The Peninsula

corkscrew

Though we live right across the river from The Peninsula we have not dined there in almost a year. We used to go there quite often and last night I asked my wife: "Hey, why have we stopped going to The Pen?" She said: "Lets go now". And, we did.

The buffet, compared with that at the Shangri-La or the Oriental is not as deep. But, the dessert display is a remarkable sight (not having a sweet tooth I didn't taste any of them). The starters are better than those at the Hyatt Erawan but not on a par with the other river hotels. The main courses: just OK.

Now I know why we haven't eaten there in almost a year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've heard the JW Marriot has the best buffet in town... would you concur?

I would say most certainly it is one of the best, although personally I prefer the Shangri-La.

One thing I would recommend to anyone regularly eating in 5* hotels, is to buy the Hotel Priviledges card, around 7000 baht. I have Sheraton/Marriott/Shangri-La and Starwood cards. Not only have they saved me a fortune, but you get free accomodations, well worth the money

• 2 weeks later...
I've tried them all. Than I discovered a new one at the Landmark, second floor, new restaurant... forgot its name.

Buffet: Wow! 999 per person. Come with 4 or more, you get 50% off.

Now I remember why I havent come back to all others.

Its called the Atrium. It is a great deal for more than four people, but they raised the price to 1,500, so its 750 per person, instead of 500. They also have a wine buffet, that is all you can drink with some nice selections.

I've tried them all. Than I discovered a new one at the Landmark, second floor, new restaurant... forgot its name.

Buffet: Wow! 999 per person. Come with 4 or more, you get 50% off.

Now I remember why I havent come back to all others.

Its called the Atrium. It is a great deal for more than four people, but they raised the price to 1,500, so its 750 per person, instead of 500. They also have a wine buffet, that is all you can drink with some nice selections.