Low Class Tourists, or Not.

NoshowJones

Just now, morrobay said:

Cigarette smokers are low class people/tourists. They are stupid, inconsiderate ,oblivious and obnoxious. I have a birds eye view of about 6 hotel balconies and its amazing that over 95% always have the guests smoking cigarettes. And of course while standing out front waiting for transportation - smoking. By " looks" the white males have a low class look. The other major cigarette smoking group (tourists) are the Korean males. It looks like about 90% of Korean males are cigarette  smokers. Over all  would estimate about 80% of tourists to Pattaya smoke and that is above the

average for any country. By the way, you would notice that for any other of the above definitions and behaviors of what constitutes a low class tourist: Notice that the common denominator is a cigarette smoker.

OK - we all appreciate your rant about smokers who have the nerve to stand on their balcony (or anywhere else in the open air) smoking a cigarette. :gigglem:.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Cigarette smokers are low class people/tourists. They are stupid, inconsiderate ,oblivious and obnoxious. I have a birds eye view of about 6 hotel balconies and its amazing that over 95% always have the guests smoking cigarettes. And of course while standing out front waiting for transportation - smoking. By " looks" the white males have a low class look. The other major cigarette smoking group (tourists) are the Korean males. It looks like about 90% of Korean males are cigarette  smokers.

Over all  would estimate about 80% of tourists to Pattaya smoke and that is above the average for any country.

By the way, you would notice that for any other of the above definitions and behaviors of what constitutes a low class tourist: Notice that the common denominator is a cigarette smoker.

You  must lead a very quiet life having the time to spend watching smokers using the privacy of their outdoor balconies . But then you go further you actually come up with possible percentages.

i wonder if you are a voyeur in the making 

28 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Cigarette smokers are low class people/tourists. They are stupid, inconsiderate ,oblivious and obnoxious. I have a birds eye view of about 6 hotel

balconies and its amazing that over 95% always have the guests smoking cigarettes. And of course while standing out front waiting for transportation - smoking. By " looks" the white males have a low class look. The other major cigarette smoking group (tourists) are the Korean males. It looks like about 90% of Korean males are cigarette  smokers. Over all  would estimate about 80% of tourists to Pattaya smoke and that is above the

average for any country. By the way, you would notice that for any other of the above definitions and behaviors of what constitutes a low class tourist:

Notice that the common denominator is a cigarette smoker.

Many members of the British royal family were smokers at least at some time in their lives, just that we never saw them at bus stops etc puffing away.

Apparently Albert Einstein liked  to smoke (quite alot!), in answer to someone who I once heard state that smokers are "stupid".

I cannot necessarily see a correlation between class and whether someone is a smoker.

Maybe it's also partly to do with the fact people who used to be able inside now have to go outside to balconies etc, so they are more visible and seem more numerous than they were before?

Easy answer is anyone who behaves in a manner they never would back home, or flaunts in the face of basic Thai customs.

Regarding the Pattaya brigade, have you ever seen a beach town in the west? They're not exactly the definition of class.

27 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Many members of the British royal family were smokers at least at some time in their lives, just that we never saw them at bus stops etc puffing away.

Apparently Albert Einstein liked  to smoke (quite alot!), in answer to someone who I once heard state that smokers are "stupid".

I cannot necessarily see a correlation between class and whether someone is a smoker.

Does anyone behave on holiday the way they would back home?

Don't know about you, but on holiday I'd be far more happy and friendly - not to mention more naive as I saw nothing but the best in everyone!

Edit - Sorry, I meant to reply to Eldragon's post, not your post....

On 8/11/2016 at 3:23 PM, possum1931 said:

I don't care how rich they are, or what 5 star resorts or hotels they stay in, or how much money they spend, if they walk about the streets and shopping malls

shirtless, they are disgusting, and low class tourists.

Buying a wife? You mean joining an introduction service? Have they not gone out of business now due to internet dating? Finding a wife, you mean barfining

different girls until you find that "special" one? Is that all that different? IMO, I don't think that in itself would make someone a low class tourist.

Any tourist going to Pattaya is more correctly called a sexpat bar the odd exception that didn't know it is a large brothel with the lowest of the low Thais and tourists from around the world.

Pretty sad when they have set up a "caste" system among themselves. Those sitting in a bar guzzling beer next to a prostitute feeling superior to a guy not wearing a shirt. It a bleeding tropical beach resort. Still self-righteous judgement makes them feel superior.

Dont confuse sexpats with tourists or expats or retirees or sextirees.

18 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

To find out if you are an expat or a retiree.

Well I am not an expat, as I was never patriotic to my country.

Not a retiree as I am not on retirement extensions.

You have got me wondering what I am now.

Oh! I know, if I said I was a retiree, you would know I did not have a work permit.

Do you really care if I have a work permit or not?

One more thing, do you know Soi Biker?

Just now, possum1931 said:

Well I am not an expat, as I was never patriotic to my country.

Not a retiree as I am not on retirement extensions.

You have got me wondering what I am now.

Oh! I know, if I said I was a retiree, you would know I did not have a work permit.

Do you really care if I have a work permit or not?

No I don't care. As I said it was to find out if you were a retiree or a working expat.

Trustfund kid or dolecheat, I've seen them all -  I try not to judge.

Personally, I've been the worst kind of lowlife scum and pretty near the top.

4 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

No I don't care. As I said it was to find out if you were a retiree or a working expat.

Trustfund kid or dolecheat, I've seen them all -  I try not to judge.

Personally, I've been the worst kind of lowlife scum and pretty near the top.

I know what a dole cheat is, and to the ones now in the UK, good luck to them, but what is a Trustfund kid?

A low class tourist is simply one who is disrespectful of the host culture, and it's people. This can encompass myriad attitudes and behaviors,  most of which have been detailed in the other posts.

On 8/12/2016 at 1:08 PM, Andrew65 said:

Maybe it's also partly to do with the fact people who used to be able inside now have to go outside to balconies etc, so they are more visible and seem more numerous than they were before?

The correlation between low class and smoking is more of a recent phenomena, say in the last 20 years as the more intelligent and  higher classes have quite.

Sure if you go back beyond then even doctors were smoking. Having said that and going back on topic;

Even Stevie Wonder could see the correlation between lowlifes , low class tourists and cigarette smokers. 

Maybe with the exception of the Korean male cigarette smokers.

Ie this group do not  really look like lowlifes or low class. Just stupid i guess.

On August 10, 2016 at 1:57 PM, dick dasterdly said:

A very interesting question as I suspect there are many different interpretations of 'low class tourists'.

My own would (or would have been) the tourists that stay in cheap accommodation, spend their days getting pissed and nights with 'ladies of ill repute'.

Ladies of ill repute? LoL....you mean women of commerce? AKA hos. 

Im a firm believer that the calibre of a destination attracts those best suited to it. 

Pattaya is a low class, sleazy dump of a place.....i fit right in and love it in small doses....there is zero human pretension to life here....everyone knows what they want...and no one is judged for it. 

Its the so called "respectable, upright, sophisticated, high class" families and uptight moral brigade that stick out like a sore thumb. 

Pattaya is not for them and i wish they would get the hell out. 

Archived