Pokemon Go tours launched in Phuket

webfact

Pokemon Go tours launched in Phuket

The Phuket News

1470800911_1-org.jpg

Pokemon Go tours have already been launched in Phuket. Image: Phuket Tour Holiday

PHUKET: -- While the country struggles to contain the Pokemon Go frenzy that has already seen people endangered while hunting for animated characters on their smartphones in the augmented reality game, one Phuket tour operator has launched tours to hunt down the prized critters.

Yongyuth Chankul, Managing Director at Phuket Tour Holiday Co, launched tours around the island to hunt Pokemon characters on Monday (Aug 8), just two days after the game was launched in Thailand.

“Many people are delighted that we came up with the idea to help them hunt for Pokemon at Phuket landmarks. We normally offer daily tours to these tourist attractions, so all we had to do was add Pokemon hunting to our package.” he told The Phuket News today (Aug 10).

The tours, by car or van, take Pokemon hunters around Phuket. Collectible items have been found at Khao Rang in Phuket Town, Wat Chalong, Thalang Rd in Phuket Old Town, Karon Viewpoint, Promthep Cape and even Saphan Hin, said Mr Yonyuth.

“There are others in other locations, and people can search for them while on the tours,” he said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/pokemon-go-tours-launched-in-phuket-58626.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-08-10

I would say Pokemon Go is pathetic. But somebody who sees an opportunity make money out of some adults chasing something like this, I can only agree with. I might join him and hide some under water.

My business happens to be a poke stop. I am going to capitalize on the opportunity, that's for sure.

We get maybe 50 people right now everyday in our parking lot directly outside my business playing Pokemon.

Just today I saw a motorbike with 3 farang on it. A husband, wife, and their child.

In one way it's a transformational technology and could benefit the next generation as far as inspiring creativity and the pursuit of what's possible.

In another way, I also think grown adults playing computer games is rather odd.

okay... so all the new potential game cheats,

get to pay up to be shown all the GameCheats

sort of defeats the point of gaming

What this Should be about, is to show where you are Not Allowed to go...

Archived