Weekend in (or around) Krabi. Local advice?

impulse

My apologies for the newby question.

I'm looking for local recommendations for a weekend getaway from BKK, flying to Krabi, staying on a beach in a hotel where I can rent a kayak and bop around some nice shoreline.  The important things are ease of getting to and from the airport, the beachfront hotel and the rental kayak.  

Good water visibility would be a plus in case I decided to get wet off the kayak, but shoreline scenery is more important.  No partying, no chasing women, no drinking, no nightlife required, but it would be nice to have a decent place to eat within easy reach of the property.

Budget isn't tight, but looking for decent value and a stress free getaway.   Can anyone steer me toward a hotel that fits the bill?  Or is Krabi even a good option for a short (2 day) weekend from BKK?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see why nobody's answered you so far, your requirements are tough to match, actual beachfront hotels are probably on Ao Siew, Khlong Muang and Tub Kaek, on the other hand I imagine Ao Thalane to be best for Kayaking but not sure any hotels are on the beach, it's been a while since I was there and things change so quickly. Have a good google, good luck it's a beautiful area.

• 4 weeks later...

There's actually plenty of hotels in Krabi that have a relaxing atmosphere. Nakamanda and Ao Nang Phu Petra are both impressive. There are also crystal pools and hot sptings. The Hong Islands cruise is also a good option. Krabi is huge and there's just so many places to explore and a plethora of things to do so good luck with your travel planning!

Archived