BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thais furious as 'farang' woman parades in her undies at Phuket temple

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

95 procent she was part of a Russian tour group. She should have known better, but more importantly the tour guide and wat chalong officials should have prevented this.

How did you arrive at that conclusion? It looked like she was there on her own.

In Pattaya we often see Farang females dressed "inappropriately" all over town, but the Thais don't mind at all. I saw a Farang lady walking across a busy intersection on 3rd Road/Pattaya Tai in a skimpy bikini the other day... about a kilometer east of the beach. That was the worst (or best :D depending on your POV) case of inappropriate dress I've seen here. If any Thais were taking photos, it wasn't to complain.

13 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Does anyone think that she would try to enter a cathedral in her own country or in any western country dressed like that?

OK Bluespunk  :)

Do you understand this one better?

Does anyone think that she would try to enter a mosque dressed like that?

That is a different question all together and nothing to do with the one I responded to.

18 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

A merit inside a temple, where monks weren't seen all night long. They're too busy meditating, or mediataking? 

Please not for members under 25 years of age. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4uQD3n5YyE

There is a time and place for everything,  similar to Carnival when large areas of the Western World go berserk for a week or so. (Believe me, I was in Italy and also in Rio and Salvador during Carnival and it is wild. Although Brasil was beating the Italians in this sport.) 
But during regular times, it is simple to dress properly and respectfully when going to church, temple or other holy places.
(notice also that the Royal Palaces do not allow those strange torn clothes on their premises)

Just another tempest in a tea cup. If I were a Buddhist, I would be far more worried about some of the corrupt monks.

Does anyone except me remember when there were signs outsside of tmples and rourist sites that  stated that women should not wear pants suits to enter the place?

In 1976 and 1977, women wearinng pants in a tourist site or temple were asked to change to "appropriate dress" before entering.

And yes in the early 1970's there was at least one "clothing optional" beach in Phuket. but by 1978, when i first went to Phuket it was closed.

Most attractive farang backside Ive seen in Thailand…carry on ma'am...

I really hope I never make a mistake or accidentally offend someone resulting in no injury to anyone at all. A lot of the guys on here would have me jailed for life, caned, dragged down the street (clearly not naked) by horses or even sent back to where I came from. 

Monks may launder billions of baht, but a woman in a see-through skirt unleashes the  fury of the pious locals. This story should have never made the news, she should have been taken aside and just told that her skirt was inappropriate.

4 hours ago, kalbo123 said:

I haven been to several Thai Temple party's.

The Thai "sexy girls" dancing and singing there were dressed way more inappropriate, just saying before the farang bashing begins.

some of which are very young school girl show where the girls have heavily applied makeup and dressed extremely tarty.  

Anyone considered that "maybe" that's NOT her undies and in fact its a bikini, and she did cover up by wearing that outfit but didnt realise it was that see-through ???

But then that wouldnt make a headline would it, far too reasonable explanation.

The woman is obviously lacking in any awareness of the importance of temple etiquette and she should have been told to leave

Yes we all know about Patpong and bars but there is a time and a place and farangs need to be reminded that they are guests

This blatant attitude by westerners is the reason why I left the UK - it's called arrogance

JGV

4 hours ago, kalbo123 said:

I haven been to several Thai Temple party's.

The Thai "sexy girls" dancing and singing there were dressed way more inappropriate, just saying before the farang bashing begins.

The best dirty dancing i have ever seen, ANYWHERE, is from small 10-30k Morlam groups with 4 dancers, inside temple grounds in some Nakhon Nowhere village in Isaan.

More than once.

Clothing - either bikinis or lingerie.

Marvelous.

Unfortunately the picture is all blurred, so I will reserve my fake indignation for when someone posts a decent, hi-res, uncensored version.

Imagine the outcry if I walked into a Catholic Church waiving a condom?? Or a mosque carying a bacon sandwich. Maybe a church of England church no forget them.!!! It's a Temple a place of worship for Buddhists. You lot moan if a man goes to do 90 day report in shorts t shirt and flip flops, double standards then or is it because it's a woman wearing skimpy knickers you like. Would you say it was appropriate if a bloke dressed the same way at a temple.

50 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

That is a different question all together and nothing to do with the one I responded to.

Ok some one said :"Does anyone think that she would try to enter a cathedral in her own country or in any western country" 

you answered : "Why wouldn't she?"

So I told you: " Do you understand this one better? Does anyone think that she would try to enter a mosque dressed like that?"

Your answer is:"That is a different question all together and nothing to do with the one I responded to." :cheesy:

No comment !