Low Class Tourists, or Not.

NoshowJones

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always considered 'class' is a matter of standards and not wealth.I have known guys over here with plenty of money,who act like pigs,abuse the Thais,both men and women for their ignorance,when they are more ignorant than the people they slander.

On the other hand i have known normal,well behaved tourists who save all year to come here

,and enjoy themselves without causing upset or offence to any body,and do so on a limited budget.

Just because a guy likes a drink and chooses to avail himself of the ladies,who,by the way are  more than eager to please,doesn't mean he is 'low class'

on the  subject of dress,'class' is shown when  wearing attire that is clean,smart and does not offend the Thai culture,and there's a lot of women who could learn a lesson there.i have met guys with degrees from their own countries who come here and sow themselves up.You dont have to be Einstein to know how to behave.

And what the hell has accommodation got to do with it? Not everybody can afford to stay at the Dusit,or the Hilton.

Anyway dirty chang t,shirts and cut offs aside,i was of the impression that the class system was dead and gone.

I feel very sorry for the sad people judge a person by his assumed class.Dont forget,this is the land of reinvention.

On 8/10/2016 at 11:53 AM, pgrahmm said:

If the news would REPORT the truth, actual facts instead of copying & pasting press releases & pablum the citizens of some countries would be far better suited and more inclined to have a balanced opinion and forge options.....

The media has become such a huge irresponsible force with no checks & balances or consequences.....Stuff is churned out from so many sources with agendas to quickly that it goes unquestioned......The real players are rarely identified but pawns aplenty .......

Sorry Pgrahmm, I did not mean to end up here.

On 8/10/2016 at 0:45 PM, JJGreen said:

Why is low class tourism all about how a person looks?

Lots of low class tourists dress neatly and can string a sentence together

A low class tourist is here for paid sex ,boozing and maybe finding a wife they can buy

Your first question, I would say that describing a person who is shirtless is how they look, they are showing disrespect towards the Thai people, therefor they

are low class tourists, your second sentence, yes, low class tourists or expats can dress well, but get drunk and stagger down the street, then cannot string a sentence together.

Your last sentence, if they are behaving themselves, then paying for sex and finding a wife would not make them low class tourists, then again, if the are boozing

themselves in to a drunken state, then they are low class tourists.

5 hours ago, Caps said:

So to live in/visit Thailand you need to have money, be slim and attractive with no tats?......so that would knock down tourism and ex-pat living by about 80% :thumbsup:

I have money, but not a lot, I am slim with no tattooes, ie, I would say that wearing a wifebeater, and your arms tattooed from wrist to shoulder is low class, but the odd tattoo is not.

12 hours ago, swissie said:

To the Thai's, if working in the "entertainment sector", everybody with liberal spending habits is "high class". Looks, behavior etc is secondary. (2 week millionaires are especially welcome).

Ouoops ! Now I have given away a well kept secret.

Cheers.

The two week millionaires would have to behave themselves, no drunkeness in public, no disrespect to the Thai people, ie wearing the appropriate

clothing while visiting a Temple, and of course being shirtless etc.

If not, then they are low class tourists no matter how much they spend IMO.

On 8/10/2016 at 1:10 PM, MissAndry said:

Low class tourists,

You can't get much lower the spitting and pooping in the street.

I have been guilty of the first part but never seen any poop on the street. I guess the area's I travel in are to high class. As long as they have the cash does class really matter? Its a cash grab numbers game and money spent by the lower class still benefit the economy. Welcome them all with open arms and they will open their wallets. 

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

In answer to the OP's question -

who gives a flying f#*k?

You obviously don't, but the amount of people posting do.

"who gives a flying f#*k"?  Going by that answer, it must be assumed that you are a very low class tourist or expat.

a complete undesirable.

6 hours ago, Caps said:

So to live in/visit Thailand you need to have money, be slim and attractive with no tats?......so that would knock down tourism and ex-pat living by about 80% :thumbsup:

... not to mention improve the scenery no end.

Just imagine Pattaya without the obligatory mid-life crisis, the beer bellied biker on a loud Harley with tats, pony tail and leather vest. The place would be soooo much nicer.

(sarcasm alert)

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:45 AM, JJGreen said:

Why is low class tourism all about how a person looks?

Lots of low class tourists dress neatly and can string a sentence together

A low class tourist is here for paid sex ,boozing and maybe finding a wife they can buy

Shit I almost fit into this bracket I thought I was a tourist having some fun (the wife part is something that can just happen, she loves me honest) 

As pointed out by one poster "Behaviour would be the best judge of ones character, not what they wear or look like"

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Your first question, I would say that describing a person who is shirtless is how they look, they are showing disrespect towards the Thai people, therefor they

are low class tourists, your second sentence, yes, low class tourists or expats can dress well, but get drunk and stagger down the street, then cannot string a sentence together.

Your last sentence, if they are behaving themselves, then paying for sex and finding a wife would not make them low class tourists, then again, if the are boozing

themselves in to a drunken state, then they are low class tourists.

Dude, I did say buying a wife... not finding a wife. Very different

Are European tourists at 5 star resorts holidaying with their wife and family, yet go around all day shirtless, low class tourists? 

20 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

Dude, I did say buying a wife... not finding a wife. Very different

Are European tourists at 5 star resorts holidaying with their wife and family, yet go around all day shirtless, low class tourists? 

I don't care how rich they are, or what 5 star resorts or hotels they stay in, or how much money they spend, if they walk about the streets and shopping malls

shirtless, they are disgusting, and low class tourists.

Buying a wife? You mean joining an introduction service? Have they not gone out of business now due to internet dating? Finding a wife, you mean barfining

different girls until you find that "special" one? Is that all that different? IMO, I don't think that in itself would make someone a low class tourist.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I don't care how rich they are, or what 5 star resorts or hotels they stay in, or how much money they spend, if they walk about the streets and shopping malls

shirtless, they are disgusting, and low class tourists.

Buying a wife? You mean joining an introduction service? Have they not gone out of business now due to internet dating? Finding a wife, you mean barfining

different girls until you find that "special" one? Is that all that different? IMO, I don't think that in itself would make someone a low class tourist.

Buying a wife by offering a monetary incentive to partnering up with them. How they find the wife is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

Buying a wife by offering a monetary incentive to partnering up with them. How they find the wife is irrelevant.

Just taking a wild guess here but once you've taken the step of obtaining/getting/having a wife the term "tourist" no longer applies.....

5 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Just taking a wild guess here but once you've taken the step of obtaining/getting/having a wife the term "tourist" no longer applies.....

Tourist coming here as a holiday and taking wife back to their home country. Once they're married their status becomes...?

44 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

Tourist coming here as a holiday and taking wife back to their home country. Once they're married their status becomes...?

Repatriated citizens.....?.........Or citizens from just a "vacation/holiday" break.....

If they stay they're expats - they go back home with or without a wife they're nothing here......

4 hours ago, ericthai said:

I think they make low class tourists in China. 

the thing is, that the Chinese COPY everything...

... so who do they model themselves from??  

therefore - full circle - back to post#1

14 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Repatriated citizens.....?.........Or citizens from just a "vacation/holiday" break.....

If they stay they're expats - they go back home with or without a wife they're nothing here......

They were tourists when they were here... and tourists when they re-visit 

Just now, JJGreen said:

They were tourists when they were here... and tourists when they read visit 

Guessing a Thai wife takes the tourist part away.....But - in truth the visa might still be a "tourist" type until changed.....How many wives can you collect per tourist visit? Not sure I want to know - given the village weddings......

14 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

If they stay they're expats - they go back home with or without a wife they're nothing 

We are talking about tourists and pre marriage while here as a tourist...

Just cos u are married dude that doesn't stop your future visits here being as a tourist...this time with your wife.

Why would marriage negate you being a tourist if u don't live here?

On 10/08/2016 at 1:10 PM, MissAndry said:

Low class tourists,

You can't get much lower the spitting and pooping in the street.

Except maybe getting a BJ in public, aka Phi Phi recently, that was the lowest of anything I've ever seen/heard of here.

4 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Except maybe getting a BJ in public, aka Phi Phi recently, that was the lowest of anything I've ever seen/heard of here.

Going to Phi Phi tomorrow think she's still so inclined.....?

Archived