Dozens of tourists test positive for drugs at Samui pub raid

rooster59

1 minute ago, jonclark said:

Even if those drugs are legal / de-criminalized in your home country. A number if countries have made marijuana legal for personal consumption. I think Italy is next up considering it. Should citizens of those countries be preemptively banned? 

On that subject, I think there is a big problem getting a visa for the USA if one has a conviction related to narcotics.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jonclark said:

Even if those drugs are legal / de-criminalized in your home country. A number if countries have made marijuana legal for personal consumption. I think Italy is next up considering it. Should citizens of those countries be preemptively banned? 

If you spend all day getting high in America and are dumb enough to go to a country where getting high will send you to prison and ruin your life........well, i can't help you.  

The aftermath of the military drug test seem to be that Chaweng nightlife again close at 2 am sharp – a bit sad for the island's tourism income, which is still based on a lot of partying young/younger folks, that today spend a lot more money than old time back-packers...:whistling:

On 7-8-2016 at 7:45 AM, epicstuff said:

everything is banned in Singapore

To my surprise the streets were loaded with drinking/smoking people in Singapore at night. They all sit on the bridges and party with bottles of booze which they even don't throw in the bin when they leave.

They do have plenty bins there though, not like Bangkok where they are scared to death to put one outside.

On 7 August 2016 at 7:58 AM, ClutchClark said:

So were the drugs somehow ingested using these shesha pipes? 

Is this common for middle easteners or were these farangs ?

They might be middle eastern fallangs, it's been an ethnically diverse region for thousands of years.

Seem like the end of the story is that Sound Club is closed now, and shall remain closed for five years – if not something change of who is in control of Koh Samui – saw it was closed tonight, and a pair of girls in opposite Happy Bar said that Sound Club did not have a license, but just paid police to stay open.

And also Bar Solo is closed after the shooting episode last week – "under reconstruction" I'm told a sign says – so two iconic Chaweng night-life venues may be missing for some time.

:whistling:

On 8/7/2016 at 11:38 AM, craigt3365 said:

You can "Happy" pizza in Cambodia.  It's everywhere.

Not to mention Laos had a very famous party destination where you could get Mushrooms on your pizza as well until recently.

I can understand cracking down on dangerous and addictive drugs, but things like Marijuana or psychedelics, it's just a witch hunt by people who have never used them.

• 3 weeks later...

So what happened to the poor innocent tourists ?

1 hour ago, Shawn0000 said:

Like every other report on TV there will be no follow up, there are no journalists here.

If you have read the posts above, you will know that "no tourists were harmed during the raid"; this amazing event were unfortunately for Thais only, but extreme wrongly reported by the Thai journalist in the original news-flash... :thumbsup:
(For your info: I was there...):)

On August 7, 2016 at 1:33 AM, impulse said:

'Tell you what.  Look up all the over the counter meds, the supplements and food ingredients you've eaten in the past 12 months, looking for how many of them will give a positive result on the first round of piss testing.

Then ask yourself if you really want to be in a bar where they come in and haul off everyone that pees purple.  

My MD in Bangkok told me to stay out of tourist bars for that very reason.  He said I'd eventually be cleared, but it could take weeks for the more definitive results to clear me.

You have the same thing with HIV medications, they show positive for pot.

10 hours ago, Missing Troll said:

You have the same thing with HIV medications, they show positive for pot.

I have never heard of anyone testing positive for THC because of a pharmaceutical drug product. 

Perhaps its possible with the field testing kits used by Thai police? 

But to suggest these bar patrons all tested false positive is ridiculous.

On September 12, 2016 at 1:22 AM, ClutchClark said:

I have never heard of anyone testing positive for THC because of a pharmaceutical drug product. 

First of all I didn't say all bar patrons tested false positive. When it comes to HIV drugs, yes Atripla give false positive for marijuana, have had employees that this happened too when taken random drug test at work. It also states in the medication side effect section.

On 9/12/2016 at 1:22 AM, ClutchClark said:

Ibuprofen can result in a false positive for THC.

3 hours ago, AsianExport said:

helo, so now, where to drink and dance all night at Samui ? any other drug tests done around samui lately ? thanks.

No way – everything close at 2am sharp (except the Full Moon Party at Koh Phangan tonight)...:(

If you're into drugs, it's better to stay away...:whistling:

On 8/7/2016 at 11:32 PM, ethaniel said:

The big question is:

Can a person refuse a drug test? Information differs from source to source.

It is an invasion of privacy after all. For example in my home country, I can refuse a drug test and walk away. 

The thing to remember is that the Thais don't care how we do things in our home countries.

In my hometown local paper in the UK, I am seeing increasing amounts of people being busted for drug-driving. (A driving ban, same-same as alcohol).

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/14739538.Mother_found_to_be_driving_under_the_influence_of_cocaine/

https://www.roaddriver.co.uk/safety-tips/the-legal-consequences-of-drink-and-drug-driving/

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, blueboy57 said:

The end of an era?? Seems like one last bash on the 29th. Bad news for the partyheads, but maybe good news for tourists and regular folks living in the area, who like a good night's sleep.

14368640_323432704670211_920145526510116

Believe many of the tourists in that specific area comes mainly for partying – Sound Club and late party will probably be missed if the closure is more than the six month mentioned in the news article.

On 2016-08-07 at 8:06 AM, shirtless said:

Great job in ruining tourism , Thailand only knows how to shoot themselves in the feet.well done ars hats

About time actually. Kick out these low-life white trash that doesn't spend shit anyway. 

On 07/08/2016 at 0:54 PM, epicstuff said:

Think the answer to that  from most worldly people is an outstanding yes depending on the drug of course!  I and most people, I believe, have got themselves into more trouble and put themselves and others in harms way more often through excessive drinking than   a joint or XTC pill or tab of acid.     I don't understand why anything that  Doesnt effect others is illegal. In  a free society one should be able to choose their own poison.  

Yes but these drug taking idiots really need to be protected.      Against themselves !

Archived