Your favorite guesthouses in Chumpon

LiorW

On 8/6/2016 at 3:47 PM, lostinisaan said:

The " Kee Niaou" Guesthouse on main road.:w00t:

Are you sure this is how it's written?

I can't find any reference to it in Google. I also tried to look for it in Thai (ขี้เหนียว?)

Will you have your own vehicle?

I assume something in the town?  There are several under 700 baht with air/hot water.   You might want to consider the ones near Ok BBQ (buffet moo ga ta,  all you can eat place for 129 baht).

I think they are closer to 1000  baht/night or a bit more.  But you also have farang bar which have 200 baht fan rooms.

2 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Will you have your own vehicle?

I assume something in the town?  There are several under 700 baht with air/hot water.   You might want to consider the ones near Ok BBQ (buffet moo ga ta,  all you can eat place for 129 baht).

I think they are closer to 1000  baht/night or a bit more.  But you also have farang bar which have 200 baht fan rooms.

I prefer to be out of the farang area. I will probably hire some motorbike.

I can manage with a rate higher than Baht 200. I will definitely need hot water and air con.

2 hours ago, LiorW said:

I prefer to be out of the farang area. I will probably hire some motorbike.

I can manage with a rate higher than Baht 200. I will definitely need hot water and air con.

Chumphon doesn't have a lot of foreigners like, say Pats or Patong.  A few english teachers here and there, and backpackers going to Koh Tao.  Farang Bar or FAME can rent motorbike....otherwise you need to come to Thung Wua Laen to rent motorbike (Take the Yellow Song Theaw to Saphli; passes by FAME / ToT building, but better to catch it at the starting point near 7-eleven by Chokanan bus station, 25 baht or motorbike taxi for 150 baht if you travel light, or tuk tuk for 300-350 you can split sometimes with another foreigner if you are coming off the train or bus).  I know someone you can rent motorbike from at Thung Wua Laen.  Most likely 150-300 baht/day depending on if you want the PCX or the click.

Thung Wua Laen has places from 350-4000 baht....you will likely run into a couple of foreigner expats, but it is low season anyway.  You want private pool, on the beach, etc?   On the beach, but secluded....got a contact for that also 1200 baht.  But if you want to stay in the town, then rent motorbike from fame or farang bar and then there are hotels down the street from farang bar should be under 1000 baht.  

There is a recently opened resort in town that has pool.  I think it was 450/night, doesn't get any better....but you need motorbike to get there. 

And then as you are going towards Thung wua laen, there are a couple of newer guesthouses within 5KM of the town, right off the main road.

You didn't mention what you are trying to do, how long you are staying, etc.  So it is difficult to advice.

Archived