would suggest you would be aware of the dribble that is posts.

1 minute ago, Rorri said:

I would respectfully suggest you, and the deceased family/friends, do not read Thaivisa, having posted here I would suggest you would be aware of the dribble that is posts.

Including your own, saying, "girlfiends/katoeys" -  absolutely uncalled for and totally ignorant.

7 minutes ago, Rorri said:

So many comments referring to "suicide" where do you get this idea, it certainly  isn't  mentioned in this story. One thing I have noticed, so many deaths when a "girlfriend/katoey" is present, few happen when guys are alone.

I also jumped to the conclusion it was suicide but am now thinking it could have been accidental. I think a toxicology report would clear things up.

9 hours ago, mcfish said:

The correct termilogy is "died suddenly" and your right it does work

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

In Western Australia it is often reported as a "police/railway incident."

6 minutes ago, Rorri said:

Why? 

There are mourning family members reading this and you have the bloody nerve to bring up ladyboys.

I've been here over 30 years and haven't seen many such circumstances with such people yet you sat you have. How many deaths exactly have you seen with ladyboys present? Do you live in Thailand at all?

16 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

Usual borrox about the deceased having had "help" from a local booking his final flight. 

Couldn't possibly be just another farang with issues choosing to end it all, could it??

A 25 year old does not come to thailand for a holiday and decide to kill himself. He would have been enjoying himself and doing as he pleases. Cashed up and plenty of pussy. It happens far too much with these balcony falls to all be accidents. Not all have "issues". Improve building codes and have existing railing heights extended to at least 1 and a half metre then we will see these so called accidents reduced dramatically. Thai women cannot lift a farang over a high railing.

Thailand tourist towns need to learn from Las  Vegas..another "stressed" town. Most hotels there do not have balconies, even windows, just fixed safety glass  panels. Just smoking pot and step on a balcony, it is a bad idea..... and most young people like the sex/pot combination a lot.....Pot is becoming legal in many countries now.... 

19 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Fishy.

I wouldn't strip of my clothes if I had the plan to kill myself.

Looks more like he got some "help" during or after a sex session.

Many people sleep naked. Nothing suspicious about that. My theory is that he was sleepwalking.

15 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

There are mourning family members reading this and you have the bloody nerve to bring up ladyboys.

I've been here over 30 years and haven't seen many such circumstances with such people yet you sat you have. How many deaths exactly have you seen with ladyboys present? Do you live in Thailand at all?

Read and understand my comment, you have taken one part of it without understand the full context. As for a growing number of family reading this, prove it, also read my other comment regarding family/friends reading Thaivisa, many would never have heard of this site, those that have should know what to expect. Please note, I never suggested the young lad was with a ladyboy, this seems your assumptiom, to make it easier, for you, I was simply pointing out that, unlike some posts, it might not be suicide, and how strange, in many cases, there is someone else present. Best you understand what you are reading before getting angry and replying. 

19 hours ago, digibum said:

Austrian, Australian, same same.  Farang is farang.  :-)

Next year the Australian Boys Choir is performing in Bangkok.  

Find some different drugs, your quote does not make sense, and is in very bad taste....

12 minutes ago, hoffy66 said:

Find some different drugs, your quote does not make sense, and is in very bad taste....

First off, the only quote my comment was a direct quote, cut and paste, from the original article.  

But do explain to me what is in very poor taste.  

The OP article says:

The local press reported that he was Austrian. But Thaivisa discovered that he was in fact Australian after an obituary appeared in the Herald Sun in Melbourne.

Pointing out that the local press botching the difference between Austrian and Australian is not unusual because it's all farang to them is fairly on point when it comes to the local press.  

I did however error in saying that it was the Australian Boys Choir when the world famous boy's choir is more commonly referred to as the Vienna Boys' Choir.  I still think the joke stands either way (perhaps as the Australian Vienna Boy's Choir) but probably would have been better to get the name correct rather than show my ignorance of boys choirs.  :-)

Nevertheless, how is that in poor taste?  The joke, in case you didn't get it, was that the local press would also likely confuse Vienna Boy's Choice with being Australian. 

1 hour ago, Rorri said:

Couldn't be more wrong

A lot of the farang suicides here happen when the deceased is alone.

I don't understand the reluctance - certainly on the part of the rank and file TV forum membership - to accept that Westerners coming/living here can be unhinged or just plain old, batshit crazy.

Maybe they believe that the Western (white) tourist/(s)expat's life must be so wonderful, so idyllic that he or she couldn't possibly want to end his or her own life and that, if he or she comes to a sticky end, a local must be at the centre of it.

Sorry but, judging by the state of the farang trainwrecks I see every single day wandering around or pickling their livers in Bangkok, I'm surprised many more aren't in the morgue.

56 minutes ago, callaway said:

A 25 year old does not come to thailand for a holiday and decide to kill himself. He would have been enjoying himself and doing as he pleases. Cashed up and plenty of pussy. It happens far too much with these balcony falls to all be accidents. Not all have "issues". Improve building codes and have existing railing heights extended to at least 1 and a half metre then we will see these so called accidents reduced dramatically. Thai women cannot lift a farang over a high railing.

What the hell do you know about the deceased's life? What do you know about the hotel's balcony - its name isn't even mentioned.

The guy was butt naked and fell off a balcony. He could've been pissed up or high as a kite - you don't know.

Still, I suppose the fact that he was white and young is more than enough reason for the Thaivisa CSI (Armchair Division) to apportion blame to anyone but the deceased. 

45 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

Couldn't be more wrong

A lot of the farang suicides here happen when the deceased is alone.

I don't understand the reluctance - certainly on the part of the rank and file TV forum membership - to accept that Westerners coming/living here can be unhinged or just plain old, batshit crazy.

Maybe they believe that the Western (white) tourist/(s)expat's life must be so wonderful, so idyllic that he or she couldn't possibly want to end his or her own life and that, if he or she comes to a sticky end, a local must be at the centre of it.

Sorry but, judging by the state of the farang trainwrecks I see every single day wandering around or pickling their livers in Bangkok, I'm surprised many more aren't in the morgue.

I didn't  say "all"? You seem to have miss-read my comment.

3 hours ago, mydee said:

Dear Tahneejade.

There are some dreadful people on Thaivisa, respect and sensitivity are alien concepts to them. The amateur detectives can't possibly know all the available facts of what happened only the police and other professionals involved can find out what really happened. A lot of the  other comments are just gossip.

Just treat their silly comments with the contempt they deserve. In your situation I wouldn't bother to read this rubbish

You have my sympathy on the tragic death of your cousin 

the problem is that from their experience many TV members doubt that the police always want to find out what really happened ....

37 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

the problem is that from their experience many TV members doubt that the police always want to find out what really happened ....

How many TV members have actually had oersonal experience with the police and how many just hate cops?

4 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

How many TV members have actually had oersonal experience with the police and how many just hate cops?

they read the stories in TV. How many of them are of good report when dealing with Thai police? How many are the opposite?

It's not the TV members - it's the facts that are reported

Archived